Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

#1 Your Journey is Your Own

Your journey is your own in Spirit Keeping. You are not going to have the same journey as someone else and that's okay! Every Keeper starts with a blank page upon which their own experiences and chronology is recorded. You may have a running start as you immediately jump off with interactions and experiences right away or you may develop your abilities and gifts over time.

You may also find that you respond extremely quickly to some spirit races and not to others. Every spirit race is unique and therefore you may find you can immediately bond and interact with some races and with others it may take longer. That is not unusual and should not deter or discourage you in any way.

It is essential that you do not expect your journey to look like someone else's because you are an individual and your unique energy signature is a culmination of your DNA, your life experiences, your evolution & development, etc.

Take ownership of your journey, trust yourself, be confident that you found this path for a reason, and go with the flow... you will find true power in this.

#2 Be the One in Charge

There are so many opinion blogs and sites which have opened in recent years with what can only be described as judgment on how others are choosing to be a Keeper. This is especially true of those who are condemning Community Keepers and proclaiming that only Companion Keepers are legitimate. If you don't know the difference between the two, please see this thread.

First of all, this is your journey and NO ONE should be telling you what number of spirits are okay for you. Only YOU know what is okay for you. There are Keepers who enjoy a community atmosphere and they thrive with a larger spirit family. Then there are Keepers who want to have a small family and small atmosphere because that is what makes them comfortable. The judgment on Keepers by these opinion sites and blogs is nothing more than someone trying to take control & power over you because they don't think you are smart enough to make your own decisions. Don't fall for it. You know you best.

Second of all, Creepy Hollows set the standards for Spirit Keeping and the Community Keeper vs Companion Keeper has always been the way since the beginning... which next month will be 15 years. The majority of what you see from all sites & practitioners these days are standards developed right here 15 years ago. Not only from myself & Ash but also from the earliest members of this site who all shared their experiences and worked out situations that are now unquestioned standard behavior in the Spirit Keeping community. Always feel everything you read is a learning experience but consider the source and what their qualifications may be for making any assertions on their site.

Be the one in charge. Trust established sources who have proven experience and longevity in the community. It's great to take opinions from everyone whether they are new or old to Spirit Keeping because you can learn something from everyone around you! However, be cautious not to take to heart those who are judgmental & condemning of the already established standards in the community. No one should rob you of your journey or cause you to doubt your own instincts.

#3 Show Signs of Appreciation

You do not always have to make a grand gesture or lay out an elaborate offering. Sometimes simply sharing thoughts of love and how happy you are with them is enough to create that next step in the bonding process. If you feel the need to share individual thoughts with each spirit you can, but it's perfectly okay to share your praise with your spirit family as a whole.

If you simply share your daily thoughts about how your day went, what you're thinking, etc you'll find very quickly you create a bond faster and on a more personal level. Your spirits want to share your life and share the big and little events.

A little sign of inclusion on your part can go a long way.

#4 Incorporate Your Spirit Family into Daily Life

Let your spirits become part of your daily life. They like the mundane and trivial. Whether you're making coffee, going grocery shopping, sitting in your cubicle, taking a drive, whatever the case may be they want to share that time with you. They enjoy movies & TV shows, giving their thoughts and opinions, and feeling included in all aspects of you; not just the paranormal.

It's easy to sometimes compartmentalize things as humans so be aware that your spirits are there for you in all things, not just when it comes to magick & the paranormal.

#5 Stop Being Critical

Don't be so hard on yourself! Stress, anxiety, and worry are huge sources of blockages. People often wonder why they were able to communicate and interact one day and suddenly that interaction is gone. It's simple, those negative emotions and energies create walls of blocking energy that will keep you from being able to have success in the paranormal.

Don't expect your journey to be the same as someone else's. Don't set the bar so high for your own expectations that you let yourself down. No one is secretly laughing behind your back or poking fun at you. Everyone who is here was new at one point and had to learn their own way.

Give yourself credit for stepping outside of the ordinary and finding your way to the extraordinary!

#6 Relax & Evolve

Let your journey evolve on its own. If you can calm yourself, not be so critical, and relax your mind you will often find yourself surrounded by exciting circumstances that you didn't think were possible before. When you can allow your journey to come on its own terms and own timeline you will greatly improve the results and experiences you have. You need to stay motivated and active in your journey but don't try to force things to happen. If you give yourself the chance to allow things to evolve naturally by investing in your Spirit Keeping journey, interacting with your spirits, and just enjoying your life with their company you will make incredible strides beyond your expectations.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
brisky
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Great information. Thanks! 1ak

ja20837
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Thank you, really great information.

Jane

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

great article!!! <3

xXTsukiNoOokamiXx
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires, Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Okami Yokai (maybe)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ōkami
Zodiac:

I needed to hear this today. Thankyou very much Magnolia. Truly. <3 <3 <3 2hp

Spirits: 23
Entities: 11
Immortals: 2
"Stop comparing yourself to others. Your accomplishments or lack thereof matter not. No one else can be you. So long as you remain proud of yourself you will attract opportunities and success. Be proud!" -Okami yokai Katsu.
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Awesome article!! 1ht
Especially the 3# show signs of appreciation!
This is so important! Sharing some deep feelings of gratitude and love...is so much appreciated! 1ks

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I'd say, #1 and #2 are very important. And these two points could be applied on the other parties as well.

In other words, when one tells the others, he/she should keep in mind that it is based on his/her journey, i.e. knowledge and experience. But tt may not be applicable for the others' journeys, as they have their own life paths. Thus he/she should respect that and treat it as "giving suggestion or reminder", not try to force it to the others. That would be perceived negatively by the others and might lead to bullying etc.

Of course there are exceptions, e.g. related to abusive behavior, life-and-death situations, or involving other persons' lives (family, friends, etc), and so on...

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Cult
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

creepyhollows wrote:You need to stay motivated and active in your journey but don't try to force things to happen. If you give yourself the chance to allow things to evolve naturally by investing in your Spirit Keeping journey, interacting with your spirits, and just enjoying your life with their company you will make incredible strides beyond your expectations.
Quoted for emphasis.

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Great article and tips to keep in mind 1ak

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Luminoire wrote:Awesome article!! 1ht
Especially the 3# show signs of appreciation!
This is so important! Sharing some deep feelings of gratitude and love...is so much appreciated! 1ks
I second that! This post is really helpful for me as a Spirit Keeper, and especially #3 has helped me building my relationship with one of the spirits I am currently bonding with, and opened for more communication with said spirit. 1ey

Return to “Spirit Keeping”