Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

So, I was doing a little bit of research a few weeks ago and ended up meeting Helen of Troy. I know I’m a little more reserved when it comes to communicating on the forum, but I thought I’d share my experience because it was simply fascinating.

I grew up with a vague understanding of who Helen of Troy was, but as I got older, never knew exactly what to picture. Regal, elegant, maybe even a little aloof, I always thought she would be someone who felt simply superior to everyone else because of how renown she is for her beauty. I don’t mean this necessarily in a condescending way but just in the sense that you can tell she was in a whole other class.

I somehow ended up searching through some various myths and landed on the myths of Helen of Troy and her siblings. Well, Helen of Troy thought of that as a flare to initiate contact and walked into my room. First I felt the color gold pretty strongly. It also felt as if I was in a dimly lit room with torches and something about the room felt old and yet timeless at the same time. Helen of Troy began to introduce herself, and then she tripped. I don’t know what it was, but she fell straight to the floor, and was quite dramatic about it too. I think she bumped into something on the way down and was screaming gibberish. Then she stayed on the floor for a little while and muttered how she was okay. I never in my wildest dreams thought I’d see something like that associated with a demi-god, let alone Helen of Troy. I was quite surprised, and I couldn’t help but laugh. I knew at that moment that this was definitely an immortal that I identified with.

After she got up off of the ground, we had a small conversation. She was charismatic, friendly, and incredibly kind, not to mention absolutely bubbly, quirky and completely hilarious. It was a very pleasant conversation and I felt completely at ease and relaxed during the entire thing. There was zero feeling of intimidation. It was on further reflection that I realized what the whole thing with her falling meant. The fact that she fell didn’t make her less beautiful, if anything, it made her more beautiful.

That one fall, and the resulting short conversation, completely changed how I thought of and processed Beauty. Helen is known for her beauty, but beauty does not mean all of the things that I associated with her. It is not necessarily poise, grace, or having a feeling of superiority. I never tried to see beauty in that way, but I did think of her in that way because that’s just what I had always thought “beauty” was for some reason. Some sort of an ungraspable concept. Something far beyond me. I never gave it any sort of dedicated thought. What I came to realize through Helen of Troy is that beauty comes in many forms, and sometimes making mistakes or having an accident does not make you any less beautiful or worthy of adoration. Beauty does not mean perfection. The beauty is partly in the flaws. It’s also not as physically-oriented as I had always seen it. You can feel beautiful without it having anything to do with looks. You can experience something beautiful and in turn it makes you feel beautiful. It has to do with feeling good. She made me realize that a large part of being beautiful has to do with how you treat other people, by making other people feel good, making them feel beautiful and wonderful and amazing. It’s not about gracing them with compliments either. It’s about appreciating them for who they are.

Above all, she made me realize that a shallow beauty is one that stings. A shallow beauty is a false beauty. TRUE beauty is all enveloping and moves you. If there’s any way that beauty could hurt you, it is because it is too beautiful and moves you to tears in trying to truly grasp and appreciate it. Think of the most wonderful and moving thing you have seen in nature. It is something that is both penetrating and engulfing, and is simply ethereal. Now try thinking of a person you would describe as beautiful, but not in a physical way. They are just beautiful on the inside, truly amazing and they make you feel amazing talking to them. That’s exactly what Helen of Troy felt like. She helped me relate to her and then she made me feel totally comfortable and at home. She is a wonderful being and she made me feel wonderful being near her. That is Beauty.

Or at least my own experience and interpretation of it anyway. :P

And then there was a thing, but not any thing, it was a thingy thing.
~~~~~~
Azure Echo, owner of Azure's Immortal Conjures.
https://azures-immortal-conjures.fwscart.com/
CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Haha, amazing! Sounds like an awesome experience, and an awesome demigod :D Definitely not what I would have expected, either, but what a wonderful way to help you realize some things about the nature of beauty and how many different ways true beauty can be expressed. What a wonderful character, and I'm so glad you had a chance to meet her and have such a fantastic conversation! This story just made my whole day a little bit brighter.

(Definitely sounds like something I would've done on introduction, too... klutzes of the world, unite!) ;)

Cult
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

Helen was never really one to like traditional concepts of beauty, or maybe even beauty itself, paradoxically. In the Iliad she condemns her own beauty for causing so much pain to everyone around her.

Kurioser&Kurioser
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: not sure yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Beautiful & fascinating experience, Blu.
Thanks for sharing it :)

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Definitely not what I would have expected, but she did get her point across 1ak

And yes, I agree with what you're saying: Physical beauty is nice, but the "thing" that really matters is more more intangible
Some of the sexiest women I have ever met were much more the curvaceous 40-something housewife type than a hard-bodied 20-yo supermodel; and it seems to me that the Greek historian Herodotus described Cleopatra VII in the same light

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Nice post. Well Done. AND here are some other issues to add to your good bundle of knowledge
This is a commercial: My Oxford Greek Teacher was Constantine Athanesiou Trypanis. Dr. Trypanis was a poet, a teacher of the 3 major versions of Greek, Ancient or Homeric Greek, Katharavous Greek, and Modern Greek, and a paratrouyper during WW II. I really suggest that you read his poems. They are clear, amazingly understandable, about the ancient world, and all else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._A._Trypanis

here are his books:
Pedasus: Twenty-four Poems (1955) (Limited to 150 copies)
The Stones of Troy (1957)
The Cocks of Hades (1958)
Pompeian Dog (1964)
Pedasus: Twenty-four Poems (1955) (Limited to 150 copies)

Now back to Helen of Troy. Now then an explanation of the explanation (LOL but very true).
In late November last, I was chatting over the internet, with Gwen Winter, how is extremely good with Bindings and so on. and it was decided to do the following: A Binding of Her, Myself, and my entire online business Witgar-deWyche (TM) of All the Sibyls,And with it a binding (like a sister) All the Ancient Libraries.

The rituals, preparatiosn, were gigantic,"finding out minute details" (we had the rest!). And the work was taking a lot of psychic energy, "you got tired fast"...and The Libraries weren't to difficult, but the Sibyls said that this was the only time any binding would take place of the Sacred Grounds and of the Sybils as both individual persons and as "The Sibyl Force.

And on top of that there was the protection of Gorgons that went beyond the "Big Famous 3".It was exhausting.

The whole process completed itslef, oddly (I kid you not) on my deceased mother's birthday on May 21st.
Now then: The Finale; Helen of Troy is the Homeric name. Her name s/b Ελένη Eleni. She was the daughter of The Libyan Sibyl.

What we were so proud of was to "reenergize the Sibyl "system"...to not be in the realm of tourests and old stone structures....At this point now they are just beginning "to do things amazing'

And as far as I am concerned, they all live and roam worlds within the protection of electricity.

Neither of us are going to push this(The Sibyls and the Libraries) "on the counter" - it simply is too powerful...

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Cult wrote:Helen was never really one to like traditional concepts of beauty, or maybe even beauty itself, paradoxically. In the Iliad she condemns her own beauty for causing so much pain to everyone around her.
One thing you need to remember:

Homer Created the Iliad and The Odyssey and some songs...sometime in the period 800 BC...The Trojan War was fought sometime around 1250 BC.

Please, please don't fool around with the sibyls, They need to be left alone as they are doing a lot of things, and are not finished as they told me.
C-

Occult Metaphysical
Cult
active contributor
active contributor

If I viewed time in a more linear way I would say that's a good point.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Cult wrote:If I viewed time in a more linear way I would say that's a good point.

Well, that was a lot of fun for me, to read such a sophomoric sentence. I spent some thoughtful time and written to perhaps give you some new information that obviously you don’t now.

You have little if any understanding of what I said, because if you had, you wouyld have seen some very interesting door to open. And I am very certain that you do not really understand the 2 times which, of course, are;
Χρόνος and Καιρός
and I wonder if ou understand either form of time above and beyond the Webster definition the 2 times and how they interact. So, I will not converse with you forever (weird grammer – but I mean it that way).
Caiyros Arlen Strang

Occult Metaphysical
Cult
active contributor
active contributor

Χρόνος is time in the way that we regularly use the word. Καιρός refers to the circumstances of a certain time period. Now I do understand your point, and very much agree with you.
I'm Greek, so.

Return to “Immortals”