Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

DIVINATION TOOLS

To start everyone should have one of the following (if you can); pendulum, runes, tarot, or pencil/pen. We are going to go over a brief overview of tips and ideas for using these tools in a basic divination environment.

You should cleanse any tool you use regularly; depending on how often you use the tool. If you use it all the time then you should clean it at least once a month to remove any normal, neutral or negative residual energy that accumulates. This does not clean away any of your own energy and will not affect the energy patina that forms around your tool.

You can cleanse your tool using this simple, cleansing spell. Hold the tool in your hand and recite:

"Whisked away the negative power
Through the light in all the hour
Quickly clean the slate becomes
Aligned we two again as one"

This cleansing spell provides an immediate dispersion of all negative energy and provides a quick alignment spell between you and your tool for greater interaction and accuracy.

A common fear is that you will influence the tool's movement or sway the tool's outcome. The best way to prevent this is to be in a calm state of mind, do not let your thoughts become clouded during your session, and you can place a shield of focused protection around you to keep outside (or inside) influences from impacting the results.

Protective barrier for non-interference, hold the tool in your hand and recite:

"Surrounded with a shield beyond
Keeping in all that is true
Aware of only the task at hand
Focused within my psychic view"

This will give you a temporary shield of energy that will keep outside sources from impacting you, and keeps your inside influences on the outcome to a minimum.

This invocation draws in Astral energy which can be used specifically for communication with Astral entities, spirits, and Immortals:

"Round the Universe traverse
To light and dark be known
Flooded through the Astral path
My body-conscious has grown"

The Astral invocation will provide you energy that will last up to several hours at a time. This can be very beneficial when you are wanting to work on a ritual or have a prolonged interaction with a spirit/entity, etc.

This invocation draws in Spiritual energy which can be used specifically for communciation with Spiritual Realm entities & spirits:

"In the haven Realm be found
The power of the second life
Your energy be pure and sound
The bond with those in your care"

It will provide you several hours of heightened, Spiritual energy that can provide you greater interaction and connectedness to any spirit. It is a simple and easy invocation that will create an immediate, spiritual atmosphere.

This invocation creates a prime environment for foresight and asking questions about yourself or loved ones for the future:

"Realms I ask you do not hide
What you hold in your care
On my honor as respect abides
Show me what you dare"

This will provide you several hours of greater sensitivity to receiving messages and connections with future events for whoever you ask the questions for.

You should always think of any path in Magick like a body unto itself. With Divination it is a body; you can choose to work one muscle in the body but it's better if you can work out the entire body. This is why learning how to work with multiple tools of Divination is the most rewarding and beneficial. If you only work with one tool you are only working out one muscle in the Divination body. You should be an expert in at least one tool, but know how to use multiple tools.

Pendulum

One of the most common tools to use for divination is a pendulum. Pendulums are a quick & easy way for you to ask "Yes" or "No" questions and receive answers. You will want to establish the circular swing of your pendulum for the answers. Hold the pendulum at the top of the suspending chain and ask a question you know the answer to. If you are someone who is anxious, fidgets, or twitches often you should support yourself by placing your elbow on a steady surface like a table. If you have a steady hand then you are fine to have your elbow suspended in the air.

You will want to proceed with the programming of your pendulum by asking a simple "Yes" question. For example, "Is my name (your name)?" watch the pendulum's rotation, this will establish your "Yes" rotation. If the pendulum rotates clockwise then you know every time the pendulum rotates clockwise the answer is "Yes". If the pendulum rotates counter-clockwise the answer is "No".

You will find, even if you are not a fan of the pendulum, the more you actively engage your tools and use them the more of a "paranormal portfolio" so-to-speak you build. You may have a strong pull to other types of divination tools but if you can take the time to use multiple types of tools in your interactions you will have better developed senses.

In the beginning, when you are first learning the pendulum, I would not ask profound questions that have a lot of importance for you. Because just as you learn any instrument you will need practice. You can start with a pendulum to establish connection and then move into another tool for further insight; like Runes or Tarot.

You should choose a pendulum that best suits you and you feel a kinship to. You can choose pendulums based on their metal, wood, or gemstone content if you have a specific need for using a specific element. However, this can become costly to have pendulums of every type to fill every genre of practice. In the beginning it's best to have a go-to pendulum that you work with for everything that you picked out because you like it; this creates a personal bond.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

My modem went out so I missed the chat party. I will definitely give this a try.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Awesome Chat Magnolia, always informative and fun!

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Sephiroth
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My magical/paranormal name...: sephiroth
Zodiac:

Ordered pendulum from CH couple of months ago and i received ( without asking ) lapis lazuli one . I love working with it and its my birthstone . Will try teese tips. Thx

WubbaLubbaDubDub
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

So for the invocations for astral and spiritual can you direct it to work with the spirit you choose, or does it open communication channels to any spirit/entity?

conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

Great info!
Will be referring to this often.
TQVM

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

::bump::

Bumping this thread for anyone who's recently asked about protected pendulum use for communication with their bound spirits.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Seminars”