Uuugggghhhhh

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I know, what a title for something in the critter section. But, it's been one of those days.

Yesterday I was putting my dogs into the garage/kennel for the evening so I could let the cats out to play. (My dog kennel runs the length of the house and is set up so that I can open the kennel door and one of the garage doors and they can run freely between garage and kennel. They're out on an electric fence during the day, and in the kennel or kennel/garage at night.)

One of my OH SO FREAKING PATRIOTIC > : ( neighbors was shooting their rifle (hmm, even though shooting isn't allowed in the HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FOR OBVIOUS FREAKING REASONS SUCH AS ALL HOUSES ARE WITHIN 50 FEET OF EACH OTHER AND THERE ARE CHILDREN RUNNING AROUND YOU IDIOT) and setting off fire works at the time, so my dogs were distressed by the noises. I was trying to go back into the house and my dog, Sally, was trying to get in. As I was trying to hold her to keep her from getting in, my other dog, Sprinkles, slipped in underneath the both of us.

Sprinkles in the house, and right there at the door, my cat, Spades. Sprinkles does not like cats. Spades does not like dogs. Sprinkles started barking at him, he scratched her then ran, she went after him. Luckily my sister was able to grab Sprinkles before anything else happened. Oh my Gods I thought I was about to watch my cat get ripped apart alive by my dog...

After getting Sprinkles out and making sure she wasn't hurt, then checking on Spades to make sure he wasn't hurt, I passed out on the living room floor. Literally. I passed out. Boom. Floor.

Now it's 4 a.m. and I've been up watching The Big Bang Theory since about 2. At 3 I heard the dogs fighting in the garage so I ran out and turned on the light to see what the freak was going on.

Cat. Cat in the garage. There is a freaking cat, in the garage, and my two dogs are circling it and barking and growling. I screamed for my sister then ran outside. She and I wrestled my dogs out and locked them in the kennel. The cat is one of my neighbors and was NOT hurt. We got him outside and gave him a big plate of food.

The cat had slipped in underneath the garage door, which is broken and not shutting right so when it closes it hovers from the ground about 5 inches.

So. Yeah. 2 times today, I thought I was going to see a cat get ripped apart alive by my dog(s).

I'm gonna speak with my vet about putting Sprinkles on an anxiety medication. This crap is ridiculous. -_-

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I feel for ya. I have three dogs here that no longer like cats after getting their heads hit by claws.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Sionnach
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
Zodiac:

What an eventful evening! Sounds like a lot of stress for everyone, humans and animals alike. Hope you're okay and that your rifle-shooting neighbour catches hell for breaking the rules.

Mostly though, I wanted to compliment your dog's name. 'Sprinkles' is the best name ever. xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

If I've said it once, I've said it a zillion times: it's we pet parents who need the nine lives. Desperately. Thank goodness there weren't any crisis visits to the vet. I was about to write "... there weren't any mishaps", but I think passing out on the floor qualifies as a mishap. I hope you didn't get too dented and dinged.

And as for the dunces who shoot weapons in places where they're not supposed to (or not ALLOWED to), BOOOO. They're the sort that don't deserve to have a weapon in the first place.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

That's intense. You're taking good care of those animals, don't forget to take care of yourself too Zero. Passing out isn't cool. But Big Bang Theory is.

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Ooohhhh, things got better.

So yesterday morning, about 7:30 (which was just 4 hours after the cat incident in the garage) I heard Sprinkles loosing her <<Removed by Mod>> in the garage. I go out to check. Sally was sleeping, Sprinkles wanted to play, she was mad because Sally wasn't getting up to play with her, so her solution is to scream and bark non-stop, the usual. So I got them each a rib and put their collars on to go outside for the day.

They each took their rib and went out to play, I went back inside to sleep. 20 minutes later, I hear Sprinkles absolutely loosing her <<Removed by Mod>> again. I go outside to see what's up. Sally had moved Sprinkles rib. Sally was chewing on her own, Sprinkles' was 3 feet away. Sprinkles could have so easily just picked it up and carried it away, Sally didn't care. No, instead, Sprinkles has to scream about it non-stop.

Right as I get close enough to see what's going on, Sprinkles jumped on Sally and clamped onto her throat and started attacking her! I had to break them up and thank the Gods neither of them were hurt. (let me make this more amusing and tell you guys that I was in nothing but a ratty T-shirt and boxer briefs. There is no hot to my mess.)

Sprinkles has never done that before (as far as I've ever been aware.) The worst she's ever done while I've had her was chasing cats, but she's never started a real fight before or seriously tried to hurt another animal. If Sally hadn't had her collar on when Sprinkles attacked her things would have been much worse before I managed to get them apart.

Sprinkles has a vet appointment tomorrow. Anxiety medicine is in her future, me thinks.

I hope what happened was just the result of all the stress caused be the two incidents with cats that day and also the fact that all the neighbors have been setting off fireworks for 5 freaking days. She's so sweet and loving, but just like people, stress and triggers can cause some bad reactions.

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

WHAT IS GOING ON BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA.

I've had my two dogs, Sally and Sprinkles, both for a year now. (Well, Sally for one year one month, Sprinkles for 11 months... close e-freaking-nough!)

In this year, up until a week and half ago, I haven't had ANY of these cat problems before. None, nothing. I've had and still have problems with other neighbors dogs. I've caught one of my neighbors trying to steal my dogs before. But these freaky cat problems? Uugggghhhhh.

Dogs were in the garage and kennel last night. Garage door is fixed. All doors closed and locked properly.

Freaking... 4:30 in the morning, woke up to hearing the dogs going insane. Grabbed a flashlight and tried looking out the window to see WTF was going on.

I could only see them, not what they were barking at. By the way they were acting I thought the neighbors aggressive dogs were up here trying to attack mine, again. So my sister and I head outside, me with my flashlight/taser, my sister with her pistol.

Went over and looked at the kennel, but, there is no freaking dog anywhere??? And then I saw there was a freaking KITTEN inside the kennel and that's what my dogs were barking at.

I ran into the garage, grabbed two leashes then ran into the kennel and had to freaking wrestle my dogs away from it.

Locked them in the garage then my sister and I went out to check the kitten. It had a few small bites wounds on its face, but luckily they weren't serious and those were the only injuries that I could find.

We carried the kitten out of the kennel, took it to the porch so we could clean it up and check for other injuries, but it jumped out of my arms and ran across the street over to a neighbors house (guessing it's theirs.)

Fair is fair, my dog Sprinkles got a few scratch marks on her face from the kitten.

I'm really not sure how this kitten got in there... There's one spot along the entire kennel where the gap between the walls is large enough for it to have crawled through, so I'm just gonna guess and say that's where it got in.

Oooohhh my Gods.... I'm just happy that I was able to carry the kitten out alive, instead of otherwise...

And THIS is exactly why I refuse to get my dogs de-barked. Because if something happens, how will I know???

Guys, I swear, I take good care of my animals. I do not enjoy this crap. -_-

I'm gonna write a book.

Empress M
neophyte
neophyte

Wow, sounds like you've had a LOT of stress lately.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Last night was the full moon, I notice incidents like this can amplify or get weird at full moons - especially with dogs.

Funny thing, Xer took our Jotunn out for a walk last night.. get a little ways up the street, a bunch of dogs push through a gate at the end of it and start chasing him. Poor little Jotunn gets out of his leash and.. runs home. Lol!
So no hurts for him, but it is a scary thing when neighbor-folk don't know how to control or keep an eye on their animals. Makes me kinda furious.

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Awwwe, poor Jotunn! I'm glad he wasn't hurt, though!

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”