Spirits and Animes

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Alikat13
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Monster
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Ravechaosknight wrote:
Caiyros Arlen media wrote:Anime ? Why Bother? Its an electronic version of a comic book...
C-
I, uh, I'm not sure how to respond to this. Should I address the flippant tone? The ignorance of relating an anime to a comic book? The disrespect to comic books? I really don't know. I am disappointed that someone who claims to be so educated is so dismissive of an entire section of media just because it dares to be different in its delivery.

I mean it's fine if you don't understand or even like something, but you don't have to blatantly be disrespectful of those who do.

You'll have to forgive me. My lunacy is showing. ;)
I agree that is a very rude comment because it offends those who do watch anime

Image. Image I will not self-censor, I will write my dark truth[/size]
Being Both Soft And Strong Is A Combination Very Few Have Mastered
dragynraken
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: DRAGON, ALL FOXES
If I could be anything, I would be...: HAREM GOD
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: DRAGYN RAKEN
Zodiac:

I have downloaded Wagaya no Oinari-sama and finished watch the anime. Normally I will delete any anime after finish watch but this one my Kitsune's will never allow me to delete this video.

ImageImage
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Caiyros Arlen media wrote:Anime ? Why Bother? Its an electronic version of a comic book...
C-
Yep, an electronic version of comic book, you got part of it:) Plus music, voice actor, etc. Plus the use of film theories which have been used for other movies and TV shows.

And it already evolved so much and recognized by the world, which was evidenced when Academy Award nominated Disney's Beauty & the Beast against The Silence of the Lamb, JFK, and others for Best Picture in 1992.

So, not merely "an electronic version of a comic book". Saying that is like saying Thomas Harris' Hannibal movie series and Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy movies are just the live-action version of the novels:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Jafora
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Blue Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Jafora Fenicai

I dunno if my spirits like Anime, never asked them before, but I like the artwork ^.^

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I love anime. ^_^
I welcome my spirits to enjoy anything I watch or play or listen to.
What they think of all of it, I don't know, but I haven't got the sense they dislike anything.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I like comic books, though that wasn't the topic. I'm not really interested in anime, more into cartoons (would rather watch Animaniacs, BTAS, Looney Tunes, Metalocalypse..),
but Ryuk (Death Note) was my totem animal for a while and I grew up on Sailor Moon... if that counts for anything. ;)

It's a form of art/media. Spirits vary in personality and a lot of them may be anywhere from mildly amused, fascinated, to not really caring for animations as it isn't part of their culture, it really depends on the plot and substance or energy behind the piece.

I'm a film and theatre buff so I hear/sense a lot more about what my spirits think of the movies I am watching.

WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eldrazi
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kuya Pilo

Noctifera wrote:I like comic books, though that wasn't the topic. I'm not really interested in anime, more into cartoons (would rather watch Animaniacs, BTAS, Looney Tunes, Metalocalypse..),
but Ryuk (Death Note) was my totem animal for a while and I grew up on Sailor Moon... if that counts for anything. ;)

It's a form of art/media. Spirits vary in personality and a lot of them may be anywhere from mildly amused, fascinated, to not really caring for animations as it isn't part of their culture, it really depends on the plot and substance or energy behind the piece.

I'm a film and theatre buff so I hear/sense a lot more about what my spirits think of the movies I am watching.
Yep, Sailor Moon counts. That was one of my favorite classic anime.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

You guys know "Sailor Moon" has been rebooted as "Sailor Moon Crystal" right?? ^_^

"Voltron" and "Robotech" were my first animes. Of course no one knew that's what it was at the time. And they were so butchered for American viewing.
Then it was "Sailor Moon" and "Dragonball Z." (DBZ has also been rebooted! As "Dragonball Super.")

But hell I will watch any cartoon. I love "Looney Tunes" and "Tom & Jerry." ;P

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Transformers was my first anime.
And my spirits like Anime for the most part. My sang like Vampire Hunter D, usually comments "At least they don't sparkle" when watching it.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Oh yeah! That and "Thundercats." Well a lot of old cartoons were done with Asian cooperation or something right? I really don't know what the oldest "true anime" we got here.
Ahh I love D!

Return to “Connecting”