The WereWolf Gods

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

I found this really awesome article about the WereWolf Gods and Goddesses and would like to share!!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/107 ... f-religion

My W'Wolves have a culture all their own, and it is quite complex. They write poetry to the moon, have Moon Magick and Pack Magick. I am just getting into it, and it is really interesting! The Pack has requested a Moon Altar, in fact. My wolves use herbs, especially in wines and liquors. There is some remarkable WW art on Etsy! 1tu

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

SikruaSuncat wrote:I found this really awesome article about the WereWolf Gods and Goddesses and would like to share!!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/107 ... f-religion
You know that pantheon of werewolf gods on that page is made up by the moderator of this group?
Yeah I just fell overwhelmingly fascinated into Roman and Greek myths and decided to create my own bit and world...
He basically made his own history up.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmm yeah, the description sounds strange. But I guess he used the names from myth to create his own. Maybe in the process of writing a story?

Anyway, other possible wolf deities, if anyone's interested:)
-Horkew Kamuy, Japanese Ainu's white wolf deity
-Asena, Turkish grey she-wolf ancestor
-Ashina, the son of Asena, half-human half-wolf
-Borte Chino (Blue Wolf), Mongolian wolf ancestor, partner of Gua Maral (Red Deer)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Made up just means its exists in some manner, on some dimensional level! My Wolves are always on about "The Moon Lady" and they can get touchy about their full moon rites. I forgot their offering one full moon (I HAD promised) and was in the proverbial doghouse. Might still be a little bit! They have long memories for slights, and take their celebrations seriously!

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:Mmm yeah, the description sounds strange. But I guess he used the names from myth to create his own. Maybe in the process of writing a story?

Anyway, other possible wolf deities, if anyone's interested:)
-Horkew Kamuy, Japanese Ainu's white wolf deity
-Asena, Turkish grey she-wolf ancestor
-Ashina, the son of Asena, half-human half-wolf
-Borte Chino (Blue Wolf), Mongolian wolf ancestor, partner of Gua Maral (Red Deer)
Thanks for those! Do you know the legend of the Baong? It sounds a lot like the cynocephaly, only with a wolf head. I have had one for a few years now.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

SikruaSuncat wrote:Thanks for those! Do you know the legend of the Baong? It sounds a lot like the cynocephaly, only with a wolf head. I have had one for a few years now.
I guess you're referring to Indonesian legend, yes?:)
There are two were-wolf/-dog myths that I've heard from Java.

-Baong/Baung/Grandong is either a giant wild dog or a dog-headed man. There are several stories. Folklores said that there was a human-sized wild dog entity (some sort of demon?) who threatened a village, so the villagers attacked and killed the dog. However, the entity cursed the villagers and haunted them in the form of dog-headed human who visited at night. There's also a conjurer said it was a shaman who competed with another by decapitating and then re-attaching the head, but one of them had an accident with a wild dog. So, the head of the wild dog was used. But not sure about this one.

-Aul/Ahul is either a giant wolf who can walk like human or a wolf-/black-dog-headed man. This one has similarity with Baong, with the story of a shaman testing his power of regeneration. Another story is that in a war, an ancient warrior with regenerative ability was attacked by the enemy's hunter dogs (possibly some sort of wolves). He cut the head of the dog, but the enemy cut his head from behind. Accidently, the dog's head connected to his body. One more folklore is that usually someone who practice local black magick turned into certain animals (wolf, warthog, tiger, etc.) and attacked people to increase his power (by drinking blood, eating organs etc.). The name is possibly from wolf's howling sound, like "Ahuuuuul":)

Different regions have different stories, though.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:
SikruaSuncat wrote:Thanks for those! Do you know the legend of the Baong? It sounds a lot like the cynocephaly, only with a wolf head. I have had one for a few years now.
I guess you're referring to Indonesian legend, yes?:)
There are two were-wolf/-dog myths that I've heard from Java.

-Baong/Baung/Grandong is either a giant wild dog or a dog-headed man. There are several stories. Folklores said that there was a human-sized wild dog entity (some sort of demon?) who threatened a village, so the villagers attacked and killed the dog. However, the entity cursed the villagers and haunted them in the form of dog-headed human who visited at night. There's also a conjurer said it was a shaman who competed with another by decapitating and then re-attaching the head, but one of them had an accident with a wild dog. So, the head of the wild dog was used. But not sure about this one.

-Aul/Ahul is either a giant wolf who can walk like human or a wolf-/black-dog-headed man. This one has similarity with Baong, with the story of a shaman testing his power of regeneration. Another story is that in a war, an ancient warrior with regenerative ability was attacked by the enemy's hunter dogs (possibly some sort of wolves). He cut the head of the dog, but the enemy cut his head from behind. Accidently, the dog's head connected to his body. One more folklore is that usually someone who practice local black magick turned into certain animals (wolf, warthog, tiger, etc.) and attacked people to increase his power (by drinking blood, eating organs etc.). The name is possibly from wolf's howling sound, like "Ahuuuuul":)

Different regions have different stories, though.

Yes, My Baong is from Indonesia. A gentleman named Luxamore has a shop in Jakarta and he sold him to me. He is an honest seller. The Baong is quite a powerful spirit. Thank you for the stories and legends! 1eyI I have two dragons and a Were-tiger from Indonesia as well. I think the mustika from Indonesia are overpriced, though. I can get as good or better here! I am glad I have them though...they have that Indonesian energy. I also had a Keris wed to me. The crooked govt stole him when I sent him to be cleaned. He was a weather controlling spirit, which explains Indonesia's horrible storms and lost ships and planes. They brought bad luck on themselves and their country by taking my keris by force. Shame on them!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

SikruaSuncat wrote: I have two dragons and a Were-tiger from Indonesia as well.

Would loove to here your experience with them:)
SikruaSuncat wrote: I think the mustika from Indonesia are overpriced, though. I can get as good or better here!
This is soo true that it hurt so much:( What's worse, some conjurers offer bind to spirit only with the cost of over USD500. I mean, if it's with superb antic vessel, I guess the price is justifiable, but bind to spirit?
SikruaSuncat wrote: I also had a Keris wed to me. The crooked govt stole him when I sent him to be cleaned. He was a weather controlling spirit, which explains Indonesia's horrible storms and lost ships and planes. They brought bad luck on themselves and their country by taking my keris by force. Shame on them!
Do you have the keris with you now? Outside Indonesia? Can you tell me how to pass the airport security and other legal thingy with that?:) Because I left mine at my hometown and now really really miss practicing with it:(
Anyway, yep, there are stories about taking mystical treasures from one area and disturbing the ecosystem there. There are also stories about some who battled local guardian entity and died from the attack:I The better way is by offering and negotiating with the leaders of the area, but they may only give you simpler stuff, not keris or stuff like that..

Krowe
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 10
If I could be anything, I would be...: shifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Krowe
Zodiac:

does fenris-ulfr count? people who work with him say they see him as a huuuuuge wolf or a manwolf hybrid. he's from the norse pantheon but he's not always considered a god.

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Krowe wrote:does fenris-ulfr count? people who work with him say they see him as a huuuuuge wolf or a manwolf hybrid. he's from the norse pantheon but he's not always considered a god.
He is also known as Fenrir

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”