neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Tonight I was watching Dead Files, and Amy came across entities she calls "Tricksters." Does anyone know what these things actually are? When she had a sketch of them, when they surround the couples bed at night, they looked like aliens to me.
Oh! And I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong category D:

we speak the way we breathe
vamp434
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

"Tricksters" is more of a theory than a specific entity. Basically, it is the belief that aliens, spirits, UFOs, etc. are all a form of intelligence that is there to trick us or to lead us astray. The idea from what I mostly know came from John Keel. He believed in this idea since the more he looked into the phenomenon, the more it seemed to look back at him, i.e. evidence would disappear, past events would change, etc. Likely Dead Files was playing off of this idea. There's a podcast called Mysterious Universe that delves into this topic a lot as the hosts of the show believe in this theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Loki, Puck, Prometheus, etc... are all considered tricksters. There are a bunch of other immortals that qualify as well, and I know that there are a bunch of non immortal spirits or entities that qualify as well. I pulled some of the names from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Trickster_gods

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
TVXQ_520
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

She said they brought up traumas in a person's life. Making the person keep thinking about it, that's how the tricksters fed off of these people. The way she described them to me, sounded like shadow people.. but she said she didn't really know what they were so she went with "tricksters." They manipulate a person's mindset(?) And created chaos as well.

Sent from my ZTE_N9511 using Tapatalk

TVXQ_520
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

vamp434 wrote:"Tricksters" is more of a theory than a specific entity. Basically, it is the belief that aliens, spirits, UFOs, etc. are all a form of intelligence that is there to trick us or to lead us astray. The idea from what I mostly know came from John Keel. He believed in this idea since the more he looked into the phenomenon, the more it seemed to look back at him, i.e. evidence would disappear, past events would change, etc. Likely Dead Files was playing off of this idea. There's a podcast called Mysterious Universe that delves into this topic a lot as the hosts of the show believe in this theory.

What do you think? What are your thoughts on what he says about aliens, spirits, UFOs, etc??

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

That sounds like it could be what is referred to as a feeder.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
chaoticwave
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5

TVXQ_520 wrote:
vamp434 wrote:"Tricksters" is more of a theory than a specific entity. Basically, it is the belief that aliens, spirits, UFOs, etc. are all a form of intelligence that is there to trick us or to lead us astray. The idea from what I mostly know came from John Keel. He believed in this idea since the more he looked into the phenomenon, the more it seemed to look back at him, i.e. evidence would disappear, past events would change, etc. Likely Dead Files was playing off of this idea. There's a podcast called Mysterious Universe that delves into this topic a lot as the hosts of the show believe in this theory.

What do you think? What are your thoughts on what he says about aliens, spirits, UFOs, etc??

If you google Eve Lorgen, and read her work, she attributes much of the shadow being/trickster phenomena as being djinn-related. I don't know that to be true, but it is an interesting hypothesis.

I have always believed that I was slightly saner than most people. Then again, most insane people think this.
- Truman Capote
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

In my experience, another type of trickster is a poltergeist. These creatures are sometimes childlike and go about the victim's home, causing havoc inside that environment. Their purpose is not to cause physical harm, but to cause emotional harm, and it is their way of having fun at the expense of others.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:In my experience, another type of trickster is a poltergeist. These creatures are sometimes childlike and go about the victim's home, causing havoc inside that environment. Their purpose is not to cause physical harm, but to cause emotional harm, and it is their way of having fun at the expense of others.
With some poltergeists, they are merely looking for attention. And mean no harm at all.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

TVXQ_520 wrote:She said they brought up traumas in a person's life. Making the person keep thinking about it, that's how the tricksters fed off of these people. The way she described them to me, sounded like shadow people.. but she said she didn't really know what they were so she went with "tricksters." They manipulate a person's mindset(?) And created chaos as well.

Tricksters do not feed off energy. They just cause chaos. This, I know from experience.
Feeders, however, feed off emotions, draining their victims. They use things from the past to cause emotions, most of the time. This causes turbulence in their minds, and gives the feeders something to tap into. This, in turn, creates chaos, which causes more energy for them to feed off. It is a vicious cycle. I have also been caught up in a feeder's web, and struggled to break free. You have to clear your mind of anything that would cause emotions in order to begin the disentanglement. When I was in their snare, my thoughts were muddled, and I was always an emotional wreck. I felt drained of energy and felt no release. It is a horrible feeling. You feel you can never escape from the emotional pit of every day existence.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “General Questions”