You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gryphon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rubyluv
Zodiac:

All of this has been extremely helpful and clarifying for me, especially Krowe's first explanation and all that came after. Thank you all for this. I cringe to admit it but I honestly believed demons were bad, evil. It's how I was raised, what I learned in the church of my childhood, and documentaries and novels and such that scared the crap out of me all my life. Having taken it upon myself to learn more, I see it's not so simple, not so black and white. I know now that "evil" is a subjective concept, outside of certain hallmarks majorly agreed upon (genocide, for example). I don't know if it should embarass me or not but what really made me start trying to educate myself about demons are romance novels. Sherrilyn Kenyon and Kresley Cole are the two I read most. I'm well aware it's all fiction, romanticism, etc etc etc. But I honestly never once thought, before these novels, that my views were not the truth, not the whole picture AT ALL. In fact, my "knowledge" was woefully lacking. I did try, so hard, to figure this all out on my own but there's so much information, and sparse info even at times, that I've been more confused than when I started.

So because of the replies here, while I still have A LOT to learn, I understand it much better. Thank you.

Proud companion of a Gryphon-N, Werewolf-D, Steel Golem, Norse Light Elf-A, Air & Water/Sea Elf Spirit-M, Bird Fairy-Ar, Lion Shifter-Mz, Throne Angel-De, Ice Stag-K, Pegasus-L, Sanguine Vampire-Ke, Barrow Dragon-Mi, Unicorn-An, Owl Familiar-Sc, Avenging Angel-T, Mermaid-Me, Rainbow Dragon-Ag, Raven Familiar-Th, Fairy Godmother-Mia, Snake Familiar-H, Were-Horse-To
xXTsukiNoOokamiXx
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires, Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Okami Yokai (maybe)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ōkami
Zodiac:

Lowborne Demons are not considered Purely demon, but are demons nevertheless. Otherwise, yes. That's what I was saying. :P

Spirits: 23
Entities: 11
Immortals: 2
"Stop comparing yourself to others. Your accomplishments or lack thereof matter not. No one else can be you. So long as you remain proud of yourself you will attract opportunities and success. Be proud!" -Okami yokai Katsu.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

Welllll wow, this thread blew up into quite the stash of information! (In my opinion) thank you everyone! XD

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
Darksbane wrote: Alice's origin? What's that mean? Hmm. So you're meaning to tell me that demon isn't so much a "type" of entity/spirit, (like mammals, reptiles and so forth) but a type of energy, to you? Hm. I thought it was a form of creature, that was defined by a type of energy. That's what I think anyways.

Again, many question, but least we are working through them. thank you, Krowe and Aprophis. :)
There are thousands of demon races out there. With many different forms. Abyssal demons for example reach from blind, fishlike ones to imps to humanoid ones.
And there's chaos demons, hellborn demons, highborn demons, lowborn demons and many many more races.

You can distinguish them from different races by their energies. How else would you be able to keep them apart? I mean take the Krampus, who's supposed to be a demon or any other demon shaped like it. How would you keep them apart for example from satyrs? Horns? Fur covered legs? Nope, satyrs are creatures from the natural realms while demons are from the demonic realms. Differences in energy is keeping them apart.

Of course you could always just ask, but the surefire way is to learn how their energy feels and identify them by that. Of course if you want to go down the path of a conjurer, you better learn how to work with trickery, illusions and deceit too.
Hmmm interesting, guess I'll do it how I always do: individually.

As for Alice, she says as far as her personal opinion is, she says that she didn't know of the term "demon" until she started interacting with humans, but if she was to go by most standards, then yes, she considers herself a "demon".

Least the original question is now answered. Many more to answer, but that's life. :D ;)
Aprophis wrote:
Darksbane wrote: Uhhmmm okay, what does that mean? XD So you mean to go by instinct? Or what? Lol. I'm confused... Demonic energy, how would one go about "feeling/testing" for that? I'm not a expert at this 1e ::rofl::
Well, depending on if she's a succubus from a bloodline of lilith or a succubus from a different world, that's just coincidentally a shapeshifter that feeds on sexual energy and is called succubus there, she'll have different energies.

I know that <<Removed by Mod>>, who have a shop, sell bindings of <<Removed by Mod>> succubi. They're aliens from a different world and I can't say why they're called succubi, but they are. So the name succubus might mean different things to different people and different religions and different mentalities.

And when you touch your skin and you're sensitive for energy, you don't just feel the skin, the texture, the warmth, you feel a vibration too. The energetic vibration of your energy.
So when you touch your succubus, don't focus on the feeling of her skin, the warmth, the 'phyiscal' impressions, focus on their unique energetic vibration. With time you might be able to pick up more on that energy, like elemental associations, does it feel earthy, fiery, watery, etc.
Ahh, now I think I understand, so sort of overall "sensing" and identifying by how they "feel" energy-wise, to me. :) That's a good idea!

As for her bloodline, it isn't something we have discussed much yet, (it's sort of a private topic for her) but she isn't a daughter of Lilth. I don't know if there is a gradual bloodline down, (like any typical bloodline) or there is just Lilth's daughters, but she isn't a direct offspring of Lilth, is all I know so far. She had a family and whatnot. But again, it'll likely not come to light for now, and if it does, I'll only share with her permission, since it is a private subject.

Thank you for the help Aprophis, it's been wonderful. :)
Rubyluv wrote:All of this has been extremely helpful and clarifying for me, especially Krowe's first explanation and all that came after. Thank you all for this. I cringe to admit it but I honestly believed demons were bad, evil. It's how I was raised, what I learned in the church of my childhood, and documentaries and novels and such that scared the crap out of me all my life. Having taken it upon myself to learn more, I see it's not so simple, not so black and white. I know now that "evil" is a subjective concept, outside of certain hallmarks majorly agreed upon (genocide, for example). I don't know if it should embarass me or not but what really made me start trying to educate myself about demons are romance novels. Sherrilyn Kenyon and Kresley Cole are the two I read most. I'm well aware it's all fiction, romanticism, etc etc etc. But I honestly never once thought, before these novels, that my views were not the truth, not the whole picture AT ALL. In fact, my "knowledge" was woefully lacking. I did try, so hard, to figure this all out on my own but there's so much information, and sparse info even at times, that I've been more confused than when I started.

So because of the replies here, while I still have A LOT to learn, I understand it much better. Thank you.
That's awesome Rubyluv, I'm glad that you have learned from this thread, and opened up, it's a amazing world out there. ^^ And thank you to all the people whom have contributed here, it's been wonderful doing a little learning here. :D

Cheers!

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

Was just wondering, would it be possible for a demon to mate with an angel? 1d

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.
FenOL
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL FOR LOVE
If I could be anything, I would be...: succubus lol
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: FenOL
Zodiac:

very nice thread :D so I guess a Ubis that comes from Lilith directly is a demon? Since I will be welcoming one, and an angel soon (even though the DA one lol), it will be a nice way for me to learn their energy and the difference.

psst... my fam said they don't want any public name so I guess I have to keep using their race ^w^

Trust and Believe and Respect
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

conxtion wrote:Was just wondering, would it be possible for a demon to mate with an angel? 1d
Samael (fallen angel) and LiIith (demoness), maybe.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

xXTsukiNoOokamiXx wrote:Lowborne Demons are not considered Purely demon, but are demons nevertheless. Otherwise, yes. That's what I was saying. :P
Depends on the conjurer really. If you'd ask Akelta from S&S, she would disagree. And since I count her as one of the luminary concerning demons, I'll go by her definition.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

conxtion wrote:Was just wondering, would it be possible for a demon to mate with an angel? 1d
Yes

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Sia Morphia
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Sia Agatha

I've kept demons here and there in the past, been through the 'dark path'...In the end, I found that my personal growth benefited more from leaving it behind me.

Return to “Dark Arts”