Patron Deities.

Olivia
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Alpha Minion.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jakos Demon.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I've been expressing more and more of an interest in Immortals, particularly Aphrodite. I feel connected to her the most. I've done my research on several different Immortals from different pantheons and I definitely feel a greater connection to the Greek Immortals.

I have done some basic (as well as some in depth) research but would now like to hear about some personal experiences. I heard that you can choose or "discover" the deity meant for you and would like to know how you discovered this and how everything has been with your patron deity thus far. (Aka, your journey.) Thank you very much in advance ^~^

-Olivia.

Formerly known as OliviaSpirit.
Sionnach
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
Zodiac:

I have been a follower of Cernunnos for roughly 12 years. When I was a baby witch and pagan in highschool, I got my start through Wicca like many others. Though I found my problems with that path and sought others, the idea of the Horned God stuck with me. I always felt this protective, loving, and fearsome presence whenever I meditated or even thought about that God. So I looked more into him. I discovered the Herne/Greenman/Pan collection of figures in Celtic lore. Eventually I found information on Cernunnos and it all 'clicked'. A figure steeped in mystery and with so little written information on, yet I felt like I knew him right away. Like I had a father figure I never knew the name of.

I started praying and leaving offerings to him. I sought his guidance and protection, as well as his help in understanding my fear of men. And he was there for me. In dreams, visits in meditation and soft words. It feels like whenever I meandered or was lost, he was gently guiding me back to the right path. Even as an adult I lean on him sometimes, though he has always had me stand on my own when I needed it.

I honestly feel that the core to any relationship with a deity is respect and patience. And of course, appreciation. Some immortals have to be sought out and others choose their followers. They have a lot to offer in the ways of wisdom, power and comfort, as long as we are respectful. From my experience, they do not expect grand altars or formal ritualistic prayer. An offering now and then and to keep them in your mind as you go about life is often enough. They may present you with challenges knowing that you will be stronger when you conquer them.

To have a patron diety is both an honour and a responsibility. It means having many blessings as well as a relationship to maintain. But to me it is the most rewarding relationship you can have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jojo666
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mayan spirit
If I could be anything, I would be...: Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Hi Olivia, I think through the years, the Goddess of Mercy would be one of the earliest patron deities who watched over me as a child. But as the years passed, deities/Immortals/Ascended Masters from different pantheons stepped in, Mother Mary, Lord Ganesha,etc. But after my Immortal in your Blood reading, the CH mystery prizes starting including Odin and the 7 Japanese Immortals. A Wazi estate item for a group of Immortals just arrived, which feels like a homecoming for me; as if the Immortals knew I was 'family' and had been looking out for me all this while 1h
Olivia, many years ago, I would think I only had a patron deity, but after the blessings from various deities/Immortals, etc, I am grateful and respect them all.

Will be interesting to hear whether others have a patron deity, or more than one they feel close to 1s

O! the one Life within us and abroad,
Which meets all motion and becomes its soul,
A light in sound, a sound-like power in light,
Rhythm in all thought, and joyance everywhere—
Methinks, it should have been impossible
Not to love all things in a world so filled;
Where the breeze warbles, and the mute still air
Is Music slumbering on her instrument.
Novaboo
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 36
Zodiac:

Over the years I have worked with Set and Anubis, the Morrigan, and Persephone. It's recently become apparent that Persephone has been leading me on my journey to Hekate whom I haven't actually worked with yet, but that's because I'm not ready.

I've never pledged to any of them because that kind of bond just wasn't there, but I deeply wonder if Hekate will wind up becoming my matron... I feel like she's been watching and guiding me my whole life and I just had to get to a certain point in my life to be able to understand and accept it. We'll see, though, that might change.

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

Oh man! When I first became Wiccan x-number of years ago, the deities I started out with were Athena and Poseidon; Athena because she just felt right (probably because she was one of the few I was more familiar with) and Poseidon because I am a sea witch and to be honest, he was the only sea deity I knew of at the time.

However, as time went on, I felt more and more distant to Athena, and I never felt right with Poseidon to begin with, so I felt it was time to move on to other gods. I was doing research on sea deities when I came across one named Doris. What really struck me about her was that she shared her name with Doris Lang, from Vampire Hunter D (which I am a HUGE fan of). It wasn't so much that I decided to pledge myself to her because she shared a name with a character I liked, but moreso my love for VHD was meant to guide me towards her, if that makes sense.

Then there's Aegir. When I was purchasing some statuary for my altar, I came across a statue of Aegir that I really liked and even though I was still under Poseidon at this time, I REALLY wanted that Aegir statue. Well, I took my sweet time and in that sweet time, the manufacturer discontinued the Aegir statue, making it impossible to find. I scoured every website possible and I was never able to find the Aegir statue, so I had no choice but to purchase the Poseidon statue.

I felt like it was something more than aesthetics that coaxed me into being so persistent on buying the Aegir statue and I started doing some research on Aegir himself. Based on what I found, he definitely felt more right to me than Poseidon ever did.

Lastly, there's Branwen. Of all things, it started with a personality test! XD You know, one of those fun internet tests like "Which Game of Thrones character are you?" or "What character would you be in a horror movie?" This was a "Which Celtic god are you?" I ended up getting Branwen, who I was totally unfamiliar then, and it inspired me to look up information on her. I feel like the best way to describe it was meeting someone that you connect with on some level; someone you sympathize with. I thought it admirable the things she bared witness to and wasn't embittered by them. I wanted to be more like that, and I wanted to give her the love and appreciation that she went without in her life.

Recounting these experiences, it's kind of funny. Before all this, I always thought discovering your deity or deities involved a lot of soul searching and treacherous spiritual journeys, but then here I am just kind of accidentally meeting the deities I'm supposed to meet through very simple and unconventional means. 1h

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I have so many immortals in my life, and I seem to discover more connections all the time. I don't really have anyone I consider a patron deity, though, but who knows, perhaps one of them does. I have never asked.

I do know that I have familial connection to Finnish god Ukko, Aphrodite has been with me for all my life and probably in some form in my past lives as well, Väinämöinen is another close connection I have. Loki has chosen me, just like Amun. Circe is around and also Persephone. Achelois is related so she's around too, Helios is another connection I have.... There are other as well, lot of immortal energy in my life.

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

I am similar to Aurum with regards to not really having a Matron or Patron Deity.

warp traveler
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: my sprit sisters
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My magical/paranormal name...: Warp traveler
Zodiac:

Same it Aurum and Feranox, I don't have a Matron Or Patron Deity. Do the Immortals that I have contact it (manly Lady Naga Kanya, Lady Athena, Lord Hepustus, Lady Lilith, Lady Sekemth and the Jade Maidens) I consider them not just teachers and good advisers, but truest and loving friends and family <3 .

Also getting the 20 Immortal group biding from CH..... my Immortals are in the group a well new others... so.... lets see what appends.

I was raise Catholic, but I am human first and my religion/ philosophy's respect and dignity.

The Emperor Protects

The road is long.... take steps on at a time.... and you will travel to your destination in peace.

Mantra to ANGER CONTROL... Om Shante prashante sarve krodho pasha mani Swaha
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:I have so many immortals in my life, and I seem to discover more connections all the time. I don't really have anyone I consider a patron deity, though, but who knows, perhaps one of them does. I have never asked.

I do know that I have familial connection to Finnish god Ukko, Aphrodite has been with me for all my life and probably in some form in my past lives as well, Väinämöinen is another close connection I have. Loki has chosen me, just like Amun. Circe is around and also Persephone. Achelois is related so she's around too, Helios is another connection I have.... There are other as well, lot of immortal energy in my life.
Feranox wrote:I am similar to Aurum with regards to not really having a Matron or Patron Deity.
You can find out who is your 'patron' in terms of creation then? Some patron deities are very hands off but are influential anyway in a way you don't know such as Odin, who is said to want you to 'do things yourself' or have you pursue what you enjoy the most. I've been told that his a war and death god alongside wisdom, and the like but also likes people who pursue 'justice' because they can cause a stir in things which he likes to see for some reason too.

I got a reading and found out that my patron deity in terms of closeness to or relation to what 'pulled me to be' was him, but in terms of whom is the patron in terms of most 'influential' or what resonates most strongly to me is either Nemesis/Hecate.

There are some readings out there that can determine your patron deity but hopefully CH makes one too? What if yours is also a more 'passive' one who expects you to do things yourself including find them through own efforts, I mean who knows? There are many different deities out there and any can be, maybe even forgotten or unknown ones.

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

From what I know, it involves developing a very strong relationship with a certain deity through working with them extensively (depending on the situation and the deity, there could be tests they put you through while working with them), and if it gets to that point/you pass these tests, you might ask them if they would be your Patron/Matron. If they agree, then a dedication ritual is often performed to seal this.

That's how I know it, but it could come about differently for someone else.

Return to “Immortals”