active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Hello ,
I write this topic because right now i'm watching my favorite serie "The Tudors" ( with the stunning , handsome and talented actor Jonathan Rhys Meyer)
I have a passion for history and what's related to royalty and i have to say that since a long time ago i have a fascination for the Tudor family.
I watched documentaries about Henry VIII , his wives , the reform of Christianism and his daughters .
Out of curiosity , i would like to know if somebody had any encountering with him , or stories related to him about his personnality ?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Read the Alison Weir books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll love them!

gentleangelwhisperer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Nienna wrote:Hello ,
I write this topic because right now i'm watching my favorite serie "The Tudors" ( with the stunning , handsome and talented actor Jonathan Rhys Meyer)
I have a passion for history and what's related to royalty and i have to say that since a long time ago i have a fascination for the Tudor family.
I watched documentaries about Henry VIII , his wives , the reform of Christianism and his daughters .
Out of curiosity , i would like to know if somebody had any encountering with him , or stories related to him about his personnality ?
I dont have any experience with him or his wives, but reading your post made me think that maybe you would like a CH custom portal to that time period (you could specify it that you want it to henry tudor and his wives ) how awesome would that be to be able to see henry Tudor and his wives for yourself while they were alive....i know its not a spirit binding but I just thought it may interest you too 1s

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor

Thank you ! It's a really good idea !!
I'll keep that in mind :D

SpiritGurl
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Rei
Zodiac:

Nienna wrote:Hello ,
Omg me too, I love history and The Tudors is one of my favorite historical shows and I have a crush on Jonathan Rhys Meyers 1lo .
I love the Tudor family , I make sure I watch all the history shows about the family.

For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come-Shakespeare

Hell is just a frame of mind-Christopher Marlowe

Darkling I listen; and, for many a time
I have been half in love with easeful Death,
Call'd him soft names in many a musèd rhyme,
To take into the air my quiet breath;
Now more than ever seems it rich to die,
To cease upon the midnight with no pain,
While thou art pouring forth thy soul abroad
In such an ecstasy!
-
John Keats
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

Eh, I've not had any encounter, but I saw the movies, read the books and went to Hampton Court and the Tower of London. The story they tell you in the Tower of London is terrible, but it's real. They took Anne through the gate, and years later, Elizabeth Tudor could look out of her prison she was put in by Mary, and see the gate where her mother had passed, walking to her own dead.
Hampton Court... well, you should visit it yourself. I haven't met Kitty Howards spirit that still dwells there, but maybe you have more luck. Although, I do doubt you're Lucky if you encounter her ghost. They say she runs through the corridor, desperate trying to speak Henry because she doesn't want to die.

So a tip: You better take the portal, and not summon or buy any of these spirits. I'm not sure but Henry Tudor is very dangerous IMO. We can be glad we don't live in that age.

He divorced his first wife, when she couldn't give them a male heir. (She was crazy because she still didn't believe he divorced her, she named herself the queen till her death, in a small cottage, far away from her beloved daughter... )
He send his second wife to the block to get her head chopped off because she couldn't give him a male heir. ( Anne Boleyn was send to her dead, couldn't say farewell to her daughter, and had her brothers head chopped off because they told she had mated with her brother... can you believe it? So her so precious daughter was a bastard, and the man she loved send her to her death. She was put in unholy ground if I'm correct)
His third wife died in the birthing bed, because she finally have him a male heir. ( And if you see the series, she wasn't quite so happy how he raised their kid)
His fourth wife he divorced, and I'm pretty sure she was very happy about that one. ( but she was taken from her homeland, and never returned)
His fifth wife he send to the block to get her head chopped off, because she was a naief little girl. ( she is still haunting Hampton Court for all they say. The story is she fell in love with Culpepper, and then she was sentenced to death, a day after him. On the same chopping block, she could lay her head. She was put in unholy ground if I'm correct)
His sixth wife outlived him and was probably very happy. ( but then she married Thomas Seymour who did terrible things with Elizabeth Tudor, so she send Elizabeth away to life somewhere else, and never saw the kid again because she dies in childbirth)

He had a lot of bastards. He send his trusted advisors to an early grave. He was in war with the Pope, the Church, the country of Spain and the country of France.

his children:

- Bloody Mary: His first daughter. The beginning of her life was pretty good. She was loved by both her parents... and then her father divorced her mother, her mother was send away to very far away, and the marriage was anulled, so Mary became a bastard. With the time of Anne, he ignored her, had his minions send dead threaths, made her beg several times. He 'dumped' her practically when Anne married him and he got another babe on the way. Her mother died and Mary couldn't visit her anymore. When Anne was sentenced to death, he send a very unwanted baby sister to Mary so she was supposed to take care of yet another named bastard of her father. Then she had a nice time with Jane Seymour, but then it went bad again, because her dad married a girl from her age that was mean to her. She was still not married. Good thing Kathy Parr came around to marry Henry, because then he was finally nice to his children... nice enough anyways. When her dad died, and then her baby brother died, she finally became queen. In her first years she had her sister Elizabeth locked up in a tower, married some foreign prince and send a Thousand and more protestants to their death.
- the Virgin Queen; an unwanted daughter because he wanted a boy. He send her to life away from them, taking care by her elder sister who probably hated her at the first moment. Not so hard to get why. Then her mother was send to the chopping block, by her fathers orders, and Elizabeth was called a bastard and not a child from Henry. No princess anymore, but a bastard. Bye mommy. Bye daddy. Bye nice clothing and nice castles. Goodness Kath Parr came around right. But then Henry died, and Elizabeth went to live in the house of Katherina Parr & Thomas Seymour. Thomas Seymour did things to her that would be called child abuse today. She was sent away to live somewhere else. When her brother died, her sister came to the throne and Elizabeth was locked up the same dungeon where her mother was send to the chopping block. She brought the Golden Age to England, but she never married.. probably not so hard to guess why if your father is Henry Tudor.
- Edward: Henry's finally so wanted heir, who came into this world and lost his mother right away. Henry was so afraid the kid would get a disease, he locked the kid up in quarantaine. The kid has almost no life, but was a puppet of his uncles when his father died. He had a dog that is killed by one uncle, he was almost kidnapped by that uncle, and his other uncle held him in quarantaine. He died when he was 16.

If there is anything like angry spirits, you sure as hell could name them I guess. And like I said, I doubt you're Lucky to meet Kitty Howards ghost, because you will feel cold, and desperate. She is in agony. She is scared. She was just a girl of 15. Don't call three times Bloody Mary for your mirror, because I'm sure it's the Mary Tudor that will find you, and you better don't encounter her. If I would see Henry Tudor in real life, I would run to the other side of the world, because no way I'll ever want to see such a terrible man. So... no offence, but... The Tudors is a tv-show, the books written by Alison Weir are fantasy books based on reality. If you would want to meet anyone of them... I wouldn't unless I've the promise of Ash, Magnolia, Cairyos and all others on this site who are very experienced in spirits, that it's totally safe.

PS: we all love Jonathan Rhys Meyers, but King Henry VIII Tudor wasn't so handsome as he is. It's HBO, it's the same as with the Borgia Pope. They all look so handsome in the series, but in real life at the end, they were terrible looking monsters probably.

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor

Fireshadow wrote:Eh, I've not had any encounter, but I saw the movies, read the books and went to Hampton Court and the Tower of London. The story they tell you in the Tower of London is terrible, but it's real. They took Anne through the gate, and years later, Elizabeth Tudor could look out of her prison she was put in by Mary, and see the gate where her mother had passed, walking to her own dead.
Hampton Court... well, you should visit it yourself. I haven't met Kitty Howards spirit that still dwells there, but maybe you have more luck. Although, I do doubt you're Lucky if you encounter her ghost. They say she runs through the corridor, desperate trying to speak Henry because she doesn't want to die.

So a tip: You better take the portal, and not summon or buy any of these spirits. I'm not sure but Henry Tudor is very dangerous IMO. We can be glad we don't live in that age.

He divorced his first wife, when she couldn't give them a male heir. (She was crazy because she still didn't believe he divorced her, she named herself the queen till her death, in a small cottage, far away from her beloved daughter... )
He send his second wife to the block to get her head chopped off because she couldn't give him a male heir. ( Anne Boleyn was send to her dead, couldn't say farewell to her daughter, and had her brothers head chopped off because they told she had mated with her brother... can you believe it? So her so precious daughter was a bastard, and the man she loved send her to her death. She was put in unholy ground if I'm correct)
His third wife died in the birthing bed, because she finally have him a male heir. ( And if you see the series, she wasn't quite so happy how he raised their kid)
His fourth wife he divorced, and I'm pretty sure she was very happy about that one. ( but she was taken from her homeland, and never returned)
His fifth wife he send to the block to get her head chopped off, because she was a naief little girl. ( she is still haunting Hampton Court for all they say. The story is she fell in love with Culpepper, and then she was sentenced to death, a day after him. On the same chopping block, she could lay her head. She was put in unholy ground if I'm correct)
His sixth wife outlived him and was probably very happy. ( but then she married Thomas Seymour who did terrible things with Elizabeth Tudor, so she send Elizabeth away to life somewhere else, and never saw the kid again because she dies in childbirth)

He had a lot of bastards. He send his trusted advisors to an early grave. He was in war with the Pope, the Church, the country of Spain and the country of France.

his children:

- Bloody Mary: His first daughter. The beginning of her life was pretty good. She was loved by both her parents... and then her father divorced her mother, her mother was send away to very far away, and the marriage was anulled, so Mary became a bastard. With the time of Anne, he ignored her, had his minions send dead threaths, made her beg several times. He 'dumped' her practically when Anne married him and he got another babe on the way. Her mother died and Mary couldn't visit her anymore. When Anne was sentenced to death, he send a very unwanted baby sister to Mary so she was supposed to take care of yet another named bastard of her father. Then she had a nice time with Jane Seymour, but then it went bad again, because her dad married a girl from her age that was mean to her. She was still not married. Good thing Kathy Parr came around to marry Henry, because then he was finally nice to his children... nice enough anyways. When her dad died, and then her baby brother died, she finally became queen. In her first years she had her sister Elizabeth locked up in a tower, married some foreign prince and send a Thousand and more protestants to their death.
- the Virgin Queen; an unwanted daughter because he wanted a boy. He send her to life away from them, taking care by her elder sister who probably hated her at the first moment. Not so hard to get why. Then her mother was send to the chopping block, by her fathers orders, and Elizabeth was called a bastard and not a child from Henry. No princess anymore, but a bastard. Bye mommy. Bye daddy. Bye nice clothing and nice castles. Goodness Kath Parr came around right. But then Henry died, and Elizabeth went to live in the house of Katherina Parr & Thomas Seymour. Thomas Seymour did things to her that would be called child abuse today. She was sent away to live somewhere else. When her brother died, her sister came to the throne and Elizabeth was locked up the same dungeon where her mother was send to the chopping block. She brought the Golden Age to England, but she never married.. probably not so hard to guess why if your father is Henry Tudor.
- Edward: Henry's finally so wanted heir, who came into this world and lost his mother right away. Henry was so afraid the kid would get a disease, he locked the kid up in quarantaine. The kid has almost no life, but was a puppet of his uncles when his father died. He had a dog that is killed by one uncle, he was almost kidnapped by that uncle, and his other uncle held him in quarantaine. He died when he was 16.

If there is anything like angry spirits, you sure as hell could name them I guess. And like I said, I doubt you're Lucky to meet Kitty Howards ghost, because you will feel cold, and desperate. She is in agony. She is scared. She was just a girl of 15. Don't call three times Bloody Mary for your mirror, because I'm sure it's the Mary Tudor that will find you, and you better don't encounter her. If I would see Henry Tudor in real life, I would run to the other side of the world, because no way I'll ever want to see such a terrible man. So... no offence, but... The Tudors is a tv-show, the books written by Alison Weir are fantasy books based on reality. If you would want to meet anyone of them... I wouldn't unless I've the promise of Ash, Magnolia, Cairyos and all others on this site who are very experienced in spirits, that it's totally safe.

PS: we all love Jonathan Rhys Meyers, but King Henry VIII Tudor wasn't so handsome as he is. It's HBO, it's the same as with the Borgia Pope. They all look so handsome in the series, but in real life at the end, they were terrible looking monsters probably.
Hello Fireshadow ,

Thank you for writing such a long text , i didn't knew some details :D ! Well i know the story (in general) and it's true that he was a cruel and horrible person , i REALLY don't want to meet him or his wives or daughters .

I'm fascinated by the character and i have to say that the TV show was indeed "greatly" enhanced. Like the choice of actors or the story that make him more human (which maybe some facts are true). Just maybe it would be interesting to go to Hampton Court to visit some day.

Don't worry i will not contact them in any way and i SERIOUSLY scared of things "game" some calls that as Bloody Mary or others . I lived dangerous things so i know . Thank you for warning me :)

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Hello Nienna,

Well, it makes me very happy that I could learn you more of him. ;) The Tudors are my favorite part of English-British history. XD

I got to know them as well by the tv-show. I'm not sure how long ago it is that it aired on Belgium television. Did you see the movie about Elizabeth? The Golden age or something it's called.
I learned a lot by that movie, I totally didn't had a clue the state Virginia is called after Elizabeth Tudor xd Her response to it was great in the movie!
I've seen the movie, the Other Bolyen girl as well, and some other movies about it.
When I went to see Hampton Court, is was very interesting, because they guide you through the castle and tell you stories about the real life. You could see the kitchens,... I mean I learned that they used the bread of the pie as things to keep in, and they didn't even eat it! And there was that fountain that they had build, by the fast build castle when Henry met with the French King, and they talked about the engagement of Mary and the Dauphin, that great fountain were they could drink wine in stead of water! That same fountain is still standing there, but sadly you can't drink from it anymore XD And you can walk in all the rooms, hallways, you see the dinninghall ( enormous), and the room where the council had its meetings. And you can pick different storylines. I have had some of them, and listened to the story about Young Henry Tudor, and his first marriage, and his first Cardinal Wolsley. ;) There is even a hotel next by the Hampton Court, called Cardinal Wolsley if I'm correct ;)

I just can relate a lot to his children, I mean, they had a really difficult time growning-up. It's probably already something if you're the child of a King & Queen, but for them, being the children of Henry Tudor :(

Well, the Bloody Mary thing I totally got from Supernatural of course :p but still, there is a drink out there called Bloody Mary as well? And I'm very scared to even try calling Bloody Mary out loud, I don't want that queen to come after me or something.

I mean, from all those people I wouldn't mind contacting Elizabeth Tudor, because she seemed the most kind person of the entire family, and she was incredibly wise. She was a real time feminist, wasn't she? Being a queen for so many years?! She totally ruled it. She was the mother, the wife, the daughter, the sister of all her people. She was married with England, that's why she didn't choose a husband it's told ;) She was Anne Bolyens sweetest revenge on Henry.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I don't think Catherine of Aragon is widely considered mad.

I've spent a lot of time reading about her, and here's the deal with her refusal to accept the end of the marriage and loss of her rank/title:

First of all, what Henry sought--and ultimately received--was NOT a divorce. It was an annulment. Legally, it would be as though the marriage had never even happened. This is a very important distinction. A divorcé(e) could not re-marry and would never be free to re-marry while their ex-spouse was alive. A divorce would do Henry no good in the matter of his marrying Anne Boleyn and siring a male heir with her. A divorce would also render his sole heir, Mary, a bastard who would then be barred from becoming queen. This would not be good for Henry's legacy should a male heir never come.

She was a very staunch Catholic. Now, remember in Europe in those times you took the religion of the culture in which you lived and were permitted no other. She was born in Catholic Spain and lived in a Catholic England until Henry removed the country from the Catholic religion (different denominations were viewed as separate religions.)

The highest authority for Catherine was the Pope, whom she considered God's representative on Earth. She was extraordinarily devout, pious and principled.

When she married Henry VIII, they had to receive a papal dispensation (special permission from the Pope) for two reasons: consanguinity (they were too related under Church law, but this could be waived by dispensation) and incest (she had been married to Henry's older brother Arthur, although they more than likely did not consummate the relationship.) Once given a papal dispensation, a marriage could not be annulled on the grounds waived by the dispensation. This meant that the Pope would never annul their marriage based on consanguinity or incest--unless he had political motives.

Henry spent YEARS seeking from the Pope and his representatives an annulment of his marriage to Catherine. Catherine was examined by the papal representatives and questioned about her marriage with Arthur in case it had been consummated. Henry was still a Catholic working through Catholic channels. In fact, he wrote at least one piece condemning the Protestants in defense of the Catholic church. As he fell further in love with Anne Boleyn, Henry began reading literature supporting the Protestant faith and interacting more with Protestant people--Anne and her associates and family had Protestant sympathies. Over time, his desire for Anne, his need for an heir, and his love of autocracy led Henry to remove England from the Catholic church.

Henry's primary contention was that the issue of his marriage should be decided by British authorities rather than Roman ones--a state's rights issue, if you would. Over time, he also became convinced that God was punishing him for his consanguinous and incestuous marriage to Catherine. The punishment was his lack of a male heir.

Ultimately, as we all know, Henry got his way. His own British archbishops annulled the marriage, and Henry went on to marry Anne. Catherine, however, was still a very staunch Catholic. Therefore she recognized the Pope's authority but NOT the authority of the English clergy who had given Henry his way. To her, it was the legal and spiritual equivalent of a state policeman telling her that her marriage was invalidated rather than the President/Prime Minister or the Supreme Court rendering a formal decision on her marriage. Not only did she not recognize the authority of the archbishops where it conflicted with that of the Pope, but this annulment also essentially branded her a liar since she had sworn that she and Arthur Tudor had never consummated their marriage. It also would potentially disinherit her only child if ANY children were born of Henry and Anne's union, whether male or female. Because those children would be legitimate, a male would supersede Mary and a female would at least jeopardize her claim.

Given this backdrop, Catherine was not mad. She honored her conscience.

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Well, maybe that was the wrong word. English isn't my mothertongue after all.

But I mean.... I don't think Anne Boleyn was mad either, or Kitty Howard, or any of his wives, but... they went through something horribly, and they died, when the man they loved deeply turned away from them. And with the King the country turned away as well. Catherine lost her child & her husband, & her castle, and she died very lonely.

That's what I meant; Catherine of Aragon died in pain, in agony, forsaken by the husband she married, and I doubt she is going to be a happy spirit or happy woman to encounter. I seriously think she went mad at the end of her live, because who wouldn't? Who wouldn't turn mad from grief and agony and pain when you did lose everything you once held dear?

And yes, she was a catholic, but in the end, God didn't help her either, did He? She still lost everything...

So what I mean, is just: I wouldn't encounter Catherine, Anne, ( I'm not sure of Jane but...), Anne ( I'm not sure about her either), Kitty and Kath, because they died in agony & pain. IMO, they would be the spirits that haunt and try to get back what they lost. You hear the stories about the spirits in pain, the spirits of slaves, of people in the asylum, of soldiers dying in war, people dying in fire, people kidnapped, etc, etc...

So IMO, the queens of Henry would all be the same... (and Henry is just to dangerous IMO). Mary, his eldest, I would also put in the same category. Edward probably as well ( and even so, Edward deserves to rest in peace).

The Only one I should trust to encounter is Elizabeth, because she probably died in happiness, because she brought the country back to the top. Her people loved her, adored her. She survived it all, and she could lay her head to rest and be proud on what she accomplished.

And she would be the only one to be happy on what she accomplished. Because all the others, didn't accomplish their dreams or if they did, they lost it all.

Return to “Human”