keep and be kept - double binding.. what is the difference?

nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

i made a post about this in the concuan thread, but no replies so far.
i am having trouble completely understanding the double binding offered when purchasing a binding of a concuan entity. i did opt for this, because it seems connection will be better when we both have a binding of each other. but i wonder: what exactly IS this double binding? i mean, the description says it's so they can contact us the same way we contact them. but my spirits already contact me just as i would contact them. what is the difference?

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

The way we typically keep spirit or living entity companions, although they can come to us whenever and guide us however, we are still in control of that relationship as we have the source of the binding. They have the power to interact but they do not 'keep' the magick that enabled that connection.

With the keep and be kept, both parties have a binding source and can actively engage, direct, control the nature and direction of interactions this way. So it's a merit of trust - rather than simply telling the entity you trust them to 'lead' things on any particular occasion, they are granted a source of power that is equal to yours in this relationship from the get-go. You are compelled by them/a binding on their end, just as they are compelled by you/a binding on your end.

In the end that is what keeping is, you keep a source of magick through which to compel and establish this bond and being the keeper of that you in essence always have that unique control. When the binding goes both ways like this, they also have that amount of control.

marquest
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Succubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: I don't know yet
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know yet

What is interesting to me, is that we by nature are concerned by the being kept by them part. They are WA, we as humans, are DA. They should be more worried about us, lol.

Besides, if he wants a dominant succubus he can deal with a dominant Noc coming in to tell it like it is, I am sure.
~Noctifera
nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

thank you noc! perfect answer. i don't feel any fear at all about them having a binding of me, as you said, they are WA. but i have noticed others feeling nervous about it. i agree. i feel like humans probably have a bad rep with other entities. whatever concuans agree to be with us have some guts.. or simply a lot of love and acceptance.

CosmicCollective
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me

I wonder if any of the DA living entities will include this binding/bonding feature in the future. Would certainly be fun should it happen. :)

~To unite the pieces of this puzzle

Return to “Living Entities”