The WereWolf Gods

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I would consider Fenrir a god. There are people devoted to Him nowadays, not sure about what it was like in ancient times though. He can appear as man or wolf.
I've heard people say that there is a wolf clan in Ironwood (which is in Jotunheim I think), home of Fenrir's mother Angrboda. I've heard Her referred to as a wolf-witch. This is all heavily UPG-based and I don't know much about it. But Fenrir did have wolf-descendants.
Oh and there are also the wulvers, not gods but non-agressive wolfpeople. That's more Scottish belief though but I want to think that alfar (elves or wights) were thought to take wolf-shape in Norse lore also.
Back in the day many entities would be honored and worshipped so the term "god" applies loosely to just about everything.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Krowe
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 10
If I could be anything, I would be...: shifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Krowe
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:I would consider Fenrir a god. There are people devoted to Him nowadays, not sure about what it was like in ancient times though. He can appear as man or wolf.
I've heard people say that there is a wolf clan in Ironwood (which is in Jotunheim I think), home of Fenrir's mother Angrboda. I've heard Her referred to as a wolf-witch. This is all heavily UPG-based and I don't know much about it. But Fenrir did have wolf-descendants.
Oh and there are also the wulvers, not gods but non-agressive wolfpeople. That's more Scottish belief though but I want to think that alfar (elves or wights) were thought to take wolf-shape in Norse lore also.
Back in the day many entities would be honored and worshipped so the term "god" applies loosely to just about everything.
huh i didnt know that he had descendants, and Angrboda seems interesting too. lol im loving this thread.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Hati (who chases the Moon) and Skoll (who chases the Sun) are considered to be His sons.
I'm assuming that the "Fenrir" bindings sold in the CH store are His descendants also.

Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:Hati (who chases the Moon) and Skoll (who chases the Sun) are considered to be His sons.
I'm assuming that the "Fenrir" bindings sold in the CH store are His descendants also.
I've got a ticket in to finally answer this question. lol Hopefully we'll have an answer sometime tomorrow. (I submitted it Friday)

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Awesome! That is one of the listings I'd really like to get my hands on for a re-write. There just isn't that much info though, without getting into a bunch of UPG (which I suppose makes up a lot of the spirit info, but often you find lore to back it up).

Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:Awesome! That is one of the listings I'd really like to get my hands on for a re-write. There just isn't that much info though, without getting into a bunch of UPG (which I suppose makes up a lot of the spirit info, but often you find lore to back it up).
Why do you think I requested the info? lol The Fenrir entry was the first encyclopedia entry I thought of for a re-write as well. But it's sort of essential to know CH's view on them to do it.

Anywho, this is getting off topic. If you'd like to continue this line of conversation, make a post in my Fenrir thread.

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”