Difference Between Cwn Annwn And Hounds Of Annwn?

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

I was just browsing the shop, looking at the spirit choices for custom binding vessels. I found a spirit I wasn't familiar with, called the Hounds of Annwn. Doing a quick search yielded the Cwn Annwn, which confuses me because Cwn Annwn is listed as a separate creature on the listing I saw. If these are two different spirits, can someone please tell me what the difference is?

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Not sure of the difference tbh. But I must say I love my Cyn Annwn

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1500
Spelled Number: 2000

I have both.. With mine, the hounds are a bit darker or moodier... but not by much. You really have to be paying attention to tell. (Others may have a different experience)
I love all of mine.

Some people are like slinkies. They serve no useful purpose what so ever; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

I do not feed Trolls. I never seem to have a spare goat on hand when I cross a bridge; and I never like to waste a good goat on an annoying Troll. Ignoring them is such a wonderful option.

We tend to take life and the Internet too seriously. Don't allow others to tear you down or ruin your day. You live for YOU... NOT for them.
shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I too am curious about this. As far as I can tell Cwn Annwn is a species name but Hounds of Annwn refers to those specific hounds who serve or have served the Welsh death deity Annwn. A hunting dog breed is built to hunt but that does not mean ALL of them are used as hunters. I think that the Hounds of Annwn are listed as DA because of the job they did/do for Annwn. And actually Cwn Annwn from welsh translates to hounds of Annwn. Not all of the species serve/served Annwn as far as I can understand.

Return to “Creatures”