You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Ok so maybe not a REAL big spoiler, but there is a bit of a hidden gem of wisdom hiding out in the movie Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens. If you don't want to have a tiny bit of this ruined for you turn back now.

During the movie there is a bit of a moment where Han and Fin have a back and forth moment.
"We'll Figure It Out. We'll Use The Force." "That's Not How The Force Works!"
Fin makes a statement about using The Force to disable a shield generator and Han replies in the classic retort that it isn't how the Force works.

Now in mysticism and the current new age mentality that has swept the world the idea of a Guiding Force has become universally accepted. Many of us have this idea that things will "work out" just on that much alone and to some degree that IS true. Things will work out. That is to say the world will continue to rotate, the sun will rise and set, and things will go on. They may not go on WELL but so long as we don't die, we live, and so long as we live we are part of that cycle of rising and setting.

However that doesn't mean things will work out for OUR better. This "Guiding Force" or series of events is something that, unless we are keyed into it intricately is not really impacting us in a positive way. That is to say that while we exist in this moving, guiding, ebbing, flowing, and above all else ever changing current of time, space, and energy it is NOT always to our benefit. If it were a universally beneficial thing there would be no change or growth in the universe. There would be no change and instead be complete stasis. As living beings though we strive to ride that current and wave.

Harsh right? Yet truthful and of some value to take note of.

So this guiding current we exist in, if it doesn't just take us from point A to B beneficially all the time, and it isn't something we can just WILL things to happen with, then how DOES it work?

Well for the part of guidance we have to learn to listen to it first. We have to learn to clear out, let go, and look inward a bit more to be part of that moving, guiding, ebb and flow of his current. So long as we are closed off in some way no amount of faith does anything. After all, it may be moving things around us, but we aren't moving OURSELVES into the best position without that clarity of thought and mind.

Meditation in some form or another is the key to this. That ability to relax, look inward, and feel the movement of the currents so that we can best position ourselves is an imperative part of how we best better ourselves in the world. Only once we can feel, comprehend, and fully understand that flow of energy and events can we best position ourselves to not just survive or live but thrive and do better.

That is only part of how this simple little quote teaches us a bit more about metaphysics though.

This energy can be manipulated, shaped, warped, and bent to a degree. We do that on a lesser degree with simple will but will without focus is more akin to hope. Without effort will is nothing as well. So what we get from this is we don't just "use" this energy because we want to but we must also have the training and experience interacting with it to do that.

Going back to this first method of gaining that training is the act of sensing. Sensing is the most integral part of this action. No great meta-physicist lacks fully senses. Some of us are better at sensing than others, some have a degree of mastering, and many have had to learn to block the input due to overload, but none should be devoid of senses when practicing.

Without that first step in sensing, and then learning where to position ourselves within the current be it in emotional context, physical location, or focus of will then all efforts fall apart. After that we must then learn to hone the will effectively toward a single point of precision. We must learn to guide those currents of power we exist within around us. Anything less is just hoping things will work out. It is paying lip service to that energy.

That just isn't how it works.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
Thorny
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: almost any
If I could be anything, I would be...: A flying cat
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sebeto

I just to sigh and think "blah blah blah!" when people talket aqbout the importance of meditation, I'm ashamed to say. I was always looking for loopholes, until it actually dawned on me that meditation is a good thing for me, in every possible way.

Haha, I'll actually be without internet at home after I move in 2 weeks. Not just for a while, we're talking yeras, unless a miracle happens (the past year, the year of a lifetime, shot my credit rating to hell in a rather spectacular way). I'll have plenty of time to meditate and develop the abilities I want to develop, that's a good thing, right? 1s

Cult
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

There is a correlation between the external and the internal world. Your external world is simply a reflection of your internal world, it's never going to actually exist outside of you in a way that you're ever going to experience. By controlling the internal world, you are controlling the external world.

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Indeed Cult, but controlling the internal world is more than just hope or want. It takes will, direction, and time. Just as working out a muscle takes dedication and action over time. The internal world in that respect is a reflection of the external world.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air

Return to “Paranormal Energy”