neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Since my girlfriend passed away I keep getting these persistent, lasts for hours, feelings of being cold. The heater is working fine, it can be in the 70's outside, I'm not running a fever, and I just feel chilled. I can be in bed for over an hour, or like a few times, in the shower and the cold feeling just won't go away. It isn't like a cold spot, as I can feel it where ever I go. Her spirit has been quite active for myself, her mother and sister since she passed, but I'm the only one feeling chilled. I did get a binding of her as I got the feeling she would like that, and we both kept spirits. Any ideas? I just updated my help desk ticket with this question as well.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I wonder if any of the spirits she was bound to before could be visiting or watching you in this way? Anyone who in life favored water or cold climates might give off this sort of effect.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Whoa:0
How long has this cold feeling been happening? Is it more than a month?
And have you bonded with the binding of her spirit? Can you see/hear/feel her?
What kind of spirits that she kept before?
Do you or your girlfriend practice some magick or do ritual etc?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
psianogen
neophyte
neophyte

2-3 weeks. I've bonded like I try to do with all my spirits. I could get impressions/feel her even before the bonding, same with her sister and mother. A dragon and a phoenix. I'm more inclined to do magick than she was, but it isn't something I do very often at all.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Ooo:0
It could be her energy following you around that makes this cold feeling happen, similar to symptom of DA energy for some people. If so, it supposes to be alright once you adjust with this energy. Or you can try to ask her to tune down the energy and see if the cold feeling dissipates:)
Have you had experience with the bindings of human spirits besides her?
And how about DA spirits?
This is in case there's similarity or difference, of the DA energy adjustment:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

In the case of a human spirit, they tend to draw ambient energy from the surroundings. One of those energy sources is heat (hence cold spots). It could be that she is still getting acclimated to the binding and not used to having a readily available power source.
On another note. My deepest condolences on your loss.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I'm so sorry for your loss :( I wish the best for you and her family while you are all making this transition <3

It's not uncommon to have temperature variances right after a loss like this; being chilled happens more than being overheated. Her spirit is connected to you in a romantic way, a loving way, that is different than the kind of bond shared with family. You feel her loss as a friend and as a lover which can physically manifest for you when her spirit is around; it is a loss that can bring chills.

As time goes on you may find the chills also bring you phantom scents of her perfume or shampoo, or audible remnants of her voice, and other personal manifestations related to the life you two shared.

I think it's wonderful that she continues to visit you and rely on you for support right now and though it can be sad when these manifestations wane in their abrupt, physical responses, it can also be beautiful to move onto the next stage of connection and interaction through the Spirit Realm.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
psianogen
neophyte
neophyte

Thank you everyone! That is pretty much what her mother, sister and I were thinking was going on. Thanks Magnolia, I think you hit it right on the head. I did wake up one night and smelled her quite strongly for a few seconds. I'm happy she is still around, would probably be more of a wreck if I didn't experience her occasionally, and it is comforting to know I can comfort her too.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

My condolences on your loss. I would have liked this approach more than the approach my mother used for me. She stood at the foot of my bed with her arms crossed and had a look of hatred on her face. When I attended the church I was attending at the time, she stood at the end of the pew and pointed to the door, telling me that she did not approve of my church decision. This was a Baptist church and she was Pentecostal Holiness.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
psianogen
neophyte
neophyte

Thank you Huffette. Ouch! I don't blame you there! It has been amazing how much of her personality hasn't changed with her passing.

Return to “Paranormal Energy”