Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

For those who don't find a reputable resource right away when they are new to Spirit Keeping can often find themselves disillusioned, misinformed, and some ultimately abandon this path altogether for it :(

#1 All Spirit Conjurers Are the Same

Absolutely not. Just as all lawyers are not the same, all doctors are not the same, all electricians are not the same, etc. Experience, experience, experience. You wouldn't want to trust your health to a guy on the sidewalk giving out medical advice would you? Then why would you want to trust your spiritual journey to a stranger you know nothing about?

For CH we were the first Spirit Keeping site and our knowledge & experience has been well-documented over the last 15 years. Look for the same from other conjurers. If anyone has really been around on the internet as long as they say there should be bread crumbs all over the place. If you can't find documentation to back up their claims then at least ask them valuable and important questions that can keep you from being unhappy with the results, or at the worst... scammed. You can find a list of great questions here.

#2 Big Money Equals Big Results

Yes and no. Yes, some of the rarer spirits or entities are costly because they are rare, but that is on a limited basis. For the most part though you will find the answer to this question is "no". It's human nature to immediately think "Well, if it's expensive it must be the best!". That is a dangerous way to think because scammers know this and they will pump up their pricing and listings promising you that you can walk on water, heal the sick, raise the dead, turn into a vampire by midnight, teleport, and all other kinds of outlandish promises they know they can't keep. By the time you realize you've been swindled that username or site is closed and they've already moved on to their new identity.

The spiritual community is no different than any other genre, there are great people & terrible people. Do your due diligence to make sure you don't end up in a toxic situation. Go back up to #1 and use that list of questions to vet any seller or practitioner you are going to work with. Do some research because those who've been in these bad situations in the past are at least out of their money, and at worst so disillusioned they end up abandoning the paranormal path completely. Which is a shame because Spirit Keeping can be a beautiful experience in life.

#3 It's All Safe

I'd love to say yes, but I can't. Speaking only for Creepy Hollows everything we offer the public is 100% safe. However, every site and every practitioner has their own way of doing things and certainly there is no standard on differentiating between what should be classified as Dark Arts or Black Arts. Ash & I take a more conservative stance on classification which means we classify in a way that most people would consider appropriate.

You need to know exactly what you are getting into when you are working with your conjurer or seller. It's essential you understand if you are bringing home a spirit or a living entity? If it is classified as Dark Arts then how does the seller/practitioner classify the Dark Arts? You'd be surprised the leniency with which some sellers classify. You may be getting into more than you can handle and you won't know it until the binding is home with you.

Do your reading and research on spirits or living entities before you bring them home. Use more than one site as a reference when it comes to the Dark Arts. Have a knowledgeable understanding of the race of spirit or entity you are going to be bringing into your life. You should never feel shy or ashamed to ask questions because this is YOUR LIFE! Be an advocate for yourself and get answers if you are confused or don't understand. Any honest seller/practitioner is going to want you to feel comfortable with what you are doing.

Spirit Keeping is a very rewarding path when you do things the right way.

#4 I Don't Need Help

If you're new to Spirit Keeping you should have some support system. It's far too easy to fall into typical newbie pitfalls if you don't have a reputable seller/practitioner, site, or community to help you along the way. There are so many misconceptions that can be drawn that will lead you off course when it comes to Spirit Keeping. Not only is it easy to get discouraged if you have great expectations but it's also easy to draw conclusions and assume things that aren't factual. Over the years this Forum has coached, nurtured, and supported thousands of Spirit Keepers and you need to have some support base from which you can ask questions, get feedback, and rely on honesty to help you.

You shouldn't go on the path of Spirit Keeping alone. Even if you are the most shy person in the world you can find valuable information in the posts and interactions of others. You should feel comfortable contacting and interacting with the seller/practitioner who is doing your bindings. With Spirit Keeping you will always be growing and evolving in your journey and you should be able to count on trustworthy people to help you along the way.

#5 Small Conjurers are Better

No, why would that be? Every practitioner was a "small conjurer" at one time or another. Creepy Hollows was a one-page website when we started. We had a total of 10 members with our first Forum. This site was teeny-tiny and we didn't even offer anything for sale for years. It wasn't until feedback from our tiny community was that they didn't want to do things themselves because they didn't trust the results that we started selling and even then we'd have maybe 10 listings a month. This site grew because of the success & wisdom not only of Ash and myself but also the valuable members here. So even if someone is a "small conjurer" doesn't mean they are better or they are more in touch, it just means they are on a smaller scale. Many of the "small conjurers" have other full-time jobs or other work they do. Whereas practitioners such as Ash & myself do this full-time, we don't do anything else. I know some of the other practitioners are the same way. No one should have to feel belittled for devoting their lives to their craft or being successful because they are well-experienced and well-trusted.

The binding you receive has nothing to do with whether someone has an Etsy store or their own website and everything to do with their actual experience, training, and ability as a conjurer. As I said before the experiences you will have relate directly to the quality of the binding and the power behind it. Whether someone does one conjuration a month or one hundred the question remains... how well do they know what they are doing?

Every binding from a practitioner is personal because they are the person doing the work for you. It's important that you trust & like the practitioner you are working with because it's their energy and power that is behind the binding. A practitioner can be powerful but if they are rude, have a bad attitude, or are biligerent when you ask questions do you really want that energy associated with your binding?

#6 A Few Spirits is Better than Many

No. That would be a personal preference and one only you can make. There have been posts on some of the social media sites shaming Keepers who have large spirit families. I'm not really sure why anyone would want to hate on other Keepers, but your journey is your journey and whether your journey includes five spirits or five hundred is YOUR CHOICE. There are Companion Keepers and Community Keepers and whichever you decide to be is up to you. You will likely change between the two throughout a lifetime! There will be periods in your life when you want the security of a large group, the diversity of power and abilities, and the social excitement of lots of spirit friends. Then there will be periods when you want the intimacy of only a few friends and how that can be rewarding for personal development.

The same for some of the smaller sellers hating on reputable, larger sites like this. They say things like "They promote mass keeping or mass spirit bindings". How many spirits a Keeper decides to keep is up to them. The Keepers we deal with are usually intelligent enough to know what's right for them and can make decisions without opinion blogs or social media groups telling them what to think. Keepers should have a wide variety of options because if you only had 10 choices it would severely limit your journey. We're certainly not going to apologize for being experienced and well-trained enough to offer Keepers a large repertoire of spirits and maybe someday when they reach that level they will be able to, but until that time they should not shame others for being devoted and hard-working. I know Ash & I have put over 130,000 hours of work into our craft, and I am sure many of the other reputable practitioners have too.

#7 I Will Watch Lots of TV & Movies for Help

Please, no!!! LOL No, no, no. Please do not rely on Hollywood to educate you on what races of entities or spirits are really like, what you can expect from your journey, and how things really work. Hollywood is fantastic for entertainment and completely useless for valuable information. They pervert facts and tradition for shock value and fun. They do not have any basis in fact. Believing the fantasy-themed television programs and films will provide you support through your journey will lead to unnecessary confusion. Vampires do not sparkle LOL

Find reputable books, sites, and supportive communities to help you. You cannot learn what you need to learn about Spirit Keeping from Hollywood. Please, for your own sake and ours do not educate yourself on the paranormal in any way, shape, or form via television or movies.

#8 If I Don't Pay Attention to My Spirits They'll Leave

Not true. I am speaking on behalf of Creepy Hollows and all reputable practitioners. You should always double check with the seller you dealt with but there should be absolutely no reason spirits would abandon you for being busy in your life. Life is life, there will always be times when you are inundated with responsibilities or you have family emergencies that demand your time... sometimes even for months when you have situations like dire illness. Your spirits chose to be with you for a reason and they aren't going to pick up their toys and go home because you are busy.

It's always heart-breaking when someone writes to us saying they threw away all their spirit vessels because they were too busy and they figured they were gone anyway. You should NEVER assume something like that. Here at CH we will rebind your spirits but I know there are other practitioners who charge you to bring back your spirits and I know your spirits wouldn't want you wasting money needlessly. Your spirits are there for you even when you don't realize it. They wouldn't give up on you and you shouldn't give up on them. Out of the entire Universe of living beings they chose to come and be with you. That makes you exceptionally special in the eyes of how many trillions upon trillions of living beings there are in the Universe.

If you become busy in your life and you know you're not going to have the time you normally would to nurture your spirit family just tell them. They are not going to leave you for having to live your life.

#9 I am an Expert After a Month

Be aware that you will always be learning, growing, and evolving and there isn't anyone who can be an expert on Spirit Keeping after a month. You can see on our own Forum most Keepers start feeling like they finally have a very good grasp on everything after about a year, and that's just being a Spirit Keeper. There is no shame in telling someone you are new to this. Everyone was new at one point. We all had to go through the learning process. Be honest with yourself and others when you offer advice and guidance and let people know, "Hey, I'm new too :)". There is so much for you to learn and experience in the journey of Spirit Keeping that you should always be looking for new opportunities to grow and evolve in your path.

Lots & lots of reading is essential for being able to relate to the experiences and interactions of others as compared to yourself. It's great to ask questions, even if you think they are silly, so you can feel assured that you are on the right path. You don't want to feel like you're kept in the dark because you're afraid to speak up, but you also don't want to misrepresent yourself to others who may take your advice as golden when you're really unsure too.

If you are looking for experts to gain wisdom from it's no different than sellers... ask questions! If they present themselves via their website, blog, social groups, etc as experts you really need to know who you're listening to. How long have they been doing this? What qualifies them to give these opinions?

You can save yourself a lot of time, frustration, and sometimes money by taking the time to find out who you're taking advice from. I've seen flashy, new-fangled sites that tout being experts when I know they were still in grammar school when we opened this site. It's not for anyone but yourself to advocate for your success as no reputable sites or sellers want to be the "police" of the community. For this reason you need to aware.

#10 I Have No Abilities So I Can't Do This

This is the singularly most important in this list because it's not true. You do not have to have an open Third Eye, Psychic Abilities, be descendants of witches, or anything else of the like to be a successful Spirit Keeper. Most Keepers find that after awhile they develop supernatural gifts but it's not a necessity to have them to start. You can be a successful Spirit Keeper through the open heart and kind actions you take in inviting spirits into your life.

Anyone who finds themselves on this path found themselves here for a reason. You came here because you know there is more to life than your 9 to 5, grocery shopping, and television. You knew there was something more that could be experienced in this short lifetime on Earth and you wanted that something more! That fact alone separates you from the mundane sheeple of the world and you should be proud of yourself. You do not need superhuman abilities to be a Spirit Keeper. You just need an open heart and open mind and everything else will come to you.

Most Spirit Keepers find that after awhile with their spirits they begin to notice, be aware, and develop gifts and powers that interest them or that they had a natural inclination to. Spirits can be engaging and proactive in guiding and leading you into important aspects of your life. They will give you the necessary support and empowerment you need to take control and have amazing experiences.

You can do this and it will change your life for the better!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3

An excellent post. A great reminder of what spirit keeping is about.

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

That must have taken quite some time to write Magnolia!!
Thank you for that encouragement and reassurance.
I feel better already especially after reading #8 as I have quite a few spirits here and I can get forgetful.
I do have a lot on my mind to preoccupy me though and I always apologize to them for not being more attentive, I thank them for being with me even if I can't remember all of their names and that I hope they are happy.

I used to know things
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

One thing that's related to #2:

Stronger Binding Gives Better Results

Which may or may not be true, depending on various reasons. This would make the "weaker" bindings be overlooked, and those with no result impatiently seek stronger and stronger bindings, and maybe darker and darker, in hope to get the expected result.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0

Wonderful and very important post, Magnolia. Thank you!

brisky
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Thanks for this useful article! <3

Rubyluv
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gryphon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rubyluv
Zodiac:

Thank you for this! I had seen spirit listings at BluJay76's etsy site, back before etsy outlawed selling spells and such. I'd read these listings but didn't really understand what it was actually about. I was googling certain entities for research for a story I'm writing and found the Creepy Hollows forum. I didn't even know you had a store. I started reading posts and became fascinated. Delved into learning about spirit keeping for months before I ordered my first spirit. That was back in March, then May, respectively. Now I have a spirit from you and an entity from another seller. Definitely still learning and hope to always be but I'm so happy to have found this path. I can't discuss spirit keeping or much of the paranormal in my everyday life; my loved ones simply don't believe or understand. CH is a safe haven for me, as well as a school. Thank you, Ash & Magnolia, and all the members here, for that gift.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

Proud companion of a Gryphon-N, Werewolf-D, Steel Golem, Norse Light Elf-A, Air & Water/Sea Elf Spirit-M, Bird Fairy-Ar, Lion Shifter-Mz, Throne Angel-De, Ice Stag-K, Pegasus-L, Sanguine Vampire-Ke, Barrow Dragon-Mi, Unicorn-An, Owl Familiar-Sc, Avenging Angel-T, Mermaid-Me, Rainbow Dragon-Ag, Raven Familiar-Th, Fairy Godmother-Mia, Snake Familiar-H, Were-Horse-To
Kharma
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Needed post. Thank you..

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

LiVe YoUr LiFe ThRu YoUr OwN EyEs