Cheshire Cat

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I had been wondering (you know me) whether this was entirely fictional and would require a custom thing, or if they really existed.
Lo and behold, I find a pre-conjured one on Magickal Menagerie's site.
Needless to say he is coming home to me now. ;P

So I wanted to start a thread and see if anyone else has one or something like it.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Well, I work with the Cheshire Cat and have offered ritual infusions and bindings with his presence. I'm not sure about a race of them..
regardless I prefer to interact with Cheshire himself in all facets of energy, and one can reach out to his essence similarly to how they would approach any immortal.
As a chaos magician it's not unusual for me, but I realize it's still a very new concept for many and not everyone is going to be able to dive into that kind of mentality.

Wonderland is a very real place, however I would have to say that most who think they've been there haven't been there because it's a lot more difficult to work with, there are ins and outs you need to comprehend. Of course there are also various dimensions of Wonderland concocted as thought formations which are easier to work with, but they aren't the same.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Noctifera wrote:Well, I work with the Cheshire Cat and have offered ritual infusions and bindings with his presence. I'm not sure about a race of them..
regardless I prefer to interact with Cheshire himself in all facets of energy, and one can reach out to his essence similarly to how they would approach any immortal.
As a chaos magician it's not unusual for me, but I realize it's still a very new concept for many and not everyone is going to be able to dive into that kind of mentality.

Wonderland is a very real place, however I would have to say that most who think they've been there haven't been there because it's a lot more difficult to work with, there are ins and outs you need to comprehend. Of course there are also various dimensions of Wonderland concocted as thought formations which are easier to work with, but they aren't the same.
Oh yes, I have seen that listing and want the Cheshire infusion so badly ... sadly I keep blowing my budget, spreading it around a little here and there, lol.
I connect the main Cat very much with Loki ... interesting to know that I could reach out and interact with him directly.

The listing gave a name, age and personality so it sounds like an actual spirit versus a servitor. Maybe I will find out more when my order is processed.

Inanna
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Noctifera, by the Cheshire Cat are you referring to a thoughtform created by the collective energy of Carroll fans through the century?

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1500
Spelled Number: 2000

Lokakisa wrote:
Oh yes, I have seen that listing and want the Cheshire infusion so badly ... sadly I keep blowing my budget, spreading it around a little here and there, lol.
I connect the main Cat very much with Loki ... interesting to know that I could reach out and interact with him directly.

The listing gave a name, age and personality so it sounds like an actual spirit versus a servitor. Maybe I will find out more when my order is processed.
Do you have a link to the Cheshire Infusion?

Some people are like slinkies. They serve no useful purpose what so ever; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

I do not feed Trolls. I never seem to have a spare goat on hand when I cross a bridge; and I never like to waste a good goat on an annoying Troll. Ignoring them is such a wonderful option.

We tend to take life and the Internet too seriously. Don't allow others to tear you down or ruin your day. You live for YOU... NOT for them.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

It's was one of the choices in a Wonderland listing ... I don't see it up right now.

CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1500
Spelled Number: 2000

Lokakisa wrote:It's was one of the choices in a Wonderland listing ... I don't see it up right now.
Ah.. that's probably why I couldn't find it! :)

Some people are like slinkies. They serve no useful purpose what so ever; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

I do not feed Trolls. I never seem to have a spare goat on hand when I cross a bridge; and I never like to waste a good goat on an annoying Troll. Ignoring them is such a wonderful option.

We tend to take life and the Internet too seriously. Don't allow others to tear you down or ruin your day. You live for YOU... NOT for them.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Inanna wrote:Noctifera, by the Cheshire Cat are you referring to a thoughtform created by the collective energy of Carroll fans through the century?

No. The exact inversion perhaps of what you're stating.. 'we' did NOT create the Cheshire Cat. It is true that collective energy can empower a form, but we did not create the Cheshire Cat.
There are certain realms of energy that pre existed their 'fictional' counterparts or are existing parallel to ours in a very different manner. There are beings which are archetypal and pre exist, by which an entity considered 'fictional' is in fact a manifestation or face of the archetype tapped into. And sometimes 'all' apply. A figure can exist to popular definition as fictional, while it has an energetic presentience on another realm, has an active and accessible life simply in 'being' in itself and as a face of a greater archetype, and at the very same time is existing in a different form to popular opinion on a parallel universe. Existence is so much MORE than we allow ourselves to believe.. not everything exists in the same way, assuredly, but all things 'are'.

A divine core exists/can be discovered for most things but typically people are conditioned in a way that makes it difficult to comprehend.. although children obviously do. 'Thoughtform' is a word thrown around a lot, and it is not always true or relevant. A thing is only a thoughtform when it caters to your interpretation of it alone, when it is attached to your energy and acts on your thoughts of it only. When a 'thought formation' is based on a prior or parallel existing force then it is a personal extension of that force, and if it evolves beyond your self then it is no longer a thought form. A collective thought form is not actually a thought form.
So what I'm trying to establish here is that something can exist, at the same time, in several different ways.

All things have an energy to them, we as living beings do not create anything out of thin air.. all thoughts or imaginings come from somewhere else. Our consciousness filters or translates received energies. Therefore regardless of if one has the sensitivity to tap into what I consider the true Wonderland, or the archetypal forces/manifestations connected to and emanating from it, we can understand that Lewis Caroll's ideas were not created by him; they came from somewhere else. The Cheshire Cat existed before Lewis Caroll thought or wrote him.

This kind of thing has been discussed on the forum several times I think.. I was discussing it long before the topic of fiction and servitors and etc became popular but I think many have lost sight of the more intriguing reality which is the divine core and multidimensional existence of energy, distincton of energy, what that means and how it manifests.
I once conducted a kind of class called 'The Neverland Project' on this forum where I attempted to teach others about this through the focus of Neverland as a realm.

Go ahead and try it.. call out to the Cheshire Cat as a complex being, as an immortal, rather than a character. Clear your mind of preconceived notions, light a candle.. whatever. Energy is energy.

From my perspective there are old gods, new gods, new faces of old gods or new forms of worship for the eternal. The ritualistic consciousness is alive and well in our culture, and those who recognize it will learn that all manifestations of energy are active, sentient, independent no matter what form they take.

You can even think of it in this way..
to one culture, their mythology is true.. the god of love is Venus, not Aphrodite or Ishtar or Isis. To another culture they feel the same, but their goddess is Isis. All goddesses actually have uncanny similarities in their mythology, and energetic force.. they all rule over/from the same archetypal power.. yet if you were to tap into them you would find them distinct. Immortal is immortal and there are different kinds which come from different places. Some still would equate all of these goddesses, as different names or faces for ONE central force. Regardless they are distinct.
In our modern age, our modern myth Jessica Rabbit is a goddess of love and lust.. she is an individual energy but she is also a manifestation that is 'true' and 'relevant' to our culture - even if considered 'fiction' to many minds or irrelevant to those of other eras, other cultures.
In another time, Jim Morrison is a god.. today Brad Pitt is a god.. In another mind Bugs Bunny is a force of nature, the Cheshire Cat, Loki. Some carry a heavier weight, have more history and power in our realm and our universe than the others; some are existent in a way that is relatable and some are not. They are all completely distinguished from one another, assuredly so.. but they are also all relatable to one another, and it is us as individuals that decide how we regard them and what their place is in our lives.

But that is what I have come to understand and know. And I have explored some of these mythologies more in depth to find a greater root of truth and manifestation as I was called, such as the Lovecraft mythos and Wonderland mythos. I can't speak in depth on all of them, but the above is how I theoretically see it and how it feels right. I do not like limiting how or from where the divine can speak to me.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote: No. The exact inversion perhaps of what you're stating.. 'we' did NOT create the Cheshire Cat. It is true that collective energy can empower a form, but we did not create the Cheshire Cat.
There are certain realms of energy that pre existed their 'fictional' counterparts or are existing parallel to ours in a very different manner. There are beings which are archetypal and pre exist, by which an entity considered 'fictional' is in fact a manifestation or face of the archetype tapped into. And sometimes 'all' apply. A figure can exist to popular definition as fictional, while it has an energetic presentience on another realm, has an active and accessible life simply in 'being' in itself and as a face of a greater archetype, and at the very same time is existing in a different form to popular opinion on a parallel universe. Existence is so much MORE than we allow ourselves to believe.. not everything exists in the same way, assuredly, but all things 'are'.

A divine core exists/can be discovered for most things but typically people are conditioned in a way that makes it difficult to comprehend.. although children obviously do. 'Thoughtform' is a word thrown around a lot, and it is not always true or relevant. A thing is only a thoughtform when it caters to your interpretation of it alone, when it is attached to your energy and acts on your thoughts of it only. When a 'thought formation' is based on a prior or parallel existing force then it is a personal extension of that force, and if it evolves beyond your self then it is no longer a thought form. A collective thought form is not actually a thought form.
So what I'm trying to establish here is that something can exist, at the same time, in several different ways.

All things have an energy to them, we as living beings do not create anything out of thin air.. all thoughts or imaginings come from somewhere else. Our consciousness filters or translates received energies. Therefore regardless of if one has the sensitivity to tap into what I consider the true Wonderland, or the archetypal forces/manifestations connected to and emanating from it, we can understand that Lewis Caroll's ideas were not created by him; they came from somewhere else. The Cheshire Cat existed before Lewis Caroll thought or wrote him.

This kind of thing has been discussed on the forum several times I think.. I was discussing it long before the topic of fiction and servitors and etc became popular but I think many have lost sight of the more intriguing reality which is the divine core and multidimensional existence of energy, distincton of energy, what that means and how it manifests.
I once conducted a kind of class called 'The Neverland Project' on this forum where I attempted to teach others about this through the focus of Neverland as a realm.

Go ahead and try it.. call out to the Cheshire Cat as a complex being, as an immortal, rather than a character. Clear your mind of preconceived notions, light a candle.. whatever. Energy is energy.

From my perspective there are old gods, new gods, new faces of old gods or new forms of worship for the eternal. The ritualistic consciousness is alive and well in our culture, and those who recognize it will learn that all manifestations of energy are active, sentient, independent no matter what form they take.

You can even think of it in this way..
to one culture, their mythology is true.. the god of love is Venus, not Aphrodite or Ishtar or Isis. To another culture they feel the same, but their goddess is Isis. All goddesses actually have uncanny similarities in their mythology, and energetic force.. they all rule over/from the same archetypal power.. yet if you were to tap into them you would find them distinct. Immortal is immortal and there are different kinds which come from different places. Some still would equate all of these goddesses, as different names or faces for ONE central force. Regardless they are distinct.
In our modern age, our modern myth Jessica Rabbit is a goddess of love and lust.. she is an individual energy but she is also a manifestation that is 'true' and 'relevant' to our culture - even if considered 'fiction' to many minds or irrelevant to those of other eras, other cultures.
In another time, Jim Morrison is a god.. today Brad Pitt is a god.. In another mind Bugs Bunny is a force of nature, the Cheshire Cat, Loki. Some carry a heavier weight, have more history and power in our realm and our universe than the others; some are existent in a way that is relatable and some are not. They are all completely distinguished from one another, assuredly so.. but they are also all relatable to one another, and it is us as individuals that decide how we regard them and what their place is in our lives.

But that is what I have come to understand and know. And I have explored some of these mythologies more in depth to find a greater root of truth and manifestation as I was called, such as the Lovecraft mythos and Wonderland mythos. I can't speak in depth on all of them, but the above is how I theoretically see it and how it feels right. I do not like limiting how or from where the divine can speak to me. [/color]
A very nice explanation:)
And it's in line with my hypothesis that the deities/immortals of the old influence the modern fiction such as novel, comic books, etc. But not sure whether we call them do so, or it's their initiative to embed themselves in the modern world..

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Tbh I thought the Cheshire Cat was based on magickal cats of lore, and therefore did exist somehow. Oh and on trickster figures too.

I like to study the history of felines and their stories.
So it's been exciting to dig around for cat spirits and learn about them too.

I'm glad I started this thread though to discuss the iterations of the Cheshire Cat.
This is a cat a lot of us have grown up with, heck many generations have grown up with.

The listing I bought says: "These illusory cats are usually more blue in coloration and have very bushy tails, but are no so far removed from the famous Carroll cat that came to such fame. These cats are masters of illusion who can lead you and guide you with riddles. They change forms readily and are great for planting tricks or drawing the right spirits in and sending the wrong ones away. They can transform from dinosaur to mouse, and take on any role they choose to. They are very mischievous and an exciting addition to your keep."
Nothing specific about where they are from. I'll see if any other notes come with my order.
This was a pre-conjured spirit, and I didn't see an option for CC Cheshires.

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”