Grounding

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
HowdoesoneUsername?
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: A pheonix
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I'm starting to get serious about spirit keeping but I need to start with the basics and working up from there while "fixing" myself so I can use my third eye properly. Does anyone know some good grounding exercises for cleansing and emotional stability? Also is grounding supposed to be done before or after meditation?

1s
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
HowdoesoneUsername?
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thank you, also I forgot to ask should I ground before or after meditation?

1s
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Mm that may depend on what kind of meditations.
The purposes of grounding are to stabilize energy, channel excess energy, connect to Earth energy, etc.
If the meditation requires any of the above, then before the meditation. If the meditation results in any of the above, then after the meditation. Although if you're not sure, maybe before and after the meditation just to be safe, unless you don't feel comfortable afterward : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
HowdoesoneUsername?
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Got it, While looking I also noticed centering being mentioned, do you know any techniques for that or is it the same thing?

1s
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Mm, centering is about focusing the energy, mind etc in specific place(s). It also has the purpose of stabilizing the energy/mind and differentiate excess energy.

The center may differ depending on which practice you do. Qigong places the center on the dantiens, especially the lower one near the navel. Some of yoga practices place them at the chakras or the center nadi for kundalini. I remember reading about those who center it at the chest/heart chakra.

Return to “Meditation”