active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 63
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I find these spirits very intriguing, especially thinking about the other species mummies too, as they are mentioned in the listing, like mummies of giants and elves.

Imagine when wandering in underground tunnels, you accidentally break into a sealed section, finding there a giant reclining figure that you first think is a statue, but then notice that there is something very organic about the build of it, and it is wearing real armour... And then imagine this puppy following you home! I think they could also look like how they were when alive and not look like the mummified remains. Most likely they'd go back and forth between these forms depending on moods. It is just about what happened to their bodies after they died, to help them on their journey on the other side.

LightMaiden
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 44
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal

Prinsiippi wrote:I find these spirits very intriguing, especially thinking about the other species mummies too, as they are mentioned in the listing, like mummies of giants and elves.

Imagine when wandering in underground tunnels, you accidentally break into a sealed section, finding there a giant reclining figure that you first think is a statue, but then notice that there is something very organic about the build of it, and it is wearing real armour... And then imagine this puppy following you home! I think they could also look like how they were when alive and not look like the mummified remains. Most likely they'd go back and forth between these forms depending on moods. It is just about what happened to their bodies after they died, to help them on their journey on the other side.
Its the idea of them looking like mummified remains. That spooks me. 2sc lol

Jafora
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Blue Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Jafora Fenicai

LightMaiden wrote:
Prinsiippi wrote:I find these spirits very intriguing, especially thinking about the other species mummies too, as they are mentioned in the listing, like mummies of giants and elves.

Its the idea of them looking like mummified remains. That spooks me. 2sc lol
When I think of them I get a dead body smell and I can't shake it off! Not a fresh dead body, a smell that is very very old and weird and yeah...no thanks lol.

CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1500
Spelled Number: 2000

Jafora wrote:
When I think of them I get a dead body smell and I can't shake it off! Not a fresh dead body, a smell that is very very old and weird and yeah...no thanks lol.
I clean skeletons (removing decaying flesh and so on).. so that doesn't bother me at all.. the old dried dead body scent is a much better scent than a macerating gooey body 1s

Some people are like slinkies. They serve no useful purpose what so ever; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

I do not feed Trolls. I never seem to have a spare goat on hand when I cross a bridge; and I never like to waste a good goat on an annoying Troll. Ignoring them is such a wonderful option.

We tend to take life and the Internet too seriously. Don't allow others to tear you down or ruin your day. You live for YOU... NOT for them.
Jafora
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Blue Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Jafora Fenicai

Yinepu wrote:
Jafora wrote:
I clean skeletons (removing decaying flesh and so on).. so that doesn't bother me at all.. the old dried dead body scent is a much better scent than a macerating gooey body 1s
Oh man, officially wigged out by the mental images LOL.

CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte

Jafora wrote:
Lol, rotting flesh in maceration pots.. maggots .. dermestid beetles...
Removing skin, muscles, and organs from freshly dead bodies (you get up close with anatomy really quickly).. lots of fun images here!

Then once the bones and skulls are cleaned, articulating the skeletons. I have several boxes of bones that I need to put back together now, just need to get more wire.

Needless to say my home is a bit unusual.. so a mummy would fit right in

Some people are like slinkies. They serve no useful purpose what so ever; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

I do not feed Trolls. I never seem to have a spare goat on hand when I cross a bridge; and I never like to waste a good goat on an annoying Troll. Ignoring them is such a wonderful option.

We tend to take life and the Internet too seriously. Don't allow others to tear you down or ruin your day. You live for YOU... NOT for them.
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote:
Yinepu wrote:
Jafora wrote:
Lol, rotting flesh in maceration pots.. maggots .. dermestid beetles...
Removing skin, muscles, and organs from freshly dead bodies (you get up close with anatomy really quickly).. lots of fun images here!

Then once the bones and skulls are cleaned, articulating the skeletons. I have several boxes of bones that I need to put back together now, just need to get more wire.

Needless to say my home is a bit unusual.. so a mummy would fit right in
I feel strangely... envious of your job. XD That sounds ridiculously cool! Disgusting, but amazing at the same time.
Ditto. Cool job. I deal with older furs....my jackal skin looks pretty crappy. Badly Tanned with a smaller version of the 'zombie smell' Heh! Good thing I only use the fur.

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I am married to an embalmer/mortician, from what I know and have seen I can tell you mummies are dealt with far more naturally.. with true honor to death.. therefore are far more beautiful presences than a corpse stuck with embalming fluid..

The mummification process is not one to be ooked about.. it was a sacred, careful, highly spiritual and ritualistic honor to that being. If you're creeped about mummies for what they are then you are severed from comprehending what it means to be what they are.. what they are is why and how they have the power they do.

CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte

Noctifera wrote:I am married to an embalmer/mortician, from what I know and have seen I can tell you mummies are dealt with far more naturally.. with true honor to death.. therefore are far more beautiful presences than a corpse stuck with embalming fluid..

The mummification process is not one to be ooked about.. it was a sacred, careful, highly spiritual and ritualistic honor to that being. If you're creeped about mummies for what they are then you are severed from comprehending what it means to be what they are.. what they are is why and how they have the power they do.
I love mummies..always have
I feel there is a certain beauty in the whole mummification process.

But then again I also love skeletons and can see the beauty in them as well.. though the process of maceration isn't very pleasant smelling.. there is beauty in how decomposition takes place.
Being an artist I tend to find beauty in strange places.. places which are normally overlooked by the average person.. a bit weird, I know.. but that's just how I am

When I remove muscles and organs from a dead body, I notice how they are attached, what makes movement possible.. how they should have functioned in life. Knowing these things also helps to know how a body in life should look and move.
Even with maggots or beetles used for flesh removal.. there is a certain beauty in how they can strip a corpse down to the bone.

CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte

SikruaSuncat wrote:
Ditto. Cool job. I deal with older furs....my jackal skin looks pretty crappy. Badly Tanned with a smaller version of the 'zombie smell' Heh! Good thing I only use the fur.
I also work with fur, hides and feathers.
One of my favorite skulls in my collection is from a jackal

Return to “Dark Arts”