Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: kelpie
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrien Rook

Darksbane wrote:
AmethystRayne wrote:
The Styx Group wrote:
AmethystRayne wrote:^^ what Noc said. Generally, threads aren't archived unless there's a good reason for them to be.
I am merely curious, what are those types of reasons?
C-
Rule breaking mostly. Like the example you gave about someone being attacked.

Was there rule breaking anywhere in the thread? I haven't been on in a while... Hurricane and all... So I haven't read it. But from this post it looks to me like the reasoning for wanting it archived is simply bc it's not getting much traffic.
Yeah not exactly. It was more me sharing it, but I didn't want to have it up permanently, as I wasn't planning on keeping it here. I think what I'll do if I want to share something like that again, I will post it as a link like postimage, then simply take it down externally. That way I don't need to ask.

Lately though I have not asked to have threads taken down, as I know it gets redundant. It was more a thing I didn't think through. Thank you Noc, Amethyst, and Cayrios.

Overall I'll be more aware of what I decide to post, yes. :) Again, my apologies.
From what I understand, the reason members aren't able to delete their own threads is because there were issues with members harassing/slandering other members in the forums & deleting the threads after, making it difficult to sort out what was going on, or what was actually said.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Shadows_ and_Omens wrote:
Darksbane wrote:
AmethystRayne wrote:
The Styx Group wrote:
AmethystRayne wrote:^^ what Noc said. Generally, threads aren't archived unless there's a good reason for them to be.
C-

Was there rule breaking anywhere in the thread? I haven't been on in a while... Hurricane and all... So I haven't read it. But from this post it looks to me like the reasoning for wanting it archived is simply bc it's not getting much traffic.
Yeah not exactly. It was more me sharing it, but I didn't want to have it up permanently, as I wasn't planning on keeping it here. I think what I'll do if I want to share something like that again, I will post it as a link like postimage, then simply take it down externally. That way I don't need to ask.

Lately though I have not asked to have threads taken down, as I know it gets redundant. It was more a thing I didn't think through. Thank you Noc, Amethyst, and Cayrios.

Overall I'll be more aware of what I decide to post, yes. :) Again, my apologies.
From what I understand, the reason members aren't able to delete their own threads is because there were issues with members harassing/slandering other members in the forums & deleting the threads after, making it difficult to sort out what was going on, or what was actually said.

Pretty much yeah. But I'm not slandering other members and whatnot. May just end up causing trouble for myself. Sigh. Things haven't been too great IRL today. Anyways.

Cheers, :hug:

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Shadows_ and_Omens
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: kelpie
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrien Rook

Darksbane wrote:
Shadows_ and_Omens wrote:
Darksbane wrote:
AmethystRayne wrote:
The Styx Group wrote:
C-

Pretty much yeah. But I'm not slandering other members and whatnot. May just end up causing trouble for myself. Sigh. Things haven't been too great IRL today. Anyways.

Cheers, :hug:
I wasn't implying that you were. I was just mentioning why we don't have the option of deleting our own threads. We would still have that option if certain people would have just had the decency to interact respectfully and honestly with others on the forums, but that unfortunately wasn't the case. It's a shame when the actions of a select few ruin something for everyone else. The chat feature on ParaEcho was taken down for similar reasons, which was something I found rather disappointing. 1hd

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Shadows_ and_Omens wrote: I wasn't implying that you were. I was just mentioning why we don't have the option of deleting our own threads. We would still have that option if certain people would have just had the decency to interact respectfully and honestly with others on the forums, but that unfortunately wasn't the case. It's a shame when the actions of a select few ruin something for everyone else. The chat feature on ParaEcho was taken down for similar reasons, which was something I found rather disappointing. 1hd
Yep no worries; wasn't saying you were, my apologies for the mangled statement. :(
And yes that makes sense, it's unfortunate, but yeah, what can ya do. Maybe things will improve eventually.

Ah I didn't realize there was a chat feature on PE. Hm.

Take care Shadows, I hope you are having a good day. Best wishes.

Cheers

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Uhm. Just asking again, but is it alright that the other thread be removed, or is that decided that it's not? Just a bit confused here, my apologies

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

...?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Let it go, I guess.
If it's going to be archived, it will be archived.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:Let it go, I guess.
If it's going to be archived, it will be archived.
Alright, sorry. 1e

Return to “Report CH Site Issues”