Experiences?

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

For a while, I've been wanting to get a few bindings of the immortals I worship. Before I do so, I was hoping to hear experiences that other people have had with bound immortals, particularly those who worship the immortals they have. So friends, what is it like? 1d

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I feel it can make communication more integrated - you become so readily attuned to their frequency that it's a little hard to tell where their influence ends and your own, or surrounding circumstance begins. So depending on the connection and your own level of sensitivity it can make communication easier and more instantaneous, or it could make it a little harder to discern but over time you understand it's due to that integration of energy.

It allows the connection to be more constant, and consistent. Potentially more involved depending how you engage with the binding.

To be honest however for someone such as myself who works in depth with the immortals, I find that a binding of their energy only seems directly relevant sometimes or at certain stages, that integration ultimately is of benefit contributing to a foundation - but you will be led to greater avenues of connection through your bond. So in essence, a binding can aid in establishing a relationship with an immortal power and create a jumping off point if you want to delve deeper.

I know this is more generic of a response but hope it helps.

A typical binding of an immortal should be considered an aid in your connection and not the sole source of your connection with an immortal if you are serious about your reverence to them. Kept in that context you can significantly benefit from bindings. Also keep in mind that an immortal can be channeled in many facets and you might want to specify if there's a particular aspect of said immortal you revere, or if you want a more open/all encompassing binding of their energy.

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:I feel it can make communication more integrated - you become so readily attuned to their frequency that it's a little hard to tell where their influence ends and your own, or surrounding circumstance begins. So depending on the connection and your own level of sensitivity it can make communication easier and more instantaneous, or it could make it a little harder to discern but over time you understand it's due to that integration of energy.

It allows the connection to be more constant, and consistent. Potentially more involved depending how you engage with the binding.

To be honest however for someone such as myself who works in depth with the immortals, I find that a binding of their energy only seems directly relevant sometimes or at certain stages, that integration ultimately is of benefit contributing to a foundation - but you will be led to greater avenues of connection through your bond. So in essence, a binding can aid in establishing a relationship with an immortal power and create a jumping off point if you want to delve deeper.

I know this is more generic of a response but hope it helps.

A typical binding of an immortal should be considered an aid in your connection and not the sole source of your connection with an immortal if you are serious about your reverence to them. Kept in that context you can significantly benefit from bindings. Also keep in mind that an immortal can be channeled in many facets and you might want to specify if there's a particular aspect of said immortal you revere, or if you want a more open/all encompassing binding of their energy.
It is quite helpful, actually! Though I do have one question. When it comes to your immortals, do you treat them any differently than your other spirits? Like, do you give them more reverence or is everyone treated equally? That's the one thing that makes me hesitate about getting bindings of the immortal I worship; if they need to be treated differently.

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

That is a good question, which may be more complicated to answer just right. I am someone who has been working with the immortals much longer than spirit keeping, and that also means I've been working with deities a long time so for me it's kind of second nature. There is a distinction but it comes naturally to the bond you develop.

Spirit beings can be powerful and commanding of presence as the immortals, likewise you can have a more casual connection to an immortal energy,
the one constant is indvidual respect. Respect is central any way you slice it and it's all about treating your relationships on an individualistic basis. In welcoming that connection into your life - ask yourself who is this immortal, what do they stand for, what is the meaning of my connection with them?.. and let yourself be guided.

When you get to know different immortals, or spirits, or entities, you will learn about them as well as your unique connection and relationship with them, and you will know in that bonding how to respect them uniquely from another.
Do what comes naturally based on the particular connection, and don't think too hard about distinguishing your treatment of them based on being immortal - apart from recognizing and being wise to project to them the understanding that they are of an immortal power.

Respect them for who they are and the power they govern, what they mean to you, and what the potentials are of your relationship.

A lot of people do get immortal bindings and treat them a lot like spirit bindings, and it's not wrong but that depends on the level of involvement you hope for. You can do that, work with the immortal energy on a basic level according to your desires and make sure to thank and grant them offerings, in respect. A relationship can be built that way. However I do think it's smart to recognize the distinction that they are greater than this minimal involvement, and especially if your purpose for getting a binding is to develop a relationship and not just seeking the assistance of the gods.

Make your intent clear and abide by it genuinely (from the heart!), you'll be good.

Return to “Immortals”