Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Albion

I have a thing about reading; I love learning about different spirits and such, and in do so, I also love reading different descriptions of spirits on many different conjurer's websites, and on the forums. But recently, I have read through most of the ones on Mackical Menagerie; and so kept going through all of them and decided to read over the demonics; again, because I have a thing about learning about different beings.
I never had any intention about getting a demon, but just scrolling through and reading, I felt a bit off. Well I guess not "off" in a negative sense, but the feeling of being called; which kind of confused me. I myself am a more neutral person in my mind, but I have always been iffy on the subject of Black Arts, namely thinking that they are mostly bad and what not; I would maybe consider an exceedingly Dark Arts companion, but I am not one for hurting others; in fact, it is specifically said in my house rules that I would never wish harm upon someone for any reason, no matter what. I have strong moral standards based on karma, and so I do uphold this rule very strongly. Also, being that most demonics are Black Arts, or at least to the point of them actually being able to be bound to humans, I always thought that they would make problems for those around them. I mean, for those skilled in demonics by all means, if you know how to deal with them, and that's your area of expertise then go for it; I respect and admire that. But again, back to this feeling. I had gone through some of the postings, matter of fact all of them, and had picked some out that felt a bit stronger than others, but not exactly what I was looking for.
I felt like they were dark, not exactly black arts, but really dark. I thought it was a demon; but again, what would a demon want with me. My family is a bit odd, its small too; which means that I take a lot of thought as to who becomes a new member. So I went searching; I was familiar with Lilith, and I knew that she was loved by many people and was very much respected, so I asked her if someone was calling me.
And behold, apparently there was; and I was apparently right as well, it was a demon, but not exactly. A demon dragon; very strong and dark; but here was the catch. My main concern about a demon not upholding house rules, and or harming people without my consent, was mentioned:

He specifically said that he would follow my rules, and never go against my will.

Okay, that's nice; and then the next part:

He has no desire to hurt humans or me.

But my main thought was, that he was concerned with my protection. This struck me as odd, for I had actually thought that the only other spirit, besides my Kitsune that I would be getting; would be a guardian.

This is, without a doubt, a favorable situation; except being that he is an entity. I have another entity companion, that I have seen and felt a few times, so I have a generic idea as to what they are like, and have seen no objections as to how my family feels about him, so I do think that accepting him into my family would be a good idea. But being that I have never had something so dark, which I do have Dark Arts, but nothing on a demonic level, I would still like input from people more experienced in this are.

He really does seem almost too good to be true; and I trust Lilith, and oddly enough, I feel like I trust him too. I don't feel any hesitation towards him, but I do need preparation; after all, research is very important.

Leg leg leg so hot, leg so hot you fry an egg
fundude53
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: there all cool
If I could be anything, I would be...: dont know yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: carlos the jackel

Most humans can be more black art than demons just something for u to consider. I have quite a few demons and so far never been a problem I just hope it stays that way lol

spirits lots
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Mmm some thoughts about this:
Albion wrote:Also, being that most demonics are Black Arts, or at least to the point of them actually being able to be bound to humans, I always thought that they would make problems for those around them.
It might depend on what the definition of Black Art is, and different people do have different view on demon race.
Albion wrote:So I went searching; I was familiar with Lilith, and I knew that she was loved by many people and was very much respected, so I asked her if someone was calling me.
Did you mean Lilith the Dark Goddess? If so, then you might already get used to the darker energy.
Albion wrote: But my main thought was, that he was concerned with my protection. This struck me as odd, for I had actually thought that the only other spirit, besides my Kitsune that I would be getting; would be a guardian.
There is a saying that "protection is never enough".
For example, having one bodyguard may not be enough to guard someone, having more with different skills (close combat, long-distance coverage, etc.) is more recommended.
Albion wrote: But being that I have never had something so dark, which I do have Dark Arts, but nothing on a demonic level, I would still like input from people more experienced in this are.
This may pose a problem, that you might not be used to darker energy leading to some complications.
Not every calling should be answered and accepted, and this is ultimately your decision.

Hopefully others with experience would share their perspective as well : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Albion
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Albion

Now that I look back at the post it does seem pretty vague, but when I was referring to Lilith, I meant the conjurer Lilith of Lilith's Treasure Tavern^^ and in regards to having multiple guardians, I do agree that having many with different skills is very much needed; but I was thinking more of an intimidation tactic with him. Also, I accept that I may not be used to once side of the spectrum over the other, but I'm never one to really discriminate, so getting used to certain energies should be a part of the learning process in my opinion; there is usually never an easy way out of anything, and since he called so strongly, and has accepted my rules, I would think that giving him the benefit of the doubt would be fitting; but then again, you are also right in regards to not every calling being given the right to be answered.
darkwing wrote:Mmm some thoughts about this:
Albion wrote:Also, being that most demonics are Black Arts, or at least to the point of them actually being able to be bound to humans, I always thought that they would make problems for those around them.
It might depend on what the definition of Black Art is, and different people do have different view on demon race.
Albion wrote:So I went searching; I was familiar with Lilith, and I knew that she was loved by many people and was very much respected, so I asked her if someone was calling me.
Did you mean Lilith the Dark Goddess? If so, then you might already get used to the darker energy.
Albion wrote: But my main thought was, that he was concerned with my protection. This struck me as odd, for I had actually thought that the only other spirit, besides my Kitsune that I would be getting; would be a guardian.
There is a saying that "protection is never enough".
For example, having one bodyguard may not be enough to guard someone, having more with different skills (close combat, long-distance coverage, etc.) is more recommended.
Albion wrote: But being that I have never had something so dark, which I do have Dark Arts, but nothing on a demonic level, I would still like input from people more experienced in this are.
This may pose a problem, that you might not be used to darker energy leading to some complications.
Not every calling should be answered and accepted, and this is ultimately your decision.

Hopefully others with experience would share their perspective as well : )

Leg leg leg so hot, leg so hot you fry an egg
FenOL
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL FOR LOVE
If I could be anything, I would be...: succubus lol
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: FenOL
Zodiac:

I had a being from LTT and she said he is so dark, 1-10 his level is 12. But when he came home.. it felt nice and perfect.
Inga would not conjure you a being that you can't handle or not match with your energy so you can rest assure about it.

in regards of demon, I had them in my fams and I can say they are a lil bit different, but as long as I respect them, they will also respect me and my house rules. simple.
but I agree with darkwing, do not bring them home until you feel is it the 'time' to have demon companion.

psst... my fam said they don't want any public name so I guess I have to keep using their race ^w^

Trust and Believe and Respect
fundude53
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: there all cool
If I could be anything, I would be...: dont know yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: carlos the jackel

yes ive had a demon off her too he was advertised as way dark like deadky dark but too be fair ive felt nothing but respect and well almost love if u get my drift

spirits lots
MadFox45
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Banshee
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

hold on a sec... not every demon is ba though : /

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Lilith from LTT uses the term BA to refer to her conjures who are very dark, able to use darker magicks, and are definitely not for beginners, hence the label of BA. She even explains this in her about page on her store, so people are aware of how she does things.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

Return to “Black Arts”