venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Salt lamps. For ionizing the air. It's good for the air, and for us, right? Course. And that's the only reason why we have them, right? Cour-.....

Well; as everything else in this damn house, it has a double purpose. XD

Large chunks of rock salt, in each (most) room of the house (still acquiring some)

Hmmmmmm...... Anti portal/spirit sort of idea I bet.

Just read about it on the accidentally opening portals thread, (which says you can't actually do that thank goodness) to use salt in each corner of a room to help minimize portal openings.

Large chunks of salt being heated to give off ions. Yep sounds accurate.

I'm gonna approach her and see what she has to say about it. XD As I said, I'm keeping a low radar, but will show "generalized" interest once in a while. But I mostly talk about other things 98% of the time.

Anyways, so yeah, that was a interesting conclusion,

Cheers!

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Well, my spirits say I know as well as they do that's likely one of the purposes the lamps are there for. No need to poke the sleeping dragon, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

But still, lol!

And it's interesting, as there is to be one salt lamp for each of our bedrooms, for us to keep.

Hmmm..... She never mentioned the paranormal when it came to those lamps, but the fact she really really wanted my brother to take it with him to his new place... Yeah, I think the dots line up.

Don't have a salt lamp of my own yet, but when she gets one, I think I will have to keep in mind spirits and salt are like oil and water. They don't mix too well often.

No wonder she adamantly always wants them on, mostly after the sun goes down. Huh

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1500
Spelled Number: 2000

I have salt lamps here... never had any issues with them interfering with spirits or portals. In fact, it seems to have the opposite effect for us. We have "paranormal things" happening several times a week (scents, sounds, light flashes, orbs, partial to full body manifestations, touches, things moving by themselves and so on).. so I would hate to see what would happen if the salt lamps do block some of it and we were to remove them.

Our largest salt lamp (electrical) stays on all the time until the bulb blows.. then it gets a new bulb and re-lit. The smaller ones are for candles and are only lit when I feel like lighting them.

Some people are like slinkies. They serve no useful purpose what so ever; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

I do not feed Trolls. I never seem to have a spare goat on hand when I cross a bridge; and I never like to waste a good goat on an annoying Troll. Ignoring them is such a wonderful option.

We tend to take life and the Internet too seriously. Don't allow others to tear you down or ruin your day. You live for YOU... NOT for them.
DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23

Thought even if they would have a dual porpoise like that it mite not effect the ones bound to you.I remember not only reading about how some fay are less effected by things like salt and iron(salt is actually labeled as a herb under the centicor's page in the encyclopedia as a means of connection) but I also think somewhere on here or the encyclopedia that other spirits wouldn't care much if they're with you like werewolves not likening sunlight but aren't effected by it unless you purposefully leave their vessel out on it's own.

Plus the relaxing nature of a salt lamp may help with things like meditation which is a benefit to you and your spirits not a hindrance the last time I checked.Not to menchen if it keeps unbound spirits like the malishis shadows that fead off your gf's negitiveity that she needed protection from out as well as keeping portals to even worse negitive things from opening it may be good to go with the advice since when you look at it it's still beneficial even if it's ment to keep spirits out. That's my thought and considering how protection is something that you can't have to much of looking at some things on here haveing some free added protection shouldn't be that bad.

Blessed be

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

CatLoafCreations wrote:I have salt lamps here... never had any issues with them interfering with spirits or portals. In fact, it seems to have the opposite effect for us. We have "paranormal things" happening several times a week (scents, sounds, light flashes, orbs, partial to full body manifestations, touches, things moving by themselves and so on).. so I would hate to see what would happen if the salt lamps do block some of it and we were to remove them.

Our largest salt lamp (electrical) stays on all the time until the bulb blows.. then it gets a new bulb and re-lit. The smaller ones are for candles and are only lit when I feel like lighting them.
Pleased to read that there doesn't seem to be a problem with salt lamps then.
I have one next to me now on the table.....about a foot tall and weighs a ton!! It is sitting on a flat marble base. It's a rough hewn one and looks to me like a giant crystal.
Must remember to switch it on more often though.....don't like to leave it on 24/7 just in case there is an electrical problem when I'm asleep!!

I used to know things
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thank you all for the replies, and I agree, the lamps have never caused any problems with my spirits as far as I am aware,
I was just well aware that my mother doesn't like portals (or so she says) as they are a hassle to close etc, and so I could see her using salt lamps to discourage that sort of thing.

I do think that it doesn't hinder purposely contacted spirits or portals, it just helps tone down random ones possibly. I have no clue, was just making a guess.

Thank you all, and I do agree, salt lamps all in all are positive :) Just sharing another titbit haha.

@DualWanderer indeed, salt can be considered a herb in the fashion of how it is used, even it isn't a plant lol.

Cheers!

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

releasing charged ions in the air is actually beneficial to spirit contact. As the spirits can draw on them to manifest in a stronger way.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

darklordmidnight wrote:releasing charged ions in the air is actually beneficial to spirit contact. As the spirits can draw on them to manifest in a stronger way.
Thanks Kelis.
I'm turning my lamp on now then...I need all the help I can get 1la

Sorry to read that you were ill by the way...glad you are on the mend.

I used to know things
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darklordmidnight wrote:releasing charged ions in the air is actually beneficial to spirit contact. As the spirits can draw on them to manifest in a stronger way.
Ooh really? Awesome! I'll keep that in mind hahaha, now I do want to acquire a lamp even more so :lol:

Hope you are feeling better DLM. :hug:

Return to “Today I found out...”