Slavic Only?

Resources and links to information on vampires.
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

2hp

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:Slavs are the peoples of:
Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Belarus, Slovakia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Macedonia, and Montenegro. In other words, basically Western Europe.
Funny how this doesn't include Romania (Transylvania), usually thought of as a homeplace of vampires lol! So someone restricting it to Slavic only is sadly misinformed. Quite ignorant, really.

Genealogy can be fascinating, especially if you get the funds to do DNA testing.
But don't let it worry you about how it might limit your connection to spirits.
And then of course there are the In Your Blood readings from CH, which sadly aren't discounted anymore. Save up your points for gift certificates I guess.

Cordially speaking, I have to disagree with you, for a very simple reason The Romanians were part of the Hungarian empire, and at another time was largely controlled by spain, so it has to be true that there was much intermarriage. Personally, I don'think anyone on this planet has pure blood narrowly defined. What is used most of the time (and I am sure that we all use this), we have complex, direct, and/or multi-direct patterns of ancestry.

Also, I firmly believe that where we live (in geographics, determines much from spirits and from genes...
So I see this as a mute question....Example those people in ROmania who have a long ancestry back in time are part Roman...and during that time many Romans were blended with Greek and to a much lesser degree various tribal groups as well.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Right, I think we agree actually, Romanians are not Slavs, correct?
And yeah, no such thing as "pure blood," especially now.
Someone is just being discouraging towards Darksbane for no good reason.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:Yep, there are Chinese vamps, Scottish vamps (Baobhan Sith), Mayan vamps (camazotz), vamp clans from around the world, astral vamps, etc.
Adding: Vetala (India), Manananggal (Philippine), Book of the Dead vampire (Egypt), and ancient ones such as Aqua vampire and the bat and spider vampires

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:Slavs are the peoples of:
Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Belarus, Slovakia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Macedonia, and Montenegro. In other words, basically Western Europe.
Funny how this doesn't include Romania (Transylvania), usually thought of as a homeplace of vampires lol! So someone restricting it to Slavic only is sadly misinformed. Quite ignorant, really.
Wow, I didn't realize there was that many. XD I agree, and it's annoying, as that misinformation filters down to me. But thankfully I can ask you all :)
Lokakisa wrote:Genealogy can be fascinating, especially if you get the funds to do DNA testing.
But don't let it worry you about how it might limit your connection to spirits.

And then of course there are the In Your Blood readings from CH, which sadly aren't discounted anymore. Save up your points for gift certificates I guess.
Yeah, and perhaps one day I will, I do agree it is fascinating :D

Oh I wasn't worried about it limiting my connection, that was not actually a thought that went through my mind, I'm pretty sure that bloodlines would not reduce the strength of connections at all. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Yep, I will save, haha, and invest, etc. I'll acquire my own stable income eventually, and be able to look into these things. ^_^ May take time, but it's worth it the wait.

Aurum wrote: And yes, as otheres have stated,you don't need to have Slavic ancestry to have Vampire in your blood. I have Sanguine Vampire in my bloodline and at least to my knowledge, I have no Slavic blood in me.
Indeed, and thank you all for informing me, it has been a great help, and I'm glad to know this now. :)

After this post I'll hop over to another area of the forum and inquire about werewolves and demons, due to a couple of coincidences. XD

I do find this topic of history lines quite a interesting one, and I'm glad I posted ^_^
The Styx Group wrote:Personally, I don'think anyone on this planet has pure blood narrowly defined. What is used most of the time (and I am sure that we all use this), we have complex, direct, and/or multi-direct patterns of ancestry.

Also, I firmly believe that where we live (in geographics, determines much from spirits and from genes...
So I see this as a mute question....Example those people in ROmania who have a long ancestry back in time are part Roman...and during that time many Romans were blended with Greek and to a much lesser degree various tribal groups as well.

Caiyros
Lokakisa wrote:Right, I think we agree actually, Romanians are not Slavs, correct?
And yeah, no such thing as "pure blood," especially now.
Someone is just being discouraging towards Darksbane for no good reason.
I can agree; and besides, pure anything (especially human) seems "normal". And normal sounds boring to me. :P

And now that I think about it, normal is the new "abnormal" as there is more of what people consider abnormal, than there is "normal". XD

And yeah, in general there has been a lot of discouragement. I have a few guesses why, but I can't pinpoint why. *sigh*

But I won't let it stop me. :)
darkwing wrote:
Lokakisa wrote:Yep, there are Chinese vamps, Scottish vamps (Baobhan Sith), Mayan vamps (camazotz), vamp clans from around the world, astral vamps, etc.
Adding: Vetala (India), Manananggal (Philippine), Book of the Dead vampire (Egypt), and ancient ones such as Aqua vampire and the bat and spider vampires
Hahaha, nice to see you Darkwing. :D

All in all, things are moving along, and I'll just keep a open ear, but I'm going to refer to the amazing people like you guys, on here, before taking anything as fact. As always, I'll try to find my own ways of discovering if I can, through my own experiences, but I do believe you all here are a more valid source of info than... other places. :)

Thank you all, and cheers!

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
no name
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: no anwer
If I could be anything, I would be...: no answer
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: no answer

Since the end of the last century, there were also lots of people from German origin in Transylvania, which is called Siebenbuergen in German. Till the day of today, they have their own newspaper in German.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Huh that is interesting! Thank you for your input Lucyseward :)

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.

Return to “Vampire Information”