Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

So, I'm probably going to be bringing two of these home soon(possible unbounds I'm having bound). Does anyone know anything specific about them?

I mean, from a google search I can piece together some basic info.

Generally:

They were humans (usually females) that had sudden and often times very tragic, emotional, and likely violent deaths. Which leads to a couple outcomes.

1. A very malevolent wraith-like spirit with a hefty thirst for vengeance. So powerful that nothing short of a deity's intervention can stop them. (Think the girls from The Ring, and The Grudge)

2. A very benevolent spirits that can range from caretakers to spirit lovers.

Knowing my history with CCs. . .the two I'm getting bound will probably be a healthy mix of both. I tend to pull very strong willed, dark, and/or affectionate spirits when all I specify is a female of a certain type. lol Well, that and all my interactions with them so far makes me think they don't understand personal space. Always right up in my business when I'm waking up. However, it's never seemed in the least bit harmful or threatening.

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Hooo:0 Where did you ask for the yurei? Are they custom conjured or preconjured?

Basically in Japan, yurei is ghost, restless spirit of dead human. They're not always female, male can be yurei as well. Gaki can be considered as a type of yurei, although some classified differently based on religion (Shinto for yurei vs Buddhism for gaki etc).
The malevolent ones are onryo (on: grudge, ryo: spirit, same letter for rei), and sometimes goryo (go: honorable, ryo: spirit). Onryo's common death is from what you mentioned, the violent death, while goryo is because they were martyred and some even are considered as guardian spirit or deified.The famous Japanese ghost story titled Yotsuya Kwaidan tells the story of a female onryo named Oiwa. I guess Tenjin can be considered as goryo before becoming a kami, but I could be wrong:I

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

lol, yep. I knew the different types of yurei (I simplified them into them into malevolent and benevolent so as not to overwhelm people with terms).

Actually, since about mid-June, I've had 2 seemingly Asian spirits hanging about. I didn't know they were yurei, but over the course of the last few months, I'd managed to piece together a description from catching glimpses of them in dreams and visions. Asian, long black hair, pale/dead like skin. I started poking around <<Removed by Mod>> shop. Knowing they have a certain knack for undead spirits(Zombies and the like) I asked if they might be able to help identify and possibly bind them. They suggested they might be yurei. My brain not so quick on the uptake took a second, but finally went "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, that makes sense." I'm a big fan of Japanese culture and knew what yurei were, so I'm not sure why I didn't make the connection myself. It's amazing what an outside perspective can do. lol I went ahead and asked them to do the binding.

I mean I'm not sure how I ran into them. Seeing as I don't live anywhere near Japan. Spirits aren't as region locked as it was once believed, so I guess it happens.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Ah okay:)
Mm it might be someone from past life or ancestor, or they were following someone from Japan but more attracted to you, or just felt called by you, there are so many possibilities. My sister was followed by a kitsune and a bakeneko when she visited here, but then the bakeneko followed another person she met back home.
Anyway, it's just that the word yurei here is so broad in meaning, that even ghosts from other countries are called yurei. So maybe they can be treated just as other human spirits, while minding their Japanese heritage like tradition, etiquette, etc. Unless they have specific classification as well, like greedy ghost/gaki, vengeful spirit/onryo, and others:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Indeed, it's a really broad group of spirits. My current leading theory is they are somehow related to my Kitsune or my Reaper. As those are the only 2 of my spirit family I can think of with the connections or abilities to work with or.know them.

Minimoon
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: ?
If I could be anything, I would be...: live aslong as i wan
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Katara
Zodiac:

Last edited by Minimoon on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minimoon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Minimoon wrote:i had a dream last night where a girl who looked like the grudge or like enchantress from suicide squad but more ethnic? (she was wearing ancient Egyptian type attire or maybe not Egyptian but ancient attire)
she was showing me flashes after flashes of violent and gruesome ancient wartimes with plenty of death with the scenes giving off that there was major evil about during those times ,she proceeded to tell me "you know the jesus you know is a lie, you know his true story! you know the true jesus is from Egypt! and proceeded to show me violent and gruesome scenes of fighting/torture/war and death. at the end she showed me people building/chiseling a maze underground for reasons unknown.
the dream utterly haunted me the whole day, i don't know if she was showing me perhaps memories of a past life of mine that i blocked out, or if she wanted me to see HER memories through first person perspective. im not really religious, nor did i know that (after looking it up) that the story of jesus could be a retelling of the Egyptian Horus. im not sure why she found it so important to relay that message to me as im not really religious or practicing??
either way, would she perhaps fit the description of a yurei? or something else similar?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Minimoon wrote:i had a dream last night where a girl who looked like the grudge or like enchantress from suicide squad but more ethnic? (she was wearing ancient Egyptian type attire or maybe not Egyptian but ancient attire)
either way, would she perhaps fit the description of a yurei? or something else similar?
It might also be an Egyptian spirit, perhaps djinn, vampire, etc. There's even Book of the Dead Vampire : )
Minimoon wrote:she proceeded to tell me "you know the jesus you know is a lie, you know his true story! you know the true jesus is from Egypt! and proceeded to show me violent and gruesome scenes of fighting/torture/war and death. at the end she showed me people building/chiseling a maze underground for reasons unknown.
I'd be careful with this kind of revelation. It might have hidden meaning, or it might be a trick as usually done by trickster to confused us.
For example, if you have negative feeling about Christianity, tricksters can use this kind of info to further provoke you to hate that religion.
But if it has hidden meaning, it might at least direct you to learn more about Egypt and its culture, history, pantheon, etc.
: )

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Minimoon wrote:at the end she showed me people building/chiseling a maze underground for reasons unknown.
Because at some time the christians were prosecuted in the roman controlled parts of egypt and they went underground to do their business in secret.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Minimoon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
Minimoon wrote:at the end she showed me people building/chiseling a maze underground for reasons unknown.
Because at some time the christians were prosecuted in the roman controlled parts of egypt and they went underground to do their business in secret.
this is extremely interesting 1am

Return to “Dark Arts”