healing tea's, cough and cold syrups ect

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
The GiGi
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

garlic syrup
garlic does "brew" into a quite marvelous syrup, the effectiveness of this natural medicinal is so powerful, that is simply had to be included here in some form. Accordingly, here's a very old "recipe" for garlic syurp

1 pound peeled and crushed garlic gloves
apple cider vinegar
pure water (bottled water)
1 cup glycerin (available at pharmacies)
1 cup honey

step one: put the peeled and crushed garlic gloves in a wide-mouth 2 quart jar, add equal parts of apple cider vinegar and pure water until the jar is 3/4 full cap the jar loosey and let e mixture stand in warm place for 4 days, shake the jar several times a day

step two: Add the glycerin, shake to blend allow the mixture to stand 1 more day in warm place, shakeing several times

step three: strain the mixture through a cheese cloth, squeezing to remove all the exhausted bits of garlic, return mixture to the jar

step four: Add honey and stir until thoroughly mixed, store the garlic syrup in a cool dry place

great-grandmothers directions
for coughs, cold, sore throats, bronchial congestion, high or low blood pressure, heart weakness or nervous disorders, take 1 tablespoon of syrup 3 times a day before meals

May the Great Spirit Keep and Watch Over You
The GiGi
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

'st john's wort oil
it is written that st john's wort oil is the cure for many skin conditions, including sores that refuse to heal, old wounds, boils, abscesses, nasty cuts, bites, stings, and on and on. This oil is an ancient time-tested remedy that's nice to have ready against future need. here's a very old "recipe" for preparing this herbal oil.

1 fresh plant of just-bloomed flowers
1 cup pure water (bottled water)
18 oz virgin olive oil

step one: crush a quantity of the fresh flowers well, measuring as you go. ( A mortar and pastle may sound old fashioned, but its the easiest way. If you don't have one of these gadgets handy use the back of a large spoon.) You'll need to end up with 3/4 cup of crushed flowers

step two: put the pure water in a medium sized bowl and stir in the crushed flowers. Add the olive oil and blend as best you can.

step three: pour the mixture into a wide-necked glass jar of sufficient size and allow the mixture to double in volume. leave the jar uncovered and put it in a warm place to ferment. stir daily (tiny gasseous bubbles will form and the mixture will increase in volume. fermentation will occur in 3 to 5 days.) when the mixture as almost doubled in size is a mass of airy bubbles, stir down one more time.

step four: cap the jar so it is airtight and let the oil rest in a dark place away for sunlight for about 6 weeks, or until the contents have turned a luminous red. Pour off the oil, which will have a risen to the top, leaving a water layer of flowers behind, discard flowers.

step five: put the oil into a bottle with an airtight lid. the oil is now ready to be used both internally and externally.

The GiGi
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Winter Tonic

It is written that this formula is useful for the treatment of coldness, negative emotional states, weakness, irregular menstruation, and menstrual cramps, it is also considered useful for those, be they male or female, who suffer from muscle cramps.
the two herbal ingredients-camp bark and squawvine are not mentioned in my book, but they are noteworthy because of their antispasmodic properties. A well stocked herb shop should be able to supply both these herbs.
It seems pretty obvious that the real warming action of this old-time winter tonic comes as much from the wine used the the brewing as it does from the herbal content. In a drafty house heated only by a log or coal fire in a fireplace, I except each tiny sip as a very welcome.

2 parts raspberry leaves
2 parts cramp bark
2 parts angelica root
2 parts squawvine
1 part chamomile
1 part ginger root
1 part lobelia
1 quart good quality red wine ( port is traditional, but you may substitute any rich red wine of your choice)

step one: assemble and blend all the herbs

step two: put the wine into an enameled saucepan. measure out 6 oz of the combined herbs and stir them in to the wine. Cover the pot and heat gently just until the wine begins to simmer. Do not permit the mixture to boil. (If you wish to eliminate the alcohol content of the tonic, uncover the pot and let the mixture bubble for 5 minutes or so. This method will allow you to retain the medicinal qualities of the herbs and all the flavor of the wine, but the alcohol will evaporate as the brew boils.)

step three: cover and let the blend stand for 24 hours, strain of the exhausted herb parts and bottle the tonic.

directions for use:
take 1 tablespoonful of this warming winter tonic 3 times daily, 20 minutes before meals

The GiGi
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

the perfect snack:
honeybee pollen candy

bee pollen granules taste tart and sweet and pungent all at once. they are as aromatic as the flowers in which they originate. In case you decide bee pollen isn't quite you're "cup of tea", Here's a recipe for bee pollen "candy". Kids especially like this "candy" and mother approve it as a healthy nutritious snack

yields at 18 piece's

1/2 cup bee pollen granules
2 tablespoons carob powder
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons raw honey
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter

step one: put the bee pollen granules in a mixing bowl, dissolve the powdered carob in the water and stir in the bee pollen

step two: add the raw honey and mix well

step three: add the peanut butter and mix thoroughly

step four: using a melon baller ( or you're hands), form little balls from the mixture and store the candy balls, which will remain soft in the refrigerator.

The GiGi
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

and if you want any information about a herb just let me know and ill see what i can find for you :)

Marilee
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Thanks for this excellent thread ghost girl. I will be watching it. 1ey

The GiGi
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

The Golden drink of the Angles

you may be familiar with Frangelica, a liqueur flavored with angelica. The Swiss have a traditional recipe for angelica liqueur, which they call Vespetro. Traditionally, it has been used as a warming and stimulating medicinal liqueur. Just a small si of vespetro is said to quickly relieve cramps, chills, digestive upset, and flatulence. Even though it tastes delicious, this is a true medicinal tincture, not an after-dinner liqueur. the recommended dose of the "golden drink of the angels" is ten drops in water, taken three times daily 30 minutes before meals, here's a modification of the old swiss recipe

2 oz angelica seeds
1/4 oz anise seeds
1/4 oz fennel seeds
1/5 oz coriander seeds (approximate)
8 oz of food-grade alcohol spirits such as vodka ( DO NOT USE RUBBING ALCOHOL)
1 pound fine sugar
2 1/2 pints pure water ( bottled water is fine)

step one: grind the seeds together. If you want to follow tradition use a mortar and pestle. If you're kitchen boasts a seed mill, that will make it much easier to do the job.

step two: have ready a glass bottle holding the food-grade alcohol spirits. Vodka is the best choice, because it has so little flavor of it own and add the well-pulverized and blended seeds to the vodka, cork and the bottle well, and give it a good shake.

step three: Allow the mixture to stand in a warm place for 8 days to steep. shake it every time you think about it. After 8 days of steeping, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth bag, twisting well to extract every drop

step four: dissolve the sugar in the water. blend in the flavored spirits. Bottle and cork tightly

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Interesting remedies

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
The GiGi
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

there all from this new book i picked up from a used book store and i figured there worth sharing with ppl

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Just make sure to give credit to the author so you don't get into trouble with the author.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”