Necromancy?

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

There is a spirit I've had my eye on for a while and he is described as "very DA" simply for the fact that he has a penchant for necromancy. Now I've tried to do some research on necromancy as I'm not that familiar with it and maybe I just didn't find the right sources, but all I could find was the basic definition that necromancy is speaking with the dead. That doesn't sound so bad to me, but clearly there's more to it than that if it's on the darker end of the spectrum. Could someone give me some more insight on why that is?

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
OhNo
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Gray Beard
Zodiac:

Here's the results for a google search for necromancy magick. Hope this helps 1ak

https://www.google.com/search?q=necroma ... ncy+magick

P.S. I know the spirit you're looking at. I almost got him this morning but decided to pass.

"it’s so easy to get famous now. Have a big butt and an Instagram account."...Naomi Grossman
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmmh it could be because of the type of necromancy the spirit practices. There are rituals that involve sacrificing animals etc, and that might be considered "very DA"

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Marilee
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

There are several threads in the CH Forum about necromancy and necromantic work. The following is a good one to start with, but a search of necromancy or necromantic on the CH Forum will yield many results 2hp .

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... cy#p637001

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

Marilee wrote:There are several threads in the CH Forum about necromancy and necromantic work. The following is a good one to start with, but a search of necromancy or necromantic on the CH Forum will yield many results 2hp .

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... cy#p637001
That's strange. It says I'm not authorized to read the forum.

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

That's in the tenured section of the forum.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Alikat13
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Monster
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Necromancy is also raising and summoning spirits from the dead and they can manipulate the deceased and can control them to do their work if they wanted to. It's probably not necessarily evil but incredibly disrespectful because the dead should rest in peace but they disrespect the dead by summoning them. Also they can animate corpses and control them to do their bidding.... so that's what many say I myself am actually learning necromancy at the time and hoping to understand it better. I think it's really because a necromancer has free will to do whatever they see fit and that can be considered dark arts and sometimes even black arts

Image. Image I will not self-censor, I will write my dark truth[/size]
Being Both Soft And Strong Is A Combination Very Few Have Mastered
Alikat13
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Monster
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

It sucks you can't look at it in the above link it has a lot of very useful info on necromancy

Image. Image I will not self-censor, I will write my dark truth[/size]
Being Both Soft And Strong Is A Combination Very Few Have Mastered
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

One who practices true Necromancy would be considered on the darker scale as necromantic work is something typically more inclined as a practice to rebellious, risk-taking practitioners not afraid to immerse themselves in death and challenge the veil which separates life from death.

Among many things I am a practicing necromancer going on several years now. I have posted a lot about it on this forum but yeah, some of the jewels are in tenured sections as they are advanced considerations. There are others on this forum as well who come and go with leanings to necromancy, and certainly death work.

Necromancy is overall the practice of divining through the dead, or summoning the dead/death energy and death related entities for a number of purposes. You can take this in all sorts of directions, you see, and within necromancy holds a vast potential; therefore many practitioners of the art have explored the far reaches for the power this brings them.
Immersing oneself in death can be an unsettling or disturbing experience and the kind of people who can/will do this on any level, are likely to be of a darker nature themselves. We face the kind of things that scare the bejeebies out of common folk and uncommon folk alike.

I could go further into the death related explorations I have done but I don't really think it's relevant. You might want to ask this spirit what kind of things he has done/is capable of. There have been necromancers known to be capable of extending their lives/some semblance of immortality through the art, as a wilder example.

Calin
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them

Bump - how do you gain access to the tenured section? I don't see it on the index?

Return to “Dark Arts”