Slavic Only?

Resources and links to information on vampires.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I know vampires originated in the Slavic area (or so I'm told) but does that mean you have to have Slavic blood to be part vamp? Like, in the ancestry, as humans aren't really human, as Ash quoted.

Due to in history, different species intermingling and maybe trying to hide from humans, they bred with etc blah blah you get the idea.

So the concept of being part vamp, does that mean your family has to trace back to the Slavic Union?

(that's the name of the country right? I really hope I got that right, otherwise I look stupid lol)

As I know I have no Slavic blood in me whatsoever, but the terminology of being part vamp wouldn't surprise me. Then again, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, literally.

You see, I'm trying to find a bit about who I am (I know there are sessions that can be done, but I don't have the current income to support that) and I think there might be some werewolf or vamp in the history. More likely werewolf than vamp the more that I think about it.

Guess I'll ask about werewolves in a different thread later once I'm a bit more awake. I'm a night owl, what can I say? XD

Cheers!

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hi there,
Ancestry is very interesting!!

A couple of points here from a non expert ...who would be me lol.

I think it is quite a broad statement to say that you have no Slavic blood in you whatsoever.
When I say that I am referring to other lives you may have lived and not just referring to your "current" bloodline from this life.
There are hundreds of millions of Slavs in the world and have spread to all the corners of the world.
The Slav heartland is of course central and eastern Europe which will include western Russia.
"European Russia" extends to the Ural mountains which is a north/south mountain range and an effective divider of eastern and western Russia.

Also, I wouldn't say that vampires "originated" anywhere here on this earth.
Surely there realm of creation is/was elsewhere?
The children of Lilith?

But I know what you mean by it, there are strong links and enduring mythologies between vampires and the Slavic world.

There isn't a "Slavic union" by the way.
Slavic people generally have a strong sense of identity, I know that first hand as I have Slavic relatives.

As with all races and sub races some people are more easier to spot than others due to their facial characteristics.
Anna Kournikova, the retired tennis player for example is a Slav and no two ways about it !
You may be surprised what comes through when you can get a reading done and if there is a vampire in your ancestry the individual will be named and you will get a brief bio from CH.

In this current life, I am of Celtic blood with no obvious Slavic connection but I have a vampire in my blood as well as a Celtic immortal.
In another incarnation I was also a silver dragon ::dragons:: ::dragons:: ::dragons::
I have always loved German Shepherd dogs....I was one once too !!

These readings are fascinating and I wish you well in your search.

I used to know things
Cult
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

I have a psy in my blood, and I'm half Greek, half Irish (but I live in Greece so I mostly consider myself Greek).

However, Ancient Greece has been known to have vampiric connections and some speculate that the origin might be related to Greece as well as Italy and even Scotland. All of these countries have vampire-related folklore.

Humans have lived for a long time, no bloodline is purely one ethnicity, that's for sure. There's definitely a chance that your ancestors have been a different nationality than you are.

As Anteros noted, Lilith is the mother of vampires, and she is also known as the Wanderer. Pretty sure she's been places.

This can also be confirmed by just taking a look at CH listings for vampires. They have a bunch of cultures from Irish to Romanian to Asian and even African.
Darksbane wrote:You see, I'm trying to find a bit about who I am (I know there are sessions that can be done, but I don't have the current income to support that) and I think there might be some werewolf or vamp in the history. More likely werewolf than vamp the more that I think about it.
Something useful to keep in mind during your search is that in old folklore, werewolves and vampires overlap relatively consistently.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Darksbane wrote:I know vampires originated in the Slavic area (or so I'm told) but does that mean you have to have Slavic blood to be part vamp? Like, in the ancestry, as humans aren't really human, as Ash quoted.

Due to in history, different species intermingling and maybe trying to hide from humans, they bred with etc blah blah you get the idea.

So the concept of being part vamp, does that mean your family has to trace back to the Slavic Union?

(that's the name of the country right? I really hope I got that right, otherwise I look stupid lol)

As I know I have no Slavic blood in me whatsoever, but the terminology of being part vamp wouldn't surprise me. Then again, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, literally.

You see, I'm trying to find a bit about who I am (I know there are sessions that can be done, but I don't have the current income to support that) and I think there might be some werewolf or vamp in the history. More likely werewolf than vamp the more that I think about it.

Guess I'll ask about werewolves in a different thread later once I'm a bit more awake. I'm a night owl, what can I say? XD

Cheers!
Howdy fellow night owl. Some of my blood is slavic as I am related to the Queen of Romania and the Romanovs. But Vampires are everywhere. The Chinese recognized Vampires as early as the Chang Dynasty (circa 1600 BC) and I have the proof of a carved jade figure of a human with bat wings outstretched. Also later in the Qing Dynasty 1860s-1912 of a pure white jade-like document seal from a living vampire group,

With these 2 examples, and all else mentioned here, it become s obvious that Vampires are all over the planet.

Hope this Helps.,
Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Yep, there are Chinese vamps, Scottish vamps (Baobhan Sith), Mayan vamps (camazotz), vamp clans from around the world, astral vamps, etc.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Anteros wrote:Hi there,
Ancestry is very interesting!!

A couple of points here from a non expert ...who would be me lol.

I think it is quite a broad statement to say that you have no Slavic blood in you whatsoever.
When I say that I am referring to other lives you may have lived and not just referring to your "current" bloodline from this life.
There are hundreds of millions of Slavs in the world and have spread to all the corners of the world.
The Slav heartland is of course central and eastern Europe which will include western Russia.
"European Russia" extends to the Ural mountains which is a north/south mountain range and an effective divider of eastern and western Russia.

Also, I wouldn't say that vampires "originated" anywhere here on this earth.
Surely there realm of creation is/was elsewhere?
The children of Lilith?

But I know what you mean by it, there are strong links and enduring mythologies between vampires and the Slavic world.

There isn't a "Slavic union" by the way.
Slavic people generally have a strong sense of identity, I know that first hand as I have Slavic relatives.

As with all races and sub races some people are more easier to spot than others due to their facial characteristics.
Anna Kournikova, the retired tennis player for example is a Slav and no two ways about it !
You may be surprised what comes through when you can get a reading done and if there is a vampire in your ancestry the individual will be named and you will get a brief bio from CH.

In this current life, I am of Celtic blood with no obvious Slavic connection but I have a vampire in my blood as well as a Celtic immortal.
In another incarnation I was also a silver dragon ::dragons:: ::dragons:: ::dragons::
I have always loved German Shepherd dogs....I was one once too !!

These readings are fascinating and I wish you well in your search.
Thank you for your input Anteros, I do agree, it is very interesting, and it looks like my spirits and my gut instinct was right again haha.

You see, the person in particular that told me that there would have to be Slavic blood, was a person I am currently having problems with IRL, (who I have mentioned before) as she is very... overbearing. >_>

Whoops. I had looked up "Slavic" "Slavia" trying to find the name of the country. 1e My bad, looks like I was wrong. I still have no idea what the name is though XD

Huh, cool, and when I can, I will definitely try to get a reading, it does sound fascinating ^_^

Seems I have more things to research about bloodlines once again, as I do want to find out XD

According to a non-relative that is a sensitive, she felt I was related to some being that made her uncomfortable, something related to death and demons. No idea.

Cheers Anteros, and I hope you have a good day. :hug:
Cult wrote:I have a psy in my blood, and I'm half Greek, half Irish (but I live in Greece so I mostly consider myself Greek).

However, Ancient Greece has been known to have vampiric connections and some speculate that the origin might be related to Greece as well as Italy and even Scotland. All of these countries have vampire-related folklore.

Humans have lived for a long time, no bloodline is purely one ethnicity, that's for sure. There's definitely a chance that your ancestors have been a different nationality than you are.

As Anteros noted, Lilith is the mother of vampires, and she is also known as the Wanderer. Pretty sure she's been places.

This can also be confirmed by just taking a look at CH listings for vampires. They have a bunch of cultures from Irish to Romanian to Asian and even African.
Darksbane wrote:You see, I'm trying to find a bit about who I am (I know there are sessions that can be done, but I don't have the current income to support that) and I think there might be some werewolf or vamp in the history. More likely werewolf than vamp the more that I think about it.
Something useful to keep in mind during your search is that in old folklore, werewolves and vampires overlap relatively consistently.
I had a feeling that they overlapped, although never came across it overlapping, myself. Been looking for things that might relate back to wolves or vamps, but I only have a handful of coincidences, which isn't exactly staggering evidence.

I didn't realize they stretched around the world like that, once again, my view is narrow due to some things IRL. Have to adjust my viewpoint haha.

Sounds very interesting, and thank you for the feedback Cult, I will definitely keep all this in mind, and I'll be sure to post about my findings when it comes to it. :)

Cheers Cult, and here's wishes to a great day :)
The Styx Group wrote: Howdy fellow night owl. Some of my blood is slavic as I am related to the Queen of Romania and the Romanovs. But Vampires are everywhere. The Chinese recognized Vampires as early as the Chang Dynasty (circa 1600 BC) and I have the proof of a carved jade figure of a human with bat wings outstretched. Also later in the Qing Dynasty 1860s-1912 of a pure white jade-like document seal from a living vampire group,

With these 2 examples, and all else mentioned here, it become s obvious that Vampires are all over the planet.

Hope this Helps.,
Caiyros
Oh, again, did not realize. XD My eyes have been clouded in the narrow viewpoint environment I am in, and still getting used to not using the same perspectives.

That does seem quite interesting, and I would believe more so that they got around, it would seem silly that they only kept to one area.

I'm definitely glad I posted this question, and yes that did indeed help Caiyros, thank you for posting. :)

And hello to you too night owl, another reason why I feel there is were-wolf/pyre blood. XD Could be a coincidence buuuut... you never know. Or I don't currently.

Cheers, thank you all for taking the times to post, and i do really appreciate the advice given.

Cheers!

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:Yep, there are Chinese vamps, Scottish vamps (Baobhan Sith), Mayan vamps (camazotz), vamp clans from around the world, astral vamps, etc.
I literally just replied to this thread hahah, nice timing. ;)

Yes, and I always thought that, didn't understand why they would be limited to one area. But I digress, I know better now.

I do wonder what is in my bloodline, but I will find out eventually. XD

Thank you Lokakisa for posting, it is much appreciated, and I hope you have a uplifting day. Take care :)

Cheers!

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Slavs are the peoples of:
Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Belarus, Slovakia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Macedonia, and Montenegro. In other words, basically Western Europe.
Funny how this doesn't include Romania (Transylvania), usually thought of as a homeplace of vampires lol! So someone restricting it to Slavic only is sadly misinformed. Quite ignorant, really.

Genealogy can be fascinating, especially if you get the funds to do DNA testing.
But don't let it worry you about how it might limit your connection to spirits.
And then of course there are the In Your Blood readings from CH, which sadly aren't discounted anymore. Save up your points for gift certificates I guess.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:Slavs are the peoples of:
Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Belarus, Slovakia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Macedonia, and Montenegro. In other words, basically Western Europe.
Funny how this doesn't include Romania (Transylvania), usually thought of as a homeplace of vampires lol! So someone restricting it to Slavic only is sadly misinformed. Quite ignorant, really.

Genealogy can be fascinating, especially if you get the funds to do DNA testing.
But don't let it worry you about how it might limit your connection to spirits.
And then of course there are the In Your Blood readings from CH, which sadly aren't discounted anymore. Save up your points for gift certificates I guess.
Not to nitpick or anything but Eastern Europe is what we're talking about.

And yes, as otheres have stated,you don't need to have Slavic ancestry to have Vampire in your blood. I have Sanguine Vampire in my bloodline and at least to my knowledge, I have no Slavic blood in me.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Oh dear me I got my directions backwards! Lol yes Eastern.

Return to “Vampire Information”