Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Frankly, I would do this (because this has been done in the past) When Arsine was public here, she wanted some wands (and at the time she was making/doing some incredibly amazing things!)...She wanted some very powerful wands, so I sent her a large iron arrowhead from the "digs" where the 500 fell to protect the Greek world..and then I had two wands from the original Golden Dawn...Dion Fortune's and Rachel Welch's (Rachel was a friend and teacher of mine, but had died). So I kept the Fortune one and gave Rachel's to Arsine...

My point is I think you really need a wand....a wand changes, starts and stops,makes better, or makes worse, preserves and changes, and restores...
Swords do much less...they are for warfare "in a straight line" so to speak, you may be doing more work than you have to - to get something with less energy/power being harder to get than the easier task of getting a wand.....

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitor/Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nekomata
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sora
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:This is going to be a long and difficult task for you. I don't mean to bring you down with that statement. You want a sword that will manifest in the three realms, this is possible and I have created objects and entities that manifest through the realms - however the extent you wish for it to manifest in the physical is more of what I wonder about. Do you wish for it to be visible to the human eye? Or just strongly felt? And I apologize if you've already answered this somewhere else in the thread and I missed it.

An immortal is a great idea to assist but I would honestly expect you have to do a great depth of the work yourself, as well as maintenance, with the chosen immortal's empowerment or blessing. For more involvement you may have to enter a sacred pact with said immortal. It is a rare occurrence that a deity will completely conduct such a business on your behalf, usually there is an equal exchange or formal ritual agreement of some sort.

Good luck and keep us updated.. sounds like a cool project.
I want it to be physical enough I can see and use it, I'm mot sure if I want others to be able to see it and I understand this. I'm fully aware it'll be a lot of work, as well as it's gonna mostly depend on me but I want my own weapon and I'm prepared to use everything I have to make it.. I already know what I want it to Look like as well as it's color and weight and it's style. I want one too by similar to a templar knight's broadsword except with my own symbol on the pommel and an inscription on the blade itself. :) I'd appreciate any help I can get though, I can't learn everything on my own that's why I want an immortal who knows how so he can give me his guidance.

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Caiyros Arlen Strang KCS wrote:Frankly, I would do this (because this has been done in the past) When Arsine was public here, she wanted some wands (and at the time she was making/doing some incredibly amazing things!)...She wanted some very powerful wands, so I sent her a large iron arrowhead from the "digs" where the 500 fell to protect the Greek world..and then I had two wands from the original Golden Dawn...Dion Fortune's and Rachel Welch's (Rachel was a friend and teacher of mine, but had died). So I kept the Fortune one and gave Rachel's to Arsine...

My point is I think you really need a wand....a wand changes, starts and stops,makes better, or makes worse, preserves and changes, and restores...
Swords do much less...they are for warfare "in a straight line" so to speak, you may be doing more work than you have to - to get something with less energy/power being harder to get than the easier task of getting a wand.....

Caiyros

I want it for the purpose of warfare and if made right I can easily channel magickal energy or elements through it.

EDIT: actually having a wand too would be great

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©
Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

NekoTheCat wrote:
Dragonoake wrote:The Church of Iron Oak follows a Smith Path and could probably offer some guidance in that area
Who are they? How can i contact them?
http://www.ironoak.org/

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

NekoTheCat wrote:I want it to be physical enough I can see and use it, I'm mot sure if I want others to be able to see it and I understand this. I'm fully aware it'll be a lot of work, as well as it's gonna mostly depend on me but I want my own weapon and I'm prepared to use everything I have to make it.
So we're talking about an astral form, which would be much easier than materializing five pounds of steel from a thought-form (not impossible, but Relativity applies)

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

The best form of psychic warfare is to play a game of GO in which you have to play the game both of sides black and white, play both sides as well as you can, until you win.....when you accomplish this you need no weapon.....

A friend of mine Moulee de Salm-Salm and I are writing a book of Meditations on Musashi's Scroll of 5 Rings....learn warfare and use as few weapons as possible, in some cases none.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

The making of the Viking Ulfberht sword.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/se ... sword.html

NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Dragonoake wrote:
NekoTheCat wrote:I want it to be physical enough I can see and use it, I'm mot sure if I want others to be able to see it and I understand this. I'm fully aware it'll be a lot of work, as well as it's gonna mostly depend on me but I want my own weapon and I'm prepared to use everything I have to make it.
So we're talking about an astral form, which would be much easier than materializing five pounds of steel from a thought-form (not impossible, but Relativity applies)
Yeah I think so, a friend told me "your sword is your companion It'll be with you if you need it" so I think he was talking about a physical sword but that could be summoned or something

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

NekoTheCat wrote:
Dragonoake wrote:So we're talking about an astral form, which would be much easier than materializing five pounds of steel from a thought-form (not impossible, but Relativity applies)
Yeah I think so, a friend told me "your sword is your companion It'll be with you if you need it" so I think he was talking about a physical sword but that could be summoned or something
An astral servitor form is quite doable

As for manifesting it into a solid physical form....
I did some figuring, and manifesting a 2.2 pound sword into a physical form from pure energy requires:

>> Drum roll please <<

25-billion kilowatt-hours of power
Or, the energy equivalent of a 21.5 megaton nuclear weapon

Not impossible, but spending a month hammering on a piece of steel suddenly sounds a lot easier

Darak
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 6

Hello!

Are you still looking for immortals and tips?

Do you neccessarely need the help of an immortal?
I would suggest dwarfs. Some of the greatest weapons in nordic mythology were made by dwarfs such as mijolnir and gungnir.

I'm a metal craftsman myself and a knifemaker. I started my own falchion blade a while ago and plan on making two heavy longswords, one blunt and one sharp.
You do not absolutely need to forge or use damascus steel. A high qualiti monosteel is just as good nowadays. high carbon spring steel is a good choice. Just make sure to temper it right. About 52-55 degree rockwell are good for a sword. Less than 50 is too soft and gets nicks easiely. Over 55 is too brittle and can break when used.

For the shape, if youre not very strong a leaf shaped blade such as the ones shown is not a good idea. It's too headheavy, those need strong hands and arms to wiel.
A slim longsword (or bastardsword if you like that name) would be better, those can be used two or one handed. Like this:
http://www.outfit4events.de/runtime/cac ... f_1717.JPG
This one also has a big heavy pommel which makes it well balanced, something you should make sure your sword is. It makes it much easier to wield.
A big fuller (I hope this is the right word) is also great to decrease weight without reducing the stability.

PS:
I forged a knife and an axe before. It's a lot of fun!
But very exhausting. And making a sword is quite difficult. Try to practise some work with metal, grinding nice even surfaces and polishing. And maybe train a bit, this will be VERY exhausting. Pushups on your fists strenghten your forearms and grip.

Return to “Immortals - Specific”