You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I have always felt connections with a few Immortals: Horus, Auset, Poseidon, Athena, etc. They picked me when I was reading books where they were characters. I saw their symbols and I immediately felt chills down my spine.

I have been going back and forth on adopting them through CH because of a few things... I mean, I don't have any qualms on my abilities or anything, but just the fact that they're DA in general.

I mean, I know humans are technically DA spirits. I think it's because I've never done it before. I mean, I have WA spirits. I'm not new to the paranormal as I've been involved in it for six, going on seven years this November, so I'm not new to spirits at all. I have seen my fair share of happy (WA) and mean (DA) spirits. I have dealt with them, too, so why am I nervous?

I think the main reason I'm nervous is because of the adjustment period that comes along with having DA spirits. I'm an Empath, so I don't really like the thought of having negative thoughts or anything of that nature. I have times where I don't know what emotions are mine or what's someone else's.

What have been your experiences with the adjustment period with DA spirits?

My spirit family is forever growing. I'm extremely thankful for the ones in my Keep.

The reason for my user/display name: I started Spirit Keeping in 2016.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Yes immortals are DA but we have to keep in mind they aren't like spirits. They are immortals, it's a whole other wavelength of energy (and yes it is awesome).
So I would just advise rather than focusing on how you will adapt to the energy of DA spirits, to focus on how you will adapt to immortal energy. You might be surprised about how it affects you - and it will be very different depending on the immortal as well as your unique connection with that presence.

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

It varies with the individual. For some, it may take weeks - months, even - to adjust. For others, like myself, no adjustment period is necessary because you're already used to such energy.

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:Yes immortals are DA but we have to keep in mind they aren't like spirits. They are immortals, it's a whole other wavelength of energy (and yes it is awesome).

Agree. It wouldn't be similar to adopting individual spirits or entities.
It may take some times, as mentioned by the others, to adjust to certain personal aspects of them. But for the full aspect of individual deity, it would take much longer, even lifetime.

How about trying to call and communicate with them first? They might answer your call even without the binding.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
spiritkeeper16
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I know that there's a period of adjustment, but it doesn't happen for everyone, right? It depends on the person how much of an adjustment period that they have, if any at all.

I wanted the binding not only for the sake of having the binding itself, but also to be able to create more of a relationship than what just talking to what some people could consider "thin air" would do.

My spirit family is forever growing. I'm extremely thankful for the ones in my Keep.

spiritkeeper16
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you all for your suggestions. :)

Sephiroth
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: sephiroth
Zodiac:

spiritkeeper16 wrote:I know that there's a period of adjustment, but it doesn't happen for everyone, right? It depends on the person how much of an adjustment period that they have, if any at all.

I wanted the binding not only for the sake of having the binding itself, but also to be able to create more of a relationship than what just talking to what some people could consider "thin air" would do.
Doesnt only depend on the person but on the immortal , spirit or entity aswell. The energy i feel from the Japanese deities feels warm and friendly .

WubbaLubbaDubDub
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

You'll be fine. Forget that whole DA jazz. CH says that because Immortals have the choice, like humans do, to go one way or another.
Get some good mythology books and read up on Them. My personal opinion is not to use the CH encyclopedia as your sole source of info. Sorry. I just sort of disagree with some of the entries ...
Anyway. You don't need bindings, unless you want them. (Trust me, it doesn't make a difference unless your sensing skills are super great, and even then I still don't think you need it.) You can set up an altar space on your own and make offerings or go about it however you feel comfortable. The nice thing about working with Immortals is that there is tons of info available, unlike for spirit races.
You chose a great group of deities - or did They chose you? ;P Heck you can't go wrong with any god or goddess. Don't be afraid of Them, just respect Them. Pray/talk to Them sincerely about your interest and see where you might get some pings of connection. Sometimes one god may lead you to another god, or someone you didn't expect may answer. Or one in particular may come through stronger than others. It could be seasonal, or depend on where you are, like if you go to the ocean you might feel Poseidon stronger that day for example. Some might feel fatherly/motherly, some might feel like buddies/friends, some might feel like guides, who knows. Anpu or Hermes may guide you around or you may experience dream visits or various messages until things sort of settle out. There's no rush for dedications and bindings and stuff.
Is it Them, Their culture, Their magick, or Their element (underworld, sky, forest, ocean, etc.) that interests you?

I noticed you used the "Auset" spelling. In that case, you may wish to call Horus by "Heru," Osiris by "Ausir," and Anubis by "Anpu." ^_^ (Tbh you will see various spellings depending on where you look.)
Try not to confuse Auset with "Isis of Ten Thousand Names" and the other ways She's evolved for the Wiccans and stuff.
Personally I think Anpu enjoys Halloween. ;P He can be a comforting mentor. Kinda quiet to me, but I usually worked with the feline Netjeru.

I think you mentioned Pan in another thread. To me, He has a gentle, playful wildness, and He is kind to those who honor Him. If you like satyrs and get along well with them, you'll be fine. I think anyone who appreciates nature (and preserving it), the forest, old ways of farming, music, earthiness, simple fun, and, well, lusty instincts lol, will get along with Him great.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
spiritkeeper16
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lokakisa: I used Auset because of the group whom bares her name. I don't want to give them power by using their "version," for lack of a better word choice, of her name. Know what I mean?

Immortals and humans are alike in that aspect, right? We can choose between right and wrong.

The reason why I think that they chose me is because I read Rick Riordan's books that had them in it as characters. I saw symbols of two of them (Horus and Auset.) -- Was I mixing up her name? I just looked it up and saw a spelling of Aset. I saw Auset, too, though. Are both correct? Or is one wrong? I'm just nervous to use her given name because of what's going on in the world right now.

I'm just hesitant because I have a spirit in my keep whom does not like DA entities, but I think that that's because the ones whom he came in contact with weren't really nice, they always chose "evil," so to speak. I haven't had the chance to talk to him much.

I did mention Pan in another thread, yes. I have read about him before, as well as other deities of the same and different pantheons. I also have a faery whom I think would be under his "jurisdiction," so to speak. I would love to have him around! Heck, I would love to have all of the Immortals whom I have a connection with around to chat and gain their wisdom, but I don't want to frighten one of the spirits in my Keep.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Oh ... Oh! Okay I gotcha, lol. Really though, that spelling is Greek. The Kemetic spelling, as best as we know, is either Aset or Auset. Is-Is (using the hyphen to make you feel better) is more equated with a Greco-Roman version of a more encompassing goddess that modern pagans have kind of taken to, and if you are more interested in the strictly Kemetic version, then it's all well and good to say Aset or Auset.
Transliterating the hieroglyphics into the English alphabet is kind of tough. You are going to see spelling variations. Which is probably why people default to the Greek names....

Yeah I think you just need to throw the idea of "dark" out of your mind and not worry about it, but that's just me. Once you read the myths (or remember the ones you know), you'll probably realize why CH chose that designation, just like they call humans DA. But really, we're not talking about "dark" deities here so much. You could talk to your spirit companions and ask if they'd be bothered by any of these Immortals, but I can't imagine why they would be.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.

Return to “Immortals”