Blacksmith Needed

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmm, if I were you, I'd wait until my skill is already good enough. For example, this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKkdD4-MtlA
showing a minimum movement to clean cut a non-supported bamboo. From there, I'll try saving $1,000+ to get a more elegant sword, since I know it's worth the wait and every penny.

But did something happen to the original pommel?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitor/Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nekomata
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sora
Zodiac:

tizmo wrote:
NekoTheCat wrote:
tizmo wrote:Have you searched etsy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't even thought of that! That's usually the search place I go to... Thanks for reminding me, I'll go check it out!
I would say search for either sword or something, or by shop and type in like forge or anvil or something would work. I'll prob check around too. I would like to have someone fix a sword I bought in Spain and gave to my (now ex) boyfriend. He decided that it would be good to chop down a small tree with it so it's now bent in the middle. Yeah I took that sword back when we broke up. He cheated while I was in Spain. Jerk.

I couldn't find anything worth while, how about you?
darkwing wrote:Mmm, if I were you, I'd wait until my skill is already good enough. For example, this video
showing a minimum movement to clean cut a non-supported bamboo. From there, I'll try saving $1,000+ to get a more elegant sword, since I know it's worth the wait and every penny.

No I'm saving to get this sword for my birthday, with help cause I can't afford it in my own.

The pommel it comes with isn't bad but I haven't got it so nothing happened, I just want to engrave a tigers face into it to make it really like and stand out.

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:Mmm, if I were you, I'd wait until my skill is already good enough. For example, this video

By the way by his slight movements and overall strength and speed, it's clear to me he has practiced a lot and has mastered cutting with a katana. I can slice things in half with a machete but those are two different weapons so two different techniques apply, in order for me to get better at being a swordsman I have to practice myself that's the point of getting the sword I want for my birthday. It's made of carbon steel, can take a beating and it's pretty cheap compared to a lot of other carbon steel medieval blades you can get katanas much cheaper than a double edged sword. Of course they're usually dull so you have to sharpen it yourself, a site I got my dagger and stainless steel sword from charges $80 or so for a carbon steel katana. The site I'm currently trying to save up to get a sword from sells carbon steel daggers and swords of different variety of which you can choose to be regular, tempered, sharpened, or tempered and sharpened which I would personally recommend due to tempered swords taking an edge easier and are stronger. It's different techniques for different swords so I need practice anyways.

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©
Sephiroth
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My magical/paranormal name...: sephiroth
Zodiac:

I bought a Sakabato couple of years ago , was alot of money but i saved years for it but it is worth it

WubbaLubbaDubDub
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Wulfke wrote:I bought a Sakabato couple of years ago , was alot of money but i saved years for it but it is worth it
I bought my T404 stainless steel short sword for $30 (it's basically a big dagger) and it's handled itself well, I just think it's time I go for something of almost average size . Unfortunately this is the last time I'll get help buying something so I'm out of luck unless I save for several years (5-7), but this one I want is carbon steel, heavier, an arming sword, and overall perfect for me. As I love double bladed swords like knights of the old used, that's what my sword will look like when I finally can make it out of energy or use a forge for a decent price.

Sakabato sounds pretty cool tho

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

$3500 for a custom forged sword isn't all that shocking: A real 3-body Katakana made with the traditional methods can run well into the 5-figure range and take a couple years to produce

OTOH, a $200 blade in modern high carbon steel could very well be as good or better than a lot of what was available prior to the 16th-century, so it depends on what you want

As far as making a pommel, you might try talking to an art student at a major university
Or... A lot of places that make artistic metal casting allow employees to make anything they want as long as the company has the right to make more.
A buddy of mine is a big guy with a warped sense of humor, and he made a 28-pound cast iron teddy bear.....

NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Dragonoake wrote:$3500 for a custom forged sword isn't all that shocking: A real 3-body Katakana made with the traditional methods can run well into the 5-figure range and take a couple years to produce

OTOH, a $200 blade in modern high carbon steel could very well be as good or better than a lot of what was available prior to the 16th-century, so it depends on what you want

As far as making a pommel, you might try talking to an art student at a major university
Or... A lot of places that make artistic metal casting allow employees to make anything they want as long as the company has the right to make more.
A buddy of mine is a big guy with a warped sense of humor, and he made a 28-pound cast iron teddy bear.....
Yeah, that's true but I can find many swords within 300-800 that see just as good and hand forged that are great, I just caught afford the price.

And dang that's one big teddy bear...

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

NekoTheCat wrote:
tizmo wrote:
NekoTheCat wrote:

I haven't even thought of that! That's usually the search place I go to... Thanks for reminding me, I'll go check it out!
I would say search for either sword or something, or by shop and type in like forge or anvil or something would work. I'll prob check around too. I would like to have someone fix a sword I bought in Spain and gave to my (now ex) boyfriend. He decided that it would be good to chop down a small tree with it so it's now bent in the middle. Yeah I took that sword back when we broke up. He cheated while I was in Spain. Jerk.

I found a few shops that might be able to help:

FallenOakForge
BrightForestForge
SAXONFORGE
ForgeOfEchos

ImageImageImage
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

tizmo wrote:
NekoTheCat wrote:
tizmo wrote:
NekoTheCat wrote:

I found a few shops that might be able to help:

FallenOakForge
BrightForestForge
SAXONFORGE
ForgeOfEchos
Nice

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

NekoTheCat wrote: dang that's one big teddy bear...
He had it painted up so it looked like a perfectly ordinary teddy bear
He used to carry it around and hand it to random people.... Said it got him invited to a lot of parties

Return to “Message Board - Wanted/Classifieds”