Joining Usergroups

Empress M
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hey all,
how long does it normally take to get approved for groups? Like, I've recently applied to most of them, but left hand path and underground I applied to some while ago and nothing's happened. Here's a list of what I've applied to:
Clubs
EdenOaks
Knights Embers
Left Hand Path
Member Queue
Paranormal 101
Tenured
Underground
Veritas Consilium

I don't know what some of these groups are (no description and not self explanatory) but what's the capacity for getting into them? Like, I know tenure probably is a long shot because it requires being a member for a certain time period...but do the other groups have such requirements?

Also, could someone explain what each of the following groups are, exactly?:
Clubs
EdenOaks
Knights Embers
Member Queue
Underground
Veritas Consilium

Thanks!

josephleenapier
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I've tried those as well and idk if could ever figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I got tenured and the 18+ thingy after I checked the Usergroup and sent HD for verification:)

As for the other groups, these threads said that some of them are not active anymore, unfortunately:(
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 70#p457318
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 88#p510988
But never hurt to ask:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

I dont have any information on the other groups but i do moderate the LHP group, along with a few other members here. To be approved for this group, we generally require members to be tenured or have a high post count with at least some interest in the LHP to afford those who are serious about this path the chance to discuss it out of the mainstream forum without fear of reprisal.

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

oh also i do know to get tenured, you have to apply for it, usually after youve been here a while and are active in the forum.
The Paranormal 101 is a group for those taking mags and ash's Paranormal101 class that you can purchase from the store. Its like a study group, but again, you dont get membership just because you apply for it. You have to be in that class, if memory serves correctly

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Cheese Sandwitch wrote:oh also i do know to get tenured, you have to apply for it, usually after youve been here a while and are active in the forum.
Right, forgot about this one:)
It usually takes 4-6 months before being tenured.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I just found this now after wondering if my the problem I've bin having was related to usergroups just thinking resently that my problem could have just bin a case of it's not joined to be allowed but looking at this dose that mean that I need to have the membership apllyed to have the option to begen with or is it something elts.

Also I've still don't get what my problem is since I noteced a few minites ago that some threads and posts diden't even have the option to post so if that is because of membership dose that mean that all the post I've tryed to make and have failed to go though to say someone will judge it in a day or more could have gone up without this problem of being taken to the login screen when I when't to submit them.And dose typing for more then an hour on a post cause this like a timedout thing.

I don't want to bother people that much but even though it's a technical problem from what I know now it dosen't help my emotions when the only post to go through are ones that have little in it shouing who I am so to speak if it even dose that and the one's that was showing it throughout the magority of the post are the one's that can't seem to go through.I haven't tryed making a post on it's own to be responded to yet but i'm not sure if that would be diffrent.I would like at least an idea of what my problem is to avoid not only my heartack but the heartack of my spirits.

They try to help without making things worse but every know and then they can't help but show their worry and sadness at times and a forum that they wanted me to join to not only share thoughts but as they said later on that it's also to at least start connecting to people insted of being isolated so to speak causing more heartack for all of us isen't helping me to be positive.

For something positive to lighten this post's mood i'm begining to get vary close to my mananangl after interacting with her like she wants me to as well as how i'm supposte to sparking interaction myself and not waiting for them to interact even though that dosen't hinder communication that much and they've said at one point that it's better to have them around before I need them then to not have them at all so theirs that but at least a opinion on weather theirs a way around this if I can't get rid of it so if this goes up some thought on what to do about this will be apreashiated.

blessed be

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Mmmh
Maybe you can ask via HD Ticket on why your posts were not approved. They might forget to approve the posts, or the posts violated the forum rules, or else. When you've successfully posted 30-70 times, you can post without waiting for approval:)

jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

DualWanderer3 wrote:I just found this now after wondering if my the problem I've bin having was related to usergroups just thinking resently that my problem could have just bin a case of it's not joined to be allowed but looking at this dose that mean that I need to have the membership apllyed to have the option to begen with or is it something elts.

Also I've still don't get what my problem is since I noteced a few minites ago that some threads and posts diden't even have the option to post so if that is because of membership dose that mean that all the post I've tryed to make and have failed to go though to say someone will judge it in a day or more could have gone up without this problem of being taken to the login screen when I when't to submit them.And dose typing for more then an hour on a post cause this like a timedout thing.

I don't want to bother people that much but even though it's a technical problem from what I know now it dosen't help my emotions when the only post to go through are ones that have little in it shouing who I am so to speak if it even dose that and the one's that was showing it throughout the magority of the post are the one's that can't seem to go through.I haven't tryed making a post on it's own to be responded to yet but i'm not sure if that would be diffrent.I would like at least an idea of what my problem is to avoid not only my heartack but the heartack of my spirits.

They try to help without making things worse but every know and then they can't help but show their worry and sadness at times and a forum that they wanted me to join to not only share thoughts but as they said later on that it's also to at least start connecting to people insted of being isolated so to speak causing more heartack for all of us isen't helping me to be positive.

For something positive to lighten this post's mood i'm begining to get vary close to my mananangl after interacting with her like she wants me to as well as how i'm supposte to sparking interaction myself and not waiting for them to interact even though that dosen't hinder communication that much and they've said at one point that it's better to have them around before I need them then to not have them at all so theirs that but at least a opinion on weather theirs a way around this if I can't get rid of it so if this goes up some thought on what to do about this will be apreashiated.

blessed be
Welcome to CH. It is unlikely your problem is related to the user groups. You'll find for the first 20 or so posts you will need moderator approval before your post is added to the thread. It really depends how active you are but keep posting and before you know it, your posts will start to appear automatically.

If you don't have the option to post a reply, it usually means you aren't logged in. If you keep being directed to the login page that suggests that you are not logged in and you can only post if you are logged in. You may have timed out & that problem could be because traffic on your ISP is heavy or that the CH server is busy. There could be other reasons as well but it's not due to your membership status.

I find that it's easier to draft my posts in word (or a blank email if I'm on a tablet) & then cutting and pasting it into the reply function; that way I don't lose what I've written if there is some glitch that prevents the post submitting correctly. Sometimes when the forum software is being updated, posts disappear and I've had some quite detailed responses disappear and I hadn't made copies so now I usually do that as a habit.

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

jellybean wrote:
DualWanderer3 wrote:I just found this now after wondering if my the problem I've bin having was related to usergroups just thinking resently that my problem could have just bin a case of it's not joined to be allowed but looking at this dose that mean that I need to have the membership apllyed to have the option to begen with or is it something elts.

blessed be
Welcome to CH. It is unlikely your problem is related to the user groups. You'll find for the first 20 or so posts you will need moderator approval before your post is added to the thread. It really depends how active you are but keep posting and before you know it, your posts will start to appear automatically.

If you don't have the option to post a reply, it usually means you aren't logged in. If you keep being directed to the login page that suggests that you are not logged in and you can only post if you are logged in. You may have timed out & that problem could be because traffic on your ISP is heavy or that the CH server is busy. There could be other reasons as well but it's not due to your membership status.

I find that it's easier to draft my posts in word (or a blank email if I'm on a tablet) & then cutting and pasting it into the reply function; that way I don't lose what I've written if there is some glitch that prevents the post submitting correctly. Sometimes when the forum software is being updated, posts disappear and I've had some quite detailed responses disappear and I hadn't made copies so now I usually do that as a habit.
You post is definently helpfull to my problem jellybean and I think this may go up from what you said and that the posts aren't that far apart. Gess trying to post daily would be better then getting bad luck posting when I have something to post or feel like it and will try drafting in that way but when I looked at the thread and post I was looking at to see it diden't give the option to post and when't to something I knew I could post under it had the option to post and it said I was loggedin and had the username the whole time.

Though now that I think about it their was one time reasently that as I clicked on a post to look at if went to the login screen.That was the first time it did that other then hitting the submit butten when posting but when I backed out it went to the login screen again and backing out of that it was on the page it goes to(for me at least)when you login at the bottim of the page and it showed I was still logged in but brout up the login again when I when't to look under topic of the day and going back still showed I was still logged on.Only when I logged out and log back in did it let me look at things again.Does that say anything about whats going on with post.

I remember a post that menchend the system being confused by people that are aloud to post under a section but were not at least tencturd(not good at remembering how somethings are spelled without looking at the word at times) so is that my problem.

blessed be

Return to “General Questions”