Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

He knows when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he know if you've been bad, or good... for someone who knows so much about you, how much do you know about him?

The beloved icon of laughter, toys, and sleigh rides, Santa Claus's history is nearly as long, and as complex as Christmas itself.

It all began with a monk, who was called Saint Nicholas. In modern-day Turkey this man was born, lived, and became the subject of many legends. He was said to have been a man of great kindness and compassion during a time when people struggled for mere existence. The most circulated story of his compassion was he gifted a dowry to a father of three, young girls to keep them from being sold into slavery. Over time, he became the patron saint of children and sailors; though few sailors claim him today. His good deeds and the legends of his time spent on Earth became so popular across Europe, and portions of the Middle East, that an annual feast on December 6th to celebrate his birth became a popular tradition. By the AD 14th century, he was the most popular saint in Europe. Throughout Europe the stories of the kindly saint, and his great compassion for the needy, flourished. By the time immigrants came to America in the AD 18th century Saint Nicholas was a cemented part of December celebrations.

We have the Dutch to thank for bringing Saint Nicholas to America as their continued celebration of his birth on Decemeber 6th sparked the curiosity of others and Sinter Klaas, as they called him (short for Saint Nicholas), became "Santa Claus". Over time the celebration of Saint Nicholas became intertwined with Christmas and by the AD 19th century he was fully integrated. As early as 1820 the traditional Christmas shopping for gifts began and Santa Claus was used as an advertising gimmick to get children into their stores. Santa was never the same again.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

See there... I told ya he was real....

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I still believe in Santa.
And then there was Krampus!!!

Jimy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8192
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sexual entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Free
My magical/paranormal name...: parajimy maybe
Zodiac:

I've read, that the mentioned Saint has no real connection to Santa Claus. Actually, St Nicholas is even doubted if he ever existed, because there is almost no proof of that, such the catholic church put him on a list of saints to be removed as saints.

It were a nordic god that has similarities with santa (flying through sky, old man with white beard, chimney, fire element, red color etc) and were this comes from. Germany played a major role while they were involved with the norse mythology, that some things were adopted and later taken into christianity. In all these nordic and german traditions, but also some of other countries, it's that krampus, which has many other names like knecht rupprecht (can't remember others, but there are tens) who were bringing the gifts or punishing the kids. This figure is the one, that is believed to became Santa Claus later by many researchers, not St. Nicholas, unlike to what most know or believe in general. St Nicholas had no common things with Santa Claus, neither coming through chimneys, not wearing read etc., it's not even on the same date. Instead that other figure called by several names was the one accompanying St. Nicholas in traditions (even today in germany it's celebrated like this when people go around houses in costumes during that day) has many common things with Santa.

There are people who have written very long researches about this topic, even books.

A male chatting with his succubus:
- You know, you are ridiculously attractive for a devil woman.
- I know, but thanks for saying so. Devil women have feelings too!
- Are you ... going to kill me?...
- Yes... but you'll enjoy it!
- ... ok!
WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eldrazi
My magical/paranormal name...: Kuya Pilo

Saint Nicholas is also the patron saint of prostitutes.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

The Dutch also brought Sinterklas, and Black Pete, to Indonesia when they colonized the area:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eldrazi
My magical/paranormal name...: Kuya Pilo

Also, Coca-Cola was mostly involved of making the Santa Claus form in the Red Suit on the year 1920.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I wonder what his next evolution will become. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Thank you, Magnolia, for the information.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Re: Sinter Klaas, Santa Claus, Kris Kringle, Old Saint Nick

Postby Jimy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:40 pm
I've read, that the mentioned Saint has no real connection to Santa Claus. Actually, St Nicholas is even doubted if he ever existed, because there is almost no proof of that, such the catholic church put him on a list of saints to be removed as saints.

It were a nordic god that has similarities with santa (flying through sky, old man with white beard, chimney, fire element, red color etc) and were this comes from. Germany played a major role while they were involved with the norse mythology, that some things were adopted and later taken into christianity. In all these nordic and german traditions, but also some of other countries, it's that krampus, which has many other names like knecht rupprecht (can't remember others, but there are tens) who were bringing the gifts or punishing the kids. This figure is the one, that is believed to became Santa Claus later by many researchers, not St. Nicholas, unlike to what most know or believe in general. St Nicholas had no common things with Santa Claus, neither coming through chimneys, not wearing read etc., it's not even on the same date. Instead that other figure called by several names was the one accompanying St. Nicholas in traditions (even today in germany it's celebrated like this when people go around houses in costumes during that day) has many common things with Santa.

There are people who have written very long researches about this topic, even books.
That's great information :) Obviously no one can say with absolution where Santa Claus first originated from. Each country, and even some regions within countries, have their own version of Santa Claus and what he is capable of doing. Depending on the country Santa comes down the chimney, through the window, through the front door, he doesn't come in your home at all... there's so many variations not even on his name, but on his description, size, capabilities, etc that you really have to try and trace back to the first writings or recognition of "Santa" as a celebrated entity and draw your best conclusions.

There are quite a few people in history they can't prove existed, and anyone can make an argument they didn't exist based on lack of evidence, but it also doesn't mean they didn't live and their good deeds (or bad deeds) didn't become bloated for the sake of legend and pseudo-immortality.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I would be remiss as an Italian-American if I didn't add the story of La Befana here. She is the good witch celebrated throughout Italy, who travels through Italy and gives presents to children on the eve of the Epiphany (which was known as "Little Christmas" in some traditions, and was celebrated on January 6, the proverbial 12th Day of Christmas). See her story here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Befana

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Magnolia”