Going under?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
HowdoesoneUsername?
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: A pheonix
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I know patience and repetition are needed for activating a meditative state but I need help clearing my mind of thoughts in order to fully meditate, mediating in the morning makes no difference because my mind instantly wakes up even when my body is still slightly sluggish.
Any help or techniques would be appreciated and Happy Holidays.

1s
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

How about breathing technique: focus on the deep long inhaling-exhaling process and count the number of breaths. If your mind jumps in, ignore it, but if it makes you forget the number of the breaths, start from 1 again.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Lionox
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Maybe it would help to phrase it differently. You are saying that when you sit up and meditate, your mind fills with thoughts and it keeps you from applying a technique. I think. You were relying on it to still be tired and sluggish from having slept, but the mind doesn't get to be too tired to think unless you are just plain ready to pass out. The more you try to stop thinking, the more you add energy to thinking. It only gets worse when you struggle. It is better to let it unwind and slow down on its own. This takes practice. Initially you may need half an hour just to sit and let your mind unwind. Then fifteen minutes. Eventually you may only need five. Focus on physical sensations helps to take away energy that keeps your thoughts spinning around. Your body can make an excellent anchor for your mind. That's why it is so much easier to meditate while in the body than out of body, such as while doing astral projection or in a lucid dream. Also, while out of body your emotions tend to be more intense. When you are really good you can also meditate out of body. Still trying to figure out that one myself, because every time I find a place to meditate in a lucid dream and sit down and get ready ... that's when I wake up.

Return to “Meditation”