typo on lynx page?

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I was going through the CH Encyclopedia today to make notes on what my spirits might like, and I noticed on the lynx page it lists a plant called "murdock."
Is this a typo for burdock? The only murdock I could find was a weed called murdock's thistle. Or of course the guy from the A-Team, lol.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I've seen this page and I'm very curious. It doesn't mention what the beings ARE (beyond "guardians of secrets"), where they've appeared in folklore, or how they manifest. Surely it doesn't mean the animal spirit Lynx?

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I recently got a Lynx (and yes, it is Burdock, not Murdock, my Lynx approved). It's kind of an animal spirit, but with magical abilities like a totem. From what I learned from her so far the Lynx bound by CH are like spirit animal guides and act like familiars to support magical pratice. Her presence helps me to "see" my other spirit companions a little better day by day (I usually just sense the energy of spirits and rarely see them) and acknowledge little things about them. She's not non social like some other DA spirits, but she's mostly staying in the shadows just observating what's going on. It seems she fell in love with my youngest son a little bit, because he has a lynx cub plush toy and likes to stay by his side when he's asleep.
She is HUGE. I know real lynx from the zoo I've lived nearby when I was a child and my Lynx is at least double the size of an average lynx. One of her paws is almost as big as our 7yo cat.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

Oh! I have a lynx animal guide and I've had a lot of questions about them and whether it's ever appropriate to task them. I mean it's the representative of a whole species.

Mine has Big Furry energy and when meditating usually I see/imagine her/him doing cat things. Watching, sleeping even play-biting my hand. I even got the sensation of something big and furry lying next to me. sometimes the stone feels like a tiny cat lying curled up in my palm.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

*that is, I believe totems are representatives of whole species and some animal guides may be as well. It feels weird to think that they could be helping a lynx but they're here with me, doing...what? I am not the endangered one here.

Also- cat. It feels wrong to call a cat to me. 8))

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

For me it's more aksing than tasking. I ask if she'd be okay to do this or that and then I'll get a gut feeling of approval or refusal. I have no idea what all her abilities are, so that's the best way to interact so far.
Her interactions with our cats are quite funny. Their confusion of sensing another big cat, but not smelling or seeing it is quite hilarious to witness. Although our 7yo Mia is quite okay with her. But our old grumpy lady cat Maggie was completely confused when the Lynx arrived here. Mia was lying to my left and the Lynx to my right on the sofa. Maggie approached the Lynx from behind, checking if there would be space for her, but she was obviously completely confused. She looked at the Lynx, sniffed, meowed at me, sniffed again looking at the Lynx, meowed, sniffed, meowed, sniffed, jumped off the sofa and left the room. :p)
When I try to get her thoughts on our cats, she reacts to Mia with "little sister" and to Maggie with "strange old lady cat". x*D
I also had a Fire Fairy bound to me with the same order and sensing those two together is beyond any description. So much respect for each other, so much awe. I don't think they have been friends before, but they definitely are now.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

Funny! My animals don't seem to be reacting at all, though I have asked for help with catching a cat that needed ear mite medicine. She was...maybe a little easier to catch.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

Are these really the same as spirit animals? Their lifespans are listed as 99-101 years. And they don't like pearls? Maybe representative spirit animals have a death date?

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I have a fantastic Lynx now as well. She is exactly as I wished it would be and even beyond. She is on the lighter side and over 800 years old.

I saw her before the shop notification email came through. She is a big cat. Funny thing is my neighbour's cat started to come to my yard and to my front door at night and miaow. 😂 I really do not know if my husband going to appreciate it. But it's certainly amusing to me.

I absolutely love my big cat. She is done on C5t2. And resting on my Neutral master vessel. 😊 I am so greatful and I asked fire hey and Magnolia did such amazing pairing for us. I could not be happier.

We don't have other normal thread so I continued on this.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Chavah wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:38 am I have a fantastic Lynx now as well. She is exactly as I wished it would be and even beyond. She is on the lighter side and over 800 years old.

I saw her before the shop notification email came through. She is a big cat. Funny thing is my neighbour's cat started to come to my yard and to my front door at night and miaow. 😂 I really do not know if my husband going to appreciate it. But it's certainly amusing to me.

I absolutely love my big cat. She is done on C5t2. And resting on my Neutral master vessel. 😊 I am so greatful that I have asked for her and Magnolia did such amazing pairing for us. I could not be happier.

We don't have other normal thread so I continued on this.
I am sorry about typos. Just corrected it.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”