Black magick vs white magick distinction.

surest
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

What are the actual differences between black magick and white magick? Do working with angels or other white arts spirits makes one a white magician, what's about using the power of dark arts like demons to do good either to oneself or others. What's really makes one a black magician. I'm just curious to get the difference. Thanks.

Esoteric scientist

Krowe
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 10
If I could be anything, I would be...: shifter
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Krowe
Zodiac:

white magick is magick that causes no harm or force to another person(or being)
black magick is typically used TO harm or force another person(or being) but it doesnt have to be used that way.
you dont have to call yourself a 'white magician' or a 'black magician' just because of some of the practices you do or the beings you work with, though others may classify you a certain way based on what you do.

surest
neophyte
neophyte

Okey....but some people are been classified as black magicians? Ie to say the term "black magician" or "white magician" is very wrong. It makes sense , thanks.

Esoteric scientist

Krowe
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

yeah it's just an association thing, so if you are, for instance, a seller who offers demons and love/lust spells or whatever, others may see you as a 'black magician or witch'
but if you offer healing, divinations, aura cleansings and spirit guide readings etc, you'd be seen as a white magician or witch.
but being someone who practices black magick doesnt have to mean that you're evil or a bad person.
black magick also tends to be for amassing power, either wealth, spiritual/magickal power or influence and as long as you arent an unstable person who just flings spells at everything, you can approach these sort of things in a balanced way. it can be really helpful.
and white magick could be used to dole out justice(meaning a person could potentially be harmed)
in my opinion there's really no 'white' or 'black', unless you are someone who cares not for others lives and wants to blow up the world(black) or are someone who never ever does anything for themselves, only sets out to help others and is a perfect angel.(white)
anything else is just grey...

surest
neophyte
neophyte

@krowe , you really bring this into pieces for my understanding and l'm very grateful. Please once again, does it mean any magic for self-aggrandizement is automatically a black magick? I got to see a demon listing and it was clearly stated that it doesn't perform white task. So that got me confused on the meaning of white task.

Esoteric scientist

surest
neophyte
neophyte

Like seeking justice in some situations, l think that can be seen as white task? If l have a Demon who can help , why can't l ask. In fact l couldn't understand.

Esoteric scientist

Krowe
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

no problem.
no, not all of it, you CAN use black magick to do so, but not all magick for power is black.
and again, i wasnt saying that seeking justice was a 'white task' i was saying that you can use white magick for justice. (justice means different things to different people, so if you, say, attack someone with a curse for 'justice' that makes them lose their job or messes up their marriage because they said something mean to you....that's not justice and that wouldnt be white magic)
and im assuming the listing was saying only THAT demon wouldnt.
'white tasks' i would assume would be works that would help others, bring balance or heal, rather than works for more wealth, more power, sex, revenge etc.
i dont think the listing was saying you cant ask for help, it was simply stating that the demon doesnt do helpful/healing/balancing etc works.
i'm sure it would dole out justice for you BUT what it considers justice and what you consider justice is most likely very different, so you'd have to be specific if you didnt want to cause any unnecessary harm.
the important thing to help you understand which is which, is to think HOW and WHY a person or being tackles a task, instead of judging based on the task itself.
if its a selfish, negative or destructive reason, its more on the black side of things. if it's selfless, helpful or balancing, then it's more on the white side of things.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Maby I can add something to this with my view on things.Think of white arts as light and dark arts and black arts as darkness.Light to me is a new higher element that rules order,justus, intellect.e.t.c.with its main intent being to heal.Where as darkness is a primal that rules over chaos,vengeance,instinct.e.t.c.with it's main intent being to hurt.

But the intent is by goog or evil which are things that can change but light and darkness can easily fill each others role givin the situation.Now givin how things are menchened on the site white magic would be light oriented and would be beneficial no matter what,dark magic would be darkness in general it can be beneficial with good intent but can come at a cost which can be harmful,black magic is darkness with evil intent that would strictly harm and nothing elts.

For a example of each lets say you want protection.White magic could keep people from being aggressive by making them happy or just keep them away in general,dark magic could keep people away but out of intimidation and could make people scared or worried for their safety,black magic could kill people that get to close if not f#€k them up for life.

If I didn't say it right someone can correct me on what is said but hopefully that helps with understanding the differentses.

Blessed be

surest
neophyte
neophyte

Thank you guys, l particularly digested one thing, "to help others" yes that might be what that listing is referring to as white magic.

Esoteric scientist

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

To add to what krowe said above my post if it makes it clearer some terms mean the same thing but with diffrent intent.like how to me justus is white arts as vengeance is dark arts as well as for else as how things can be done like healing with white arts is beneficial regardless and can heal many or on person at a time where healing with black arts healing could be siphoning health from one or many people to heal yourself and dark arts healing could be anywhere in between giving health to you or another that can be ether by healing useing energy not being used or by taking energy from a person.

But like what was said one persons sense of Justus is another's vengeance like how in the taken movies the family of the bad guy wanted justus for the head of the family.And as also menchened even if it's not always the case each side tends to be more for one thing over the other like one side helps others while the other helps yourself.

Blessed be

Return to “Black Arts”