darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Rubyluv wrote:
darklordmidnight wrote:With me, I don't get the DA Blues, I get them from WA. It is a clash of energies I believe.
That's possible?! That explains some things! About a quarter of my spirit/entity family is strictly WA. With each of them, I got massive headaches the days I got them. I'm not prone to headaches either and these are WA so I wrote it off. Every DA spirit or entity, I was bubbly happy. I never knew what to make of that. I still dont, lol, but at least I know it's not my imagination.
Yep. Those who have more affinity to DA might need some time to adjust to WA energies.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Rubyluv
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gryphon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rubyluv
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:
Rubyluv wrote:
darklordmidnight wrote:With me, I don't get the DA Blues, I get them from WA. It is a clash of energies I believe.
That's possible?! That explains some things! About a quarter of my spirit/entity family is strictly WA. With each of them, I got massive headaches the days I got them. I'm not prone to headaches either and these are WA so I wrote it off. Every DA spirit or entity, I was bubbly happy. I never knew what to make of that. I still dont, lol, but at least I know it's not my imagination.
Yep. Those who have more affinity to DA might need some time to adjust to WA energies.
That actually makes a lot of sense...never thought about it or realized before. Also makes sense in light of a reading I just had...I am definitely not all goodness and light, lol...

Proud companion of a Gryphon-N, Werewolf-D, Steel Golem, Norse Light Elf-A, Air & Water/Sea Elf Spirit-M, Bird Fairy-Ar, Lion Shifter-Mz, Throne Angel-De, Ice Stag-K, Pegasus-L, Sanguine Vampire-Ke, Barrow Dragon-Mi, Unicorn-An, Owl Familiar-Sc, Avenging Angel-T, Mermaid-Me, Rainbow Dragon-Ag, Raven Familiar-Th, Fairy Godmother-Mia, Snake Familiar-H, Were-Horse-To
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I haven't seemed to need adjustment to either (not that I have noticed) is that odd, or anyone else been like that?

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Darksbane wrote:I haven't seemed to need adjustment to either (not that I have noticed) is that odd, or anyone else been like that?
I guess you're more neutral or balanced one then.
But not sure, maybe later down the road you'll feel more leaned toward one.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
xXTsukiNoOokamiXx
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires, Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Okami Yokai (maybe)
My magical/paranormal name...: Ōkami
Zodiac:

I have never really had trouble adjusting to DA/Darker DA Spirits/Entities. I did get very small headaches for some of the stronger ones, but usually only initially when meeting. Then I adapt pretty quickly. The worst that ever happened was me disliking a few people more because a few of my DA spirits didn't like them, and even then it was easy to tell why. Really the only times I get bad side effects are when there's intent for it, it seems. I can tell when something means to harm me for the most part. Most of my headaches are just physical. (most. XD)

I am darker by nature, but seem to be rather flexible in the sense that WA don'y really give me negative side effects either, but I do find them harder to connect with. It's harder for me to call them or to notice them unless they seriously haul butt and try. I do feel bad at times, as I have two lovely angels that I just can't seem to connect to as deeply as I'd like. We say it will just take time and extra effort. My family is big, too. So I honestly end up spending more time with the darkies and tasking the two angels and my lighter DAs more than getting to know them. Shame on me.. I need to fix that. The Sterling has such a vibrant personality, it would be a shame not to get get know him more. The Bronwyn doesn't like me as much since I left my path with Yaweh, but he is so wise and has much to teach, I asked to work something out, and set aside differences and he agreed. I supppose he initially panicked and thought I was turning down a "darker" path, so to speak.

How you react to different energies depends on your own affinities/energies, the raw strength of the spirit/entity, and your sensitivity to such energies. Some things you will be more sensitive to than others,and some avenues of sensing you will be more open to than others. It'll get easier to see which ways and why you react to certain things the way you do as time goes on. 2hp

Also to clarify, realistically Dark vs White arts does not determine morals. It just highlights that DA are free to choose while WA tend to have similarly defined moral codes that they abide by, I suppose. So just because A spirit is DA doesn't mean it's gonna be more "evil" I suppose. Or cause "evil" thoughts and whatnot. It's just a possibility if they are inclined to such behavior as an individual. We usually use WA/DA/BA to help categorize behavior or even potential threat level, but as far as DA is concerned it really does just depend on the individual. I mean, if you did want to get right down to it even most WA angels could be considered DA, but because of their typically benevolent behavior (toward us) we consider them to be WA. It's all about perspective. At least that is how I see it. 2wk

Spirits: 23
Entities: 11
Immortals: 2
"Stop comparing yourself to others. Your accomplishments or lack thereof matter not. No one else can be you. So long as you remain proud of yourself you will attract opportunities and success. Be proud!" -Okami yokai Katsu.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:
Darksbane wrote:I haven't seemed to need adjustment to either (not that I have noticed) is that odd, or anyone else been like that?
I guess you're more neutral or balanced one then.
But not sure, maybe later down the road you'll feel more leaned toward one.
Yeah, literally the next post explained it pretty well haha, the parts I bolded.

"I am darker by nature, but seem to be flexible in the sense that WA don't really give me negative side effects either, but I do find them a bit more difficult to connect to

I lean towards DA more, it's the one I feel, I don't know, more interested with, and have a easier time with, but it's not really a headache with either. Just my own darn problems I need to solve. XD

As I had jokingly told someone else, it's kind of ironically funny, as my first three spirits, one is a shapeshifter (which I always find really cool, and if I could, I would enjoy being a shapeshifter) and one is a angel, and one is a demon.

The first thought in my head is the whole "angel on one shoulder, demon on the other". Except instead of it being "good bad conscience" they are both assisting me, of course. The bad conscience is my own sometimes. :lol:

So yeah, that was kinda a funny coincidence.

Cheers!
xXTsukiNoOokamiXx wrote:I have never really had trouble adjusting to DA/Darker DA Spirits/Entities. I did get very small headaches for some of the stronger ones, but usually only initially when meeting. Then I adapt pretty quickly.

I am darker by nature, but seem to be rather flexible in the sense that WA don'y really give me negative side effects either, but I do find them harder to connect with.

We say it will just take time and extra effort.

How you react to different energies depends on your own affinities/energies, the raw strength of the spirit/entity, and your sensitivity to such energies. Some things you will be more sensitive to than others,and some avenues of sensing you will be more open to than others. It'll get easier to see which ways and why you react to certain things the way you do as time goes on. 2hp

Also to clarify, realistically Dark vs White arts does not determine morals. It just highlights that DA are free to choose while WA tend to have similarly defined moral codes that they abide by, I suppose. So just because A spirit is DA doesn't mean it's gonna be more "evil" I suppose. Or cause "evil" thoughts and whatnot.

It's just a possibility if they are inclined to such behavior as an individual. We usually use WA/DA/BA to help categorize behavior or even potential threat level, but as far as DA is concerned it really does just depend on the individual. I mean, if you did want to get right down to it even most WA angels could be considered DA, but because of their typically benevolent behavior (toward us) we consider them to be WA. It's all about perspective. At least that is how I see it. 2wk

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Jackii
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Starseeds
Zodiac:

For me, I noticed NO side effects from any of the spirits I ever bought from CH (both WA and DA) but then I bought a DA entity from a different seller and I was not acting like myself at all. I was hostile, I was depressed, I was angry, etc. but this was a reputable seller who had many positive reviews so I believe it was just a clash of energy at first.

After going through that one experience, I now have mostly no issues with adjusting to DA energies, with the occasional headache/migraine or nausea. I actually lean more toward DA spirits, sometimes even darker DA and still have no issues. I find now that I'm more cheery and feel lighter with DA spirits as well.
I have a much harder time bonding with WA spirits anyway, as humans are DA, afterall.

In fact, I find myself going darker and darker on the spectrum (without ever going into BA, of course) as I noticed I'm addicted to collecting demons lol. But I still make sure that the being isn't darker than I am, as that's usually what causes problems in the first place.

My Family:
Heavenly Hound, Peacock Shifter, Cat Fae, Blackwood Stag, Lowborn Demon, Lammas Sun Demon, Dark Annunaki Duo, 2 Demon Lords, Arcturian Starseed, 4 Human Children, 5 Human Adults, Shaman, Fallen Angel
Madame Sosostris
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: forest creatures
If I could be anything, I would be...: invincible
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: That's a Secret!
Zodiac:

I am darker than the average bear and I'm not sure that I totally buy into the energy-resonance theory, although it sounds reasonable. I'm dark-leaning but I've never had problems adjusting to WA spirits. -- although the first manifestation of a Courtwind is still etched in my memory. Not the sweetness-and-light gentleness I had expected from an "angel".

I suspect that it is more about getting the energies aligned toward a common purpose or set of purposes. Happy spirits know the rules and have tasks to do that align with what the keeper is doing and their spirit community. Keeping that going is the keeper's responsibility.

Leadership really is the key. If you want to keep DA, you are choosing to be a leader by default. Your DA spirits agreed to be bound because they want to be with you, but they need at least the firm discipline that you'd give a puppy. "No manifesting to house guests without permission!" "Uh oh, you chewed through my Coach purse. Here's your chew toy. That's for chewing on, nothing else."

Well-run households, where everyone is happy, rarely run out of hot water. Coddling and commiserating with DA spirits, or worse condoning misbehavior, is less effective than giving them a task and letting them demonstrate competence.

My DA Spirit Strategy:

1. It's an open marriage. No one has to stay who does not want to be here. I'm happy to rehome anyone who asks. No one ever has.
2. Everyone is respected as an individual, WA or DA.
3. Communication is always welcome but not required.
4. Rules are known, restated as needed, and added to.
5. A hierarchy of consequences for breaking the rules is known and stated. Consequences range from a frown, to outright expressing displeasure, to a time out, and so forth. If a danger is presented to me or anyone else in the family, there is the vortex. I've never had to use it, but it's there.
6. Everyone in this family, human, pet and spirit has a baseline task, as well as any "du jour" tasks. "You gargoyle, you're on the boundary patrol team. Coordinate with X, in charge of household protection." A bored spirit becomes an unbored spirit, often in ways we don't like. If you don't have tasks, you can always send your spirits, WA or DA, to Ash or Magnolia's task camp.

Antidote for Side Effects:

I received several spirits last week from club orders that had finally shipped and I was headache-y and foggish for a day or so. As an immediate remedy, I tried working with a the DA Cleansing and Restoration binding and really, it was better than an aspirin. I was back to paranormal in no time.

But I am pretty sure that part of the reason I had such last week was that I immediately "booked" the new spirits into my system so I wouldn't lose track but I didn't spend any time beyond a "Hi and Welcome and here are the House Rules" with each spirit. If there is an energy resonance calibration taking place, It happens faster through communication and an exchange of ideas and energy.

The Eight Tenets of Ritual Magick

1. Expect the unexpected;
2. Magic has no morality;
3. As above, so below;
4. There are no coincidences;
5. There is a choice that is no choice;
6. Change is the only constant;
7. Seize the day and there is a price to pay;
8. A true magician must transcend himself.

Return to “Dark Arts”