new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
If I could be anything, I would be...: Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: M
Zodiac:

LadyWo1f wrote: Oh yeah, and ghaost, you know anything about vampires in Scotland in particular? Any lore or information involving vampires in or neighboring the area? Mine comes from there.

Okay thanks guys! 2yn
I'm not super familiar with Scottish culture (I always end up ignoring it for Ireland tbh), but nothing in my mind sticks out from the legends of other cultures. I'm sure your spirit has better insight into their area than I would though.

Also if you were curious the garlic myth comes from way back when vampires were viewed more as living (rotting) corpses and was used as a disease deterrent, whereas crosses were always specified to be made of the wood of the tree that jesus's cross was made from (don't remember which one exactly), so the whole stake thing was a sort of religious attack more than anything.
Noctifera wrote:[/color]
Oh, no that's definitely an important point, but I think I was misunderstanding your point a little.

I think it is especially important to note Byron's work because of what you said about the aristocratic element because until then vampires were depicted as the poor and haggard (which you could definitely make into a social commentary about our ideas of monsters throughout time, but that's a different thread I suspect)

Return to “Vampire”