DRYADS...What do we know about them?

Discussion of creatures starting with letters A-J.
DollyLama
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I don't know why, but I am struck with a sudden curiosity about Dryads. I see in our lovely Encyclopedia that they are an Elemental, of the Earth.

http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... ntals.html

But, what do we know about them really? What is fiction and what is true? Do they have certain personality traits in common? What is their exact function and expertise? What do they DO exactly? Does anyone here have any experience with them?

Thank-you all! :thankyou:

P.S. I love this artist and I thought others might too! Her name is Joleen Flasher and here are some more of her works:

http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/ar ... llery=3869

Humans drool, vampires rule!
Who needs a prince when you can have a vampire?
wishing apon a star
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: White light Ones
If I could be anything, I would be...: Being My Divine Self
Zodiac:

I thought the Dryads had something to do with trees. Like the tree spirtis or something like that.

But thats why its a learning process..cant wait to hear all about them Dolly ! :)
Last edited by wishing apon a star on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warmest Wishes<3
When I count my Blessings, I Always count You Twice<3
::bop:: Creepy Hollows Cheerleader ::bop::
Healings Happen with Love<3
Creepy Hollows Rocks My Socks !
ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire Angel Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire Angel Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I don't know much about them but now I am very interested! The Undine sound amazing!

That is some lovely artwork! On a different note, I have many fave artists, but my fave at the minute is HR Giger. Take a look!

http://www.hrgiger.com/

His work is very dark, erotic and sci fi like. He did the design for the alien. What he makes is very different, almost nightmarish. I find his work very inspirational... in a creepy, weird way.

Image Image

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Dryads are great companions to those who have an appreciation for nature and for the mystica and magic aspects of nature. If you are someone who wants to learn more about the ancient bonds between mystic creatures and the elements of nature Dryads are a good source for information. Their energy can vary between fresh & alive to somber & ancient, some more than others but in most of them you'll see these variations. I think they also make really good companions to those who are interested in holistic work, natural remedies, gardening, etc because they have insight that hasn't been widely known for hundreds of years.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
ambiew
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: faeries
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Thanks for the info. Magnolia!

AMBER

"Vampires,werewolves and faeries make my life magikal"
pathtosirius
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: None

I have 3 of these amazing dryads with me, a birch tree dryad, wisteria tree dryad and an ash tree dryad.
All of them have somewhat varying personalities, but one thing is for sure, they have been great companions and have empowered me and blessed my life with much more than I have thought of initially.

All of them are very gentle, loving and kind, definitely will assist and guide in your endeavor if you'd like to explore Mother Earth, getting in touch with Mother Earth, even hearing whispering of nature themselves. Each of them empowers differently, bearing their blessings of the tree they have cared for, and bring it to your life if you would like to work with them. They can also assist, and help you with grounding too!
Definitely great lovely beings to work with.

Return to “Creatures A-J”