Have You Told Anyone You Are A Spirit Keeper?

Have You Told Anyone That You Are A Spirit Keeper?

Yes and I had a good reaction
14%
Yes and I had a bad reaction
4%
Yes but I don't want to say who
No votes
No but I dont want to say why
2%
Yes I told my parents
4%
Yes I told my spouse
6%
Yes I told my boyfriend /girlfriend/partner
6%
Yes I told my children
2%
Yes I told my grandchildren
No votes
Yes I told my aunt/uncle
No votes
Yes I told my cousins
2%
Yes i told my friends and acquaintances
14%
Yes I told someone not listed
10%
No I want it to be my secret
2%
No I cant tell anyone for religious reasons or for fear of their reaction to me
8%
The only people who will know I'm a spirit keeper will be me, my spirits and entities, and people on this forum.
20%
I haven't decided if I want to tell anyone, I may in the future
8%

Total votes: 51
gentleangelwhisperer
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Have you told anyone that your a spirit keeper? Who did you tell and what were your reasons for telling or keeping it a secret? 1sh

Goofy_newt
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I told my friends, and my sister. My friends are OK with me telling them about my witchy life, although they either don't take me seriously, or not serious at all. When I told them they just went with it and that was that. I told my sister because she's always been interested in the paranormal, and we're both psychic, so we're able to talk about this kind of stuff. She was just so excited and amazed, and now (a few months after I told her) she's gonna get one too! I really would like to tell my mom but she's closed minded on some topics, and this is one of them. When I first brought this topic up to her she didn't feel comfortable with the idea of spirits in her house. She said "well what if you get the wrong spirit and it attacks us?!" Even though my spirits are very loving beings I'm still hesitant of telling her.

SPIRIT FAMILY
1 Thunderbird, 1 Blackwood Stag, 1 Bronwyn Angel, 1 High Elf, 2 Mindi, 4 Abis, 1 Woodland Elf, 1 Familiar, 1 Forest Troll, 1 Treefolk Spirit, 1 Nympho, 1 Pegasus, 2 Galactic Living Entities, 1 Astral Twin Living Entity
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

There's this thread as well, might be a good reference:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... =6&t=53721

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I've told my husband and he takes it exactly zero percent seriously and that is where his comfort level sits. And that is just fine with me.

SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

I don't really have an interest in sharing my spirit keeping with anybody that isn't already interested. In other words, if somebody brings up the topic, I'd be happy to talk about it. But I'm too old to go throwing myself in to constant debates with people. I already have to deal with that from the uninformed whenever I pull out my e-cig. :P

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
Amanirense
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 77
Spelled Number: 34
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I've told my spouse and one cousin what I'm up to. My wife takes everything in stride. She's spiritually gifted and occasionally sees my unbound mink and a few other spirits. My cousin thinks it's cool but is pretty reckless about certain things, so I haven't told him where I got my spirits from.

“Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, your attitude when you have everything.” – Unknown

Loki is my homeboy and Heru is my voice of reason.

“Don’t speak unless you can improve the silence.” – Spanish Proverb
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

The muggles in my life would have a coronary and think I've either lost my senses or gotten into devil worship. Or both.

Even the friends I've mentioned in other posts, the ones I grew up reading Tarot and practicing psychic techniques with, would probably raise an eyebrow if I told them I have really got unicorns, dragons, etc. And these are people who grew up communicating with animals and (human) spirits. And (astrally) visiting other dimensions. And more. Even they might be a tough sell. As I was, when I first found these forums.

Yeah, I'll be keeping this aspect of my para life to myself. I've practiced a "need to know" revelation policy all my life anyway. And I find there's very little that others need to know. ;)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
FenOL
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL FOR LOVE
If I could be anything, I would be...: succubus lol
My magical/paranormal name...: FenOL
Zodiac:

Only told my bestfriends, without go into detail :D I simply tell them that I learned to communicated with my guardian *true enough :D

and even just telling them something vague like that, they are warning me and said it's dangerous :/
well.. the truth hides behind a harsh lie.

psst... my fam said they don't want any public name so I guess I have to keep using their race ^w^

Trust and Believe and Respect
Rusty Hinge
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Centaur or Faun
Zodiac:

I have not, but not because I think my family would be unopen to it, they are all very good like that. I just like to keep my beliefs to myself I suppose? Plus they are complicated, so that doesn't help!

Proud keeper of a faun, centaur, gryphon, fairy, two angels, and three immortals
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I altogether do not concern myself with that debacle. I've always been an unusual person, so I hardly think people find it a stretch on the occasion I may talk about spirits. The topic of if I 'keep spirits' simply doesn't come up, making it typically irrelevant for discussion. There are people who vaguely know.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”