You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Amisa
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: blessed darksteel

I just read the "9 things your doing wrong as a spirit keeper" and I need help. I have adhd and ocd as well as autism. I also have....trust issues....because people look down on me like I am a blight, and that frustrates me, and they have always made fun of me, my indulging in my autistic fantasies, and then bringing me crashing down.
This makes it difficult to talk to my spirits, much less believe. I guess i'm talking to you, because I have run out of options. What do I do, magnolia?

Krowe
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 10
If I could be anything, I would be...: shifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Krowe
Zodiac:

(in case Magnolia doesnt answer you)
you already know what is getting in the way of your communication. these are blocks and blocks have to be dealt with, otherwise there will always be either little communication or none(that you notice anyways)

first you should deal with the medical side of things, talk to a doctor and a therapist to figure out your options and what can be done to help.
then deal with the emotional side of things, you need to deal with your trust issues, even little things like doing a meditation and using a positive phrase like 'i believe my spirits are with me', 'i can trust that my spirits are with me' etc in the morning or before bed, would be a good way to turn your subconscious away from negative thoughts and also consciously push those negative thoughts away. so the next time you feel like nothing's working, your spirits are fake or dont care about you, immediately(even if you dont want to or it feels like a lie) say outloud or think the opposite of the negative thought. ('maybe they arent actually real', 'no, they are real!' 'maybe i wont ever hear them like everyone else', ' NO, i will hear them, i just need to practice' you have to insist and over time you will notice that this thinking empowers you.
you should also deal with your trust issues towards people, either by taking some time to meditate each day over the situations that cause this distrust, talking to the people who have caused it, or talking to a therapist about it and you can do the negative thought to positive thought exercise as well. i think doing so will make it easier for you to trust your spirits.
dont let yourself focus on the people who look down on you, focus on the people who make you feel good about yourself.

Ty321341!
neophyte
neophyte

Krowe wrote:(in case Magnolia doesnt answer you)
you already know what is getting in the way of your communication. these are blocks and blocks have to be dealt with, otherwise there will always be either little communication or none(that you notice anyways)

first you should deal with the medical side of things, talk to a doctor and a therapist to figure out your options and what can be done to help.
then deal with the emotional side of things, you need to deal with your trust issues, even little things like doing a meditation and using a positive phrase like 'i believe my spirits are with me', 'i can trust that my spirits are with me' etc in the morning or before bed, would be a good way to turn your subconscious away from negative thoughts and also consciously push those negative thoughts away. so the next time you feel like nothing's working, your spirits are fake or dont care about you, immediately(even if you dont want to or it feels like a lie) say outloud or think the opposite of the negative thought. ('maybe they arent actually real', 'no, they are real!' 'maybe i wont ever hear them like everyone else', ' NO, i will hear them, i just need to practice' you have to insist and over time you will notice that this thinking empowers you.
you should also deal with your trust issues towards people, either by taking some time to meditate each day over the situations that cause this distrust, talking to the people who have caused it, or talking to a therapist about it and you can do the negative thought to positive thought exercise as well. i think doing so will make it easier for you to trust your spirits.
dont let yourself focus on the people who look down on you, focus on the people who make you feel good about yourself.
I don't have any positive people in my life, not even in my own family. And I wish that were an over exaturation. But this is why I turned to spirits in the first place. And I do believe they're really there, but I grew up with an excessive Christian narcissistic father, who once pushed me too far. I was lucky my mom was there. I won't go into details.

Ty321341!
neophyte
neophyte

I think it's a combination of my abusive father, and my former religious background (can you guess what it was?) And in case you were wondering, no he wasn't a priest. Also I was bullied. Like alot.

Krowe
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

ok soooo my dad is pretty much the same...emotionally abusive(like he will say offhanded insults to me all the time and when he used to make me cry he would just say i needed to grow a spine.) hypocritically christian(currently cheating on my mom, while also being a pastor that preaches about how sinful the world is now) who constantly tries to force his ideals onto me and my sister. he's not even my real father, my real father was a man that took advantage of my mother, refused to work and just leeched off of her and when he found out she was pregnant with me, he was disgusted and horrified. i've never even met him and i have no desire to.
i was also bullied(emotionally and physically) during my childhood for being fat, so i basically had no self esteem (and still struggle with it now) and at times felt alone, even with the friends that i had.
i dont know how old you are, but (and this may sound harsh) at some point you have to get past it and move on.
it may seem like everyone's against you and there may be times when that is true, but if you dont take your emotions into your own hands, you will continue to suffer.
if you dont have anyone you feel cares about you, then YOU need to be that person. focus on WHAT makes you happy, over WHO makes you happy, think about what makes YOU a good person, what your good traits are as a person, why you deserve to be happy and know that no matter what anyone says you are validated in how you feel.
if you dont have anyone you can confide in your feelings, you really should consider talking to a therapist or a counselor. (it sucks and for me it was mostly me crying from realizations the therapists made known to me BUT it's a way to get out your emotions and either be validated or shown that you dont have to feel that way and where they come from.)
trust me, when i was younger and going through this, i thought i would always feel the same and nothing would fix it, but with therapy, medicine, my own spiritual work and my spirits help(something i wasnt always aware of) i was able to get over my insecurities and emotional grief and im to a point i never thought i would get to, i actually feel fulfilled and like i can make my dreams come true. things that i used to fail at, i now succeed in. and you can get there too, but you have to move past the negative feelings you have right now, you cant focus on what's holding you back.
when it comes to your spirits, once you deal with your blocks(or during if you want) figure out your strengths with communication. so do you have a really active imagination? can you sense energy or other's feelings easily? do you remember your dreams easily? if you dont know, just start spending time meditating and ask your spirits to talk to you in the way you will best be able to perceive and wait for what comes.
until then (and you've probably heard this a ton) just talk to them anyway, at some point you will begin to notice them talking back, it might be really subtle, so you need to begin tuning your awareness towards them and you cant let yourself dismiss anything(somethings may be coincidence but if you ignore everything then the illusion is created that you dont get anything from your spirits.) spirits work off of you, so if they've been trying one way to communicate with you and then you maybe you notice a few times but say 'oh that was just in my head, it wasnt real' or 'it was just a coincidence.' then they will move on to something else and keep trying until it gets through to you. once you start noticing how they talk to you, it will get more consistent.
it's not something that just happens for everyone, often you need to practice and work at it, like riding a bike, but once you get the momentum going, it will feel like you can accomplish everything.

Ty321341!
neophyte
neophyte

Krowe wrote:ok soooo my dad is pretty much the same...emotionally abusive(like he will say offhanded insults to me all the time and when he used to make me cry he would just say i needed to grow a spine.) hypocritically christian(currently cheating on my mom, while also being a pastor that preaches about how sinful the world is now) who constantly tries to force his ideals onto me and my sister. he's not even my real father, my real father was a man that took advantage of my mother, refused to work and just leeched off of her and when he found out she was pregnant with me, he was disgusted and horrified. i've never even met him and i have no desire to.
i was also bullied(emotionally and physically) during my childhood for being fat, so i basically had no self esteem (and still struggle with it now) and at times felt alone, even with the friends that i had.
i dont know how old you are, but (and this may sound harsh) at some point you have to get past it and move on.
it may seem like everyone's against you and there may be times when that is true, but if you dont take your emotions into your own hands, you will continue to suffer.
if you dont have anyone you feel cares about you, then YOU need to be that person. focus on WHAT makes you happy, over WHO makes you happy, think about what makes YOU a good person, what your good traits are as a person, why you deserve to be happy and know that no matter what anyone says you are validated in how you feel.
if you dont have anyone you can confide in your feelings, you really should consider talking to a therapist or a counselor. (it sucks and for me it was mostly me crying from realizations the therapists made known to me BUT it's a way to get out your emotions and either be validated or shown that you dont have to feel that way and where they come from.)
trust me, when i was younger and going through this, i thought i would always feel the same and nothing would fix it, but with therapy, medicine, my own spiritual work and my spirits help(something i wasnt always aware of) i was able to get over my insecurities and emotional grief and im to a point i never thought i would get to, i actually feel fulfilled and like i can make my dreams come true. things that i used to fail at, i now succeed in. and you can get there too, but you have to move past the negative feelings you have right now, you cant focus on what's holding you back.
when it comes to your spirits, once you deal with your blocks(or during if you want) figure out your strengths with communication. so do you have a really active imagination? can you sense energy or other's feelings easily? do you remember your dreams easily? if you dont know, just start spending time meditating and ask your spirits to talk to you in the way you will best be able to perceive and wait for what comes.
until then (and you've probably heard this a ton) just talk to them anyway, at some point you will begin to notice them talking back, it might be really subtle, so you need to begin tuning your awareness towards them and you cant let yourself dismiss anything(somethings may be coincidence but if you ignore everything then the illusion is created that you dont get anything from your spirits.) spirits work off of you, so if they've been trying one way to communicate with you and then you maybe you notice a few times but say 'oh that was just in my head, it wasnt real' or 'it was just a coincidence.' then they will move on to something else and keep trying until it gets through to you. once you start noticing how they talk to you, it will get more consistent.
it's not something that just happens for everyone, often you need to practice and work at it, like riding a bike, but once you get the momentum going, it will feel like you can accomplish everything.
ok. Thanks!

Krowe
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac: