Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitor/Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nekomata
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sora
Zodiac:

I need to find someone who's able to make custom pommels for sword, can anyone help or point me in the right direction? A lot of sites charge way to much for just a pommel and an outrageous price for a sword itself, one said custom work would be $3500 and take 6-12 months to complete so forget that I'll just get a pommel itself and settle. So anyways anyone got any ideas, clues, or can help with this?

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I think the reason why custom things are expensive is that these are craftspeople. Doubly so if we're talking about a craft that is uncommon and/or is in high demand. I'm not sure how uncommon a skill blacksmithing is, but it definitely is something that takes time and talent to master. So I'm not surprised that there's a high price tag attached to their work.

It crosses my mind that if you find a blacksmith near you, maybe you'd be able to learn how to do the smithing yourself, if they were willing to take on an apprentice. Then you could refine your skills to the point where you could make your own sword from scratch, as well as craft things for other people. (And earn a nice chunk of change into the bargain.) It might be worth considering.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Go on eBay and use the various names for what you are looking for...3 years ago I bought 4 8th century Japanese tangs....for a much lower price than the price you mention.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I think the reason why custom things are expensive is that these are craftspeople. Doubly so if we're talking about a craft that is uncommon and/or is in high demand. I'm not sure how uncommon a skill blacksmithing is, but it definitely is something that takes time and talent to master. So I'm not surprised that there's a high price tag attached to their work.

It crosses my mind that if you find a blacksmith near you, maybe you'd be able to learn how to do the smithing yourself, if they were willing to take on an apprentice. Then you could refine your skills to the point where you could make your own sword from scratch, as well as craft things for other people. (And earn a nice chunk of change into the bargain.) It might be worth considering.

My design is kinda basic so it should be $300 for the most expensive, so it kinda surprised me but true and I will next year :) I'll save up to go to the closest forge.
The Styx Group wrote:Go on eBay and use the various names for what you are looking for...3 years ago I bought 4 8th century Japanese tangs....for a much lower price than the price you mention.

Caiyros
The pommel I wanted made is custom it's gonna have a tigers face etched into the surface of the round pommel, that way it still goes with the sword I want.

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©
tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

Have you searched etsy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageImageImage
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

tizmo wrote:Have you searched etsy?

I haven't even thought of that! That's usually the search place I go to... Thanks for reminding me, I'll go check it out!

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

OhNo
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Gray Beard
Zodiac:

Even a basic design is going to cost a lot more than $300. The art of making swords is highly specialized and you are paying for the artists time and skills...... Forging a sword is not something that can be completed in a few hours....

"it’s so easy to get famous now. Have a big butt and an Instagram account."...Naomi Grossman
OhNo
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Gray Beard
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote: It crosses my mind that if you find a blacksmith near you, maybe you'd be able to learn how to do the smithing yourself, if they were willing to take on an apprentice. Then you could refine your skills to the point where you could make your own sword from scratch, as well as craft things for other people. (And earn a nice chunk of change into the bargain.) It might be worth considering.
There's actually a guy in my city that gives lessens for free.. I'm planning on signing up for the next round. 1ak

"it’s so easy to get famous now. Have a big butt and an Instagram account."...Naomi Grossman
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

OhNo wrote:Even a basic design is going to cost a lot more than $300. The art of making swords is highly specialized and you are paying for the artists time and skills...... Forging a sword is not something that can be completed in a few hours....
I know that, I know more about swords than people are giving me credit for. I don't buy without researching, the current sword I'm getting is hang forged yet it's way cheaper than making a custom sword, and also the closest forge charges $107? For lessons and they give you the material to make your weapon. Kinda think $3500 defeats the purpose of bothering, when it's likely to break eventually. That's why I've been researching all of of it so insanely, intensive study isn't my thing but it's necessary. I've also found other sites that'll make custom swords for less than $800 but not really what I'm looking for since that's three years worth of savings for me, so I've searching up just the pommel. If I get it engraved then I'm good to go. My current sword will be $137 which is a good price for a basic medieval sword, I know exactly how hard blacksmiths have to work to make a weapon by hand. There's the heating process and using a clasp to hold it while carefully hammering it into the right shape and you must do it several times before you finally get it then you got properly heat temper it, this process is not only rigorous but it's tough as hell even for a trained blacksmith. A past life of like did it, it's hard work but the end result is usually worth it. It can up to a year to make a true battle ready blade that's worth using, it's very hard work that's for sure. I doubt I could do it in my current condition especially without knowing the proper way of doing it but yeah I understood that. Anyways night I can barely keep my eyes open.

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

NekoTheCat wrote:
tizmo wrote:Have you searched etsy?

I haven't even thought of that! That's usually the search place I go to... Thanks for reminding me, I'll go check it out!
I would say search for either sword or something, or by shop and type in like forge or anvil or something would work. I'll prob check around too. I would like to have someone fix a sword I bought in Spain and gave to my (now ex) boyfriend. He decided that it would be good to chop down a small tree with it so it's now bent in the middle. Yeah I took that sword back when we broke up. He cheated while I was in Spain. Jerk.

ImageImageImage

Return to “Message Board - Wanted/Classifieds”