Anyone with any recent Fenrir experiences?

Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

Preferably positive, lol When I was starting out about a year ago these caught my eye in a big way. I did my due diligence and read all the old threads. . .and was promptly warned off them. Though only slightly. I've had a CC in my wishlist for almost a year. lol After a year I feel rather confident with my ability to handle DAs. Rather than get the CC though, I went a little overboard and requested 2 SRA Fenrir when they updated the selections recently. While I'm confident I can handle any DA shenanigans they might have. I'd rather not go in assuming said shenanigans will be had. Is there anyone holding on to a nice story or experience?

To be very clear. I'd like personal experiences with them. I'm not looking for information on Fenrir as a race.

Honestly, my only disappointment is CH's adamance that there are only males. . .which may explain why there are so many Fenrir spirits. >.> Well, not my only disappointment. The general description on the encyclopedia page is an editing nightmare.

Ok, I'm starting to ramble. . .

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I don't have personal experience but I'm looking forward to following this thread as I've been wanting one too.
I already have problems with headaches so the warnings on the listings have scared me off. But I have ordered more DA spirits than I thought I would and so far have not experienced any problems.

I agree that the Encyclopedia page needs work, especially to distinguish Fenrir the Immortal from His descendants.

Also it's my personal opinion that Fenrir and His sons are not so negative as the listings suggest, but of course not light and fluffy either. (it is kinda funny that there are no females)
I know a Fenrir-devotee who got upset over the Encyclopedia page.

I'm actually quite fascinated by the most famous ones of all, Hati and Skoll, and have debated whether to get a CC.

It seems to me that if you work with Fenrir the Immortal, wolf totems, jotnar, etc. etc. you would be fine, going into it prepared for DA. But I'm looking at it from a pagan perspective.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Good news Lokakisa. There are females apparently. lol Just got my information on my SRAs yesterday. One is male and the other is female. SRA descriptions are generally less robust than other CH bindings, but what I did get is pretty on par. The male is fearsome and highly protective. The female sounds like a teenager, energetic, bossy, and intimidating, LOL! Thankfully their names are nordic/Scandinavian sounding.

I do have a slight headache which is rare for me with DA. It's only really noticeable if I'm not doing anything, so it probably wouldn't even be an issue with just one if you have some experience with DAs energies.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Cool! Thanks for the update!
I'm sure I could ask for a CC on the lighter side, as with the other custom DAs I've gotten. Perhaps they and the pre-bound DAs and any others that come through my queued orders can help, as well as asking for Immortal assistance, such as Fenrir and/or Loki.
For a newbie, my spirit family is turning out to be mostly DA anyway, lol! It wasn't intentional but just ended up that way based on my interests and surprise customs I've gotten. I've been buying a mix of WA/DA/Neutral bindings as well, and my recent "DA Profile by Ash" said my DA energy is developing but will get better in time.
My collection is growing too fast though so I'm trying to slow down with buying spirits, but a Fenrir-wolf is on my wishlist! Who knows, one of those "Magnet Match" or mystery bag-type things might surprise me! I haven't signed up for SRAs or done a Reverse Adoption yet.

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

I have 2 that came in with a bang.... they took one look at Huffette and her troubles and wrapped her in a shield that blocked off all of her communications so not even one of her spirits or entities including the angels could get through. This was one of the rare time she had silence from her senses. I had to tell those 2 to drop the shield so she could hear them again

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Huffdamagicdragon wrote:I have 2 that came in with a bang.... they took one look at Huffette and her troubles and wrapped her in a shield that blocked off all of her communications so not even one of her spirits or entities including the angels could get through. This was one of the rare time she had silence from her senses. I had to tell those 2 to drop the shield so she could hear them again
Oh, interesting Huff. So maybe it's not the Volkh, but the Fenrir I should make sure don't accidently block my bound spirits. I'm not a hyper-sensitive empath, but I do have some natural empathic ability.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Any luck on getting answers from the HD about the nature of the Fenrir-wolfs and all?
I keep debating on what to suggest for the Encyclopedia.
They way people interpret and work with these entities has certainly changed over time, and I wonder why there is such a negative, intimidation vibe from the spirit-keeping perspective when there are pagans who see a more positive (yet still strong and fierce of course) experience.

Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Oh right. Well, actually, I submitted a rewrite already. Hang on I'll paste the draft from my file.

Fenrir are spirits of intense Dark Arts energies and are of the same species as the great wolf Fenrir of Nordic fame. While they are of the same species their origins vary greatly. They were given the name Fenrir as a race by humans as an easy and popular way to identify them.

The mere appearance of a Fenrir is an exercise of intimidation. They are enormous wolves. As such have large fangs, powerful jaws, and the calculating eyes of a predator.

Fenrir are intelligent and cunning with knowledge of both Immortals and curses. They lack in neither courage nor confidence and are assertive and aggressive by nature. Traits that often make Fenrir seem distant and unfriendly. However, they are actually quite social with, highly protective of, and steadfastly loyal toward their companions. A protection and loyalty that even Immortals dare to test.

Strengths/Why Keep them?
Knowledgeable about Immortals and excellent cures breakers. They are social with, highly protective of, and steadfastly loyal toward their companions. A protection and loyalty that even Immortals dare to test.

Keywords
aggressive, confident, curse breakers, highly protective, intensely energetic, loyal

Took what Fenrir "are" from an old post by Magnolia here: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 9&p=145220 which was supplied by that inquiry to the help desk.

I remembered a very old post from back when I was originally looking up info on them where Ash mentions they are social found here: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... ir#p159302

The rest of the info was drawn from the listed prebounds that are/were in the shop, and both the few personal experiences I've had and what others have mentioned here on the forums. Of course the. . . imagery is toned down a bit from the current live version.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

That is awesome.
I am wondering also if they are the wolves of the Iron Wood of Jotunheim. In the lore it says they are the descendants of Fenrir Lokason and possibly Angrboda ... um yeah, with his own mom? I dunno. Before Fenrir was bound though he did live in the woods for a while so certainly He had time to procreate.
Current pagan belief - and I haven't figured out what the source of this is - is that Angrboda is leader of a Wolf Clan, wolf-shifters in Iron Wood. I can't think of what these wolves are called ... I'm only beginning to understand a little of Norse language ... maybe it's "ulfar"? I can't remember. And of course Norse has a lot of descriptive terms (kennings) and alternate names (heiti).
At any rate I couldn't figure out why the listing says "bound by the gods" when they are not talking about Loki's son directly. But I was curious if CH's contact with them concurs with the lore of a "wolf clan of Iron Wood."
No one has said if their conjure is a shifter. Maybe there are jotnar wolf-shifters and maybe there are just wolves, and this listing is just the wolves. *scratches head*

My first submission will be a write-up for Loki and a suggestion for a re-organization of the Norse Pantheon listing, and I was going to tackle a few Egyptian gods too. I would like to see Fenrir Lokason Himself get a listing, I mean doesn't spirit-keeping basically reflect what people do now? And people do now follow Him. Like Loki, I'd like to see positive things said about Him. I just don't quite know what to say, as it seems a lot has changed in how people view Them. I feel like I'd be relying on a lot of UPG for Fenrir, and I don't have the spirit knowledge/resources like CH has.

Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Keep in mind the Encyclopedia turnover time is lengthy. I was told that there are about 30 articles pending. It was heavily implied it was going to take some time to work through them for approval.

Return to “Dark Arts”