Working with Familiar and Unfamiliar Immortals?

KnowlegeSeeker
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I'm curious about working with immortals. Does it help if you know more about them before you work with them? For example, before I found Creepy Hollows, I was always somewhat of a history geek, and I studied Roman and Greek myths and gods, and to a lesser extent, Norse and Celtic deities.

However, I have since learned more of other pantheons of deities, such as the Hawaiian gods, Hindu gods, Shinto gods (from Japan), ect. While I have learned some facts about them, I still know very little about them in comparison to the others. Is it easier to work with a certain set of deities if you know more about them? Or, would being ignorant of them help keep your mind open? Or does it simply not matter?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Yes, it is helpful. Immortals are complex and multi-faceted beings, thus knowing more about about them may help in grasping how they are when working with them. That said, an open mind is also important as having fixed mind about someone may hinder your personal relationship (for example, even celebrities and stars pee and poop, sometimes with a hangover and without makeup).

But the lack of info is also true, thus knowing as much as you can from available info out there might be sufficient.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Well, for me I had never planned on working with immortals, but one chose me anyways as a surprize me offering. He is Egyptian, and while I know some things about a few Egyptian immortals I know nothing about him. I looked up info on him on CH to get an idea, but I also want to have a totally unspoiled view so he can tell me who he is.

Lionox
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

KnowlegeSeeker wrote:I'm curious about working with immortals. Does it help if you know more about them before you work with them? For example, before I found Creepy Hollows, I was always somewhat of a history geek, and I studied Roman and Greek myths and gods, and to a lesser extent, Norse and Celtic deities.

However, I have since learned more of other pantheons of deities, such as the Hawaiian gods, Hindu gods, Shinto gods (from Japan), ect. While I have learned some facts about them, I still know very little about them in comparison to the others. Is it easier to work with a certain set of deities if you know more about them? Or, would being ignorant of them help keep your mind open? Or does it simply not matter?
In my experience, it is a lot more beneficial to cast what you think you know about them aside (this includes written mythology out there) and start fresh...in other words, being ignorant does certainly help keep your mind open to discovering who they really are. I will say there is some truth in the mythos on each Immortal, but keep in mind that Immortals often have varying facets of themselves (some they will reveal to you, and some not) and the written mythology out there is only reflecting one of those many facets...dig deeper!

Jojo666
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mayan spirit
If I could be anything, I would be...: Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Thanks Chaos, I may be trying that 'fresh' approach with Immortals I am new to allow them to come through. :-) Its useful to know, but when dealing with Immortals from unfamiliar different pantheons, cultures, it's a better experience for me to interact with them and see what comes up and get to know them for who they are.

O! the one Life within us and abroad,
Which meets all motion and becomes its soul,
A light in sound, a sound-like power in light,
Rhythm in all thought, and joyance everywhere—
Methinks, it should have been impossible
Not to love all things in a world so filled;
Where the breeze warbles, and the mute still air
Is Music slumbering on her instrument.

Return to “Immortals”