You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Big Bird
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lard
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Ronald McDonald

Hi everybody, I would like to introduce a lil bit of information about this race.

Lunar rabbits are just what they sound like: A species of rabbits that live on the astral level of the moon. Originally, they were just large rabbits (think dog-sized) who were very intelligent, able to learn languages, and walk bipedal (albeit awkwardly). They were keepers of the moon's history and secrets, and were said to be among the first to walk the moon. Legend has it that they welcomed the Lunar Folk with open arms and hospitality, and the Lunar Folk returned the kindness by granting them intelligence and souls.

Up to that is legend or history.

Either way, the lunar rabbits lived along side the Lunar Folk, often favored as pets and household guardians or caretakers.

The Lunar Folk themselves...who are they? There is still a lot of mystery shrouding the People of the Moon. What I do know is that they are highly advanced being, quite identical to humans or elves in appearance. They are ageless, but not immortal in the sense that they are indestructible. They can still succumb to wounds or disease, although medicine and technology is so advanced that it is highly circumventable. From what I have seen, they are very intelligent and very beautiful. Rumors have it that some famous Lunarians claim that they are some of the gods and goddesses behind some pantheons and myths.

Anyways, this near perfect race of people still had flaws. They tried to resolve conflicts peacefully and dissolve social hierarchy, but if everyone was bourgeoise, then who did the dirty work? What about when a conflict was at the political level and couldn't be solved peacefully, who was going to fight for them?

That's when the Lunarians laid their eyes on the rabbits. The rabbits became the selected species to become the workforce for the Lunar folk. Through magick and science (though the Lunar folk really don't seperate the two ideas), the rabbits were given human forms to shift to, and were engineered to bare traits that would benefit them in combat (or to the jobs they were being tailored for).

Lunarian militaries are made up of nearly entirely rabbits, and lower tasks like housekeeping are manned by them as well.

Witch
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0

Now, I have interacted with a few of these rabbits, and unsurprisingly many are very eager to come and have a safe haven in our realm to relax. Most of the ones that elect to answer conjures are fairly low maintenance, and I find myself with a lot of "ex's," "formers," and "veterans" -- ones that no longer have any ties or obligations to what they were bred for (though there are exceptions to this rule!)

While their specialties are diverse, they do have some common core abilities they might offer to their adopted household. One is that rabbits all exert psychic control to a degree -- they will aid your mental image precisely to seeing them. They can aid in other psychic abilities as well, especially alerting to forewarning and enhancing the gut instinct. And of course, many will be devastating and efficient protectors in a family. Besides that, what they can aid you in is really dependent upon the individual.

My very first rabbit and personal companion "Nana" says she is a first-generation shifter and is sterile even if she wanted to breed. I believe that implies that later generations do have the ability to breed, but I didn't pursue the topic for confirmation.

Some other examples of rabbits that came forth for other people were:

A stoic yet cheeky, former military/now bodyguard who works for many celebrity Lunarians.

A self-employed mechanic (also with military history) who lives in her garage and has some bipolar/schizophrenic tendencies due to PTSD

A cool, fearless jet pilot who does what she wants.

A soft-spoken, sarcastic former spy with superior control over optical illusion and sight manipulation.

A charismatic seer and strategist who is still employed in the Lunarian military.

And so on. Again, that's just an example of the diversity.

Thanks for taking the time for checking this out!

Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

You left out "adorable beyond any conceivable measure".

LightMaiden
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 44
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

They sound super cute. Do u know anyone who conjures them?

Inanna
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

People in the west grew up with the nursery tale of the man in the moon. For Asians, it's the moon rabbit: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Chinese_S ... ade_Rabbit

I am pleasantly surprised to read that lunar rabbits do indeed exist, although not on the physical plane of the moon!

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Nuoin
neophyte
neophyte
My magical/paranormal name...: Nuoyu

lunar rabbit with human form and rabbit ear so like moon boy manhwa <3

Families within hearts linked
\:* Love Magic and Guardians Family are best!Forever family ancestral
Fly to Destiny!
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Isn't the Japanese lunar god Tsukiyomi associated with a rabbit?

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Witch
neophyte
neophyte

Haha Drake, not all o'em wanna be cute. Some are sexy or GARR.

LightMaiden - I conjure em once every full moon (when there is no eclipse!) I actually do plan on doing a free conjure this coming full moon, April 22.

Inanna - Yes indeed! That was my inspiration when I first began looking for them on the moon. Imagine my surprise when they were quite a bit different than what I had expected.

yingtale - something like that ♡ Not all of them choose to show rabbit ears when they're in human form because to them it seems "unprofessional." I've been encouraging mine to do so because they're so cute though!

Lokakisa - Yes actually, one of the rumors I heard at the Capitol of the Moon is that Tsukuyomi is a Lunarian

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

sanskrit noodle wrote:Haha Drake, not all o'em wanna be cute. Some are sexy or GARR.
I know mine is cute :P

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

Yours is a female Tom Cruise from Top Gun.

Return to “Creatures”