I want a Djinn! But...

SweetJane
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My magical/paranormal name...: Greetha

I want a Djinn, it's one of the few types of spirits that I haven't added to my family that I want to add yet. But, I've seen that on eBay, certain sellers say in their listings that Djinn are for experienced spirit handlers. It seems they are suggesting that Djinns are difficult, and that they can be menacing if not pleased with their treatment.

Is this true, or is it just sellers adding value to their product. If I were to keep a Djinn, what would I need to know? Which kind would be best, I want it for wish granting.

The illusion shatterer...

My "Truth Buffet" Concept: If you found out that everything you'd been raised to believe was a lie, the world being a veritable buffet and all, what would you reach out for, to put on your plate?

Break free...
---
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

While it is true almost all djinn are dark arts, I have never had any problem from any of my over 500. I am not counting the one-thousand guardian djinn since they do not grant wishes and are simply among my protection crew(they were a gift from a conjurer). Even my darkest djinns have been no trouble for me. These include ifrits, ghuls, and even a shaitann.

Am I wealthy beyond my dreams? No, but that may be because I still have a lot to learn. But I really do enjoy their company on those rare days I sense their presence. I have seen a few of them and for them to manage that is impressive to me. One is a female ifrit that enjoys appearing as a gorgeous brunette in the nude, I know she is a djinn because I noticed she had no feet, which is normal for a djinn.
There have been numerous events in which they let me know they are with me in my car. Once I even was driving to work and saw this huge pair of Egyptian eyes looking at me through my windshield. I know that most people would have wrecked their car in reaction. I just smiled and said hello.

I will add that perhaps it would be wise to stick with a Marid for a first djinn.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
SweetJane
active contributor
active contributor

Huffdamagicdragon wrote:While it is true almost all djinn are dark arts, I have never had any problem from any of my over 500. I am not counting the one-thousand guardian djinn since they do not grant wishes and are simply among my protection crew(they were a gift from a conjurer). Even my darkest djinns have been no trouble for me. These include ifrits, ghuls, and even a shaitann.

Am I wealthy beyond my dreams? No, but that may be because I still have a lot to learn. But I really do enjoy their company on those rare days I sense their presence. I have seen a few of them and for them to manage that is impressive to me. One is a female ifrit that enjoys appearing as a gorgeous brunette in the nude, I know she is a djinn because I noticed she had no feet, which is normal for a djinn.
There have been numerous events in which they let me know they are with me in my car. Once I even was driving to work and saw this huge pair of Egyptian eyes looking at me through my windshield. I know that most people would have wrecked their car in reaction. I just smiled and said hello.

I will add that perhaps it would be wise to stick with a Marid for a first djinn.
Is there a thread, perhaps that someone could direct me to that outlines the proper way to interact with a Djinn? As well, can anyone tell me their experience with wishes being granted by Djinn? I want to know if it's real or imagined, that they grant wishes on any level. I'd just like to have a basic idea of what they can do, a ballpark figure, as it were.

My "Truth Buffet" Concept: If you found out that everything you'd been raised to believe was a lie, the world being a veritable buffet and all, what would you reach out for, to put on your plate?

Break free...
---
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

That would depend on the conjurers. What their philosophy/path, their conjuring and binding method, and what kind of spirits/entities they usually work with. It might be a good idea to check the sellers' other offers to compare with that djinn listing, and maybe contact them directly. The sellers might have rituals that you have to do when receiving the vessel.

And for wish-granting, in case you haven't found this:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 59&t=24603
http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... artlang=en

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=135
There is also an entire forum category dedicated to connecting with and learning how to make wishes with Djinns in addition to the excellent threads darkwing linked. It's really not difficult to find great information on this forum if you invest a little time into digging.

SweetJane
active contributor
active contributor

CerataPhthalma wrote:http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=135
There is also an entire forum category dedicated to connecting with and learning how to make wishes with Djinns in addition to the excellent threads darkwing linked. It's really not difficult to find great information on this forum if you invest a little time into digging.
Haha, I am so busy editing an article, that it totally evaded my awareness that there was such a thread, right there in front of my eyes at the top of this forum board page. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sweet

Break free...
---
CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

SweetJane wrote:
CerataPhthalma wrote:http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=135
Haha, I am so busy editing an article, that it totally evaded my awareness that there was such a thread, right there in front of my eyes at the top of this forum board page. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sweet
No problem! I know how it gets when work pulls you in. Happy seeking :D

Cka75
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Awesome. Always.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Pretty awesome....

I will offer my 2 cents (which, that's approximately what it would be worth). I have a few and I don't have any issues with them. Djinn are generally always dark arts. They're not all loving and cuddly as some will present them as. In many ways, they're a lot like working with demons. There are some djinn that can be very difficult to work with. And there are some that simply are NOT human friendly. If you go back and read the segments of the Koran that deal with djinn, it will provide some insight. Some djinn, for example, their name literally translates to "devil" or "Satan djinn." Does this mean they're not all "bad" or "evil?" No, absolutely not. But, it also doesn't mean that they're all going to be warm cuddly little things that are there to make your wildest dreams come true. I happen to have one that is quite the sweetheart. She's one of the few non-demons that I spend any time with. But, she also came with a warning: "do NOT seek her assistance for 'darker' tasks, or she will be very difficult to manage." Translation, she'll accomplish the task you asked her too, with serious unintended repercussions. So, I'm happy to have her just do her thing around here and enjoy her life with my family WITHOUT asking for assistance with anything that might be considered "dark." As with everything spirit keeping related, I would just advise that you work with a reputable conjurer that you trust to help ensure that the djinn you work with is 1. A djinn, and 2. People friendly.

If you get one that comes with a warning tag, follow it. After all, don't feed gizmo after midnight. Good luck!

Dear haters,
I couldn't help but notice that "awesome" ends with "me" and "ugly" begins with "u." I think I'll keep on being awesome.
SweetJane
active contributor
active contributor

Cka75 wrote:I will offer my 2 cents (which, that's approximately what it would be worth). I have a few and I don't have any issues with them. Djinn are generally always dark arts. They're not all loving and cuddly as some will present them as. In many ways, they're a lot like working with demons. There are some djinn that can be very difficult to work with. And there are some that simply are NOT human friendly. If you go back and read the segments of the Koran that deal with djinn, it will provide some insight. Some djinn, for example, their name literally translates to "devil" or "Satan djinn." Does this mean they're not all "bad" or "evil?" No, absolutely not. But, it also doesn't mean that they're all going to be warm cuddly little things that are there to make your wildest dreams come true. I happen to have one that is quite the sweetheart. She's one of the few non-demons that I spend any time with. But, she also came with a warning: "do NOT seek her assistance for 'darker' tasks, or she will be very difficult to manage." Translation, she'll accomplish the task you asked her too, with serious unintended repercussions. So, I'm happy to have her just do her thing around here and enjoy her life with my family WITHOUT asking for assistance with anything that might be considered "dark." As with everything spirit keeping related, I would just advise that you work with a reputable conjurer that you trust to help ensure that the djinn you work with is 1. A djinn, and 2. People friendly.

If you get one that comes with a warning tag, follow it. After all, don't feed gizmo after midnight. Good luck!
Thanks, points taken.

Break free...
---
BlazeTigerNahti
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love a ton of them
My magical/paranormal name...: Twilight, Blaze & NightBlood are some of my favorite ones

I have a lot of Djinn
And of all types
I only have 1 that likes to mess up wishes like in the stories
Some are sharp tempered, and many are fun and funny
They very like everything/everyone else

P.S. I started off with an ifrit

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Yahweh Sabaoth for ever.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”