venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Sometimes it's interesting to see the Abrahamic God and Jesus be treated in discussion in ways that literally no other immortal has been treated in any thread I've seen here.

No one, to my knowledge, has ever posted on here that any member of the various pantheons (be it Roman, Greek, Egyptian, Celtic, Norse, and more) is "invented" (see the "Ancient confession: We invented Jesus Christ" thread), a semi-God, a thoughtform, a villain...

See where I am going with this? If some bible thumper joined and attempted to post "Osiris is a thoughtform" or "Loki is a villain", that post would never get approved, nor should it. It's disrespectful to others' beliefs. If they got past the needing-post-approval stage and were able to post it directly, the post would go straight to the archive the moment a mod or admin saw it.

So why is it OK to write that way about the Abrahamic deity? There are folks here who follow His path, too, you know. And we have earned the same consideration as the adherents to all the other paths represented here.

Just saying.
I certainly don't think God is a thoughtform, but I wasn't trying to be disrespectful in saying God is a villain. It's just he really is a villain, honestly. Immortals do become villains now and then in their myths. Zeus, Poseidon, Seth (probably), Kali (probably), Lilith have all rushed into decisions at some point in their history. This means they've also done rushed decisions on humans. Now god is essentially one of the immortals who has done more rushed decisions than anyone and has done them recently in modern times.

I want to reiterate that I don't mean to offend you or your beliefs, but god really is, atleast to me, a villain somewhat. I don't hate god, i'd just be lying if I said he was a good god.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Sometimes it's interesting to see the Abrahamic God and Jesus be treated in discussion in ways that literally no other immortal has been treated in any thread I've seen here.

No one, to my knowledge, has ever posted on here that any member of the various pantheons (be it Roman, Greek, Egyptian, Celtic, Norse, and more) is "invented" (see the "Ancient confession: We invented Jesus Christ" thread), a semi-God, a thoughtform, a villain...

See where I am going with this? If some bible thumper joined and attempted to post "Osiris is a thoughtform" or "Loki is a villain", that post would never get approved, nor should it. It's disrespectful to others' beliefs. If they got past the needing-post-approval stage and were able to post it directly, the post would go straight to the archive the moment a mod or admin saw it.

So why is it OK to write that way about the Abrahamic deity? There are folks here who follow His path, too, you know. And we have earned the same consideration as the adherents to all the other paths represented here.

Just saying.
Mmm that is true, I haven't seen many posts in those topics.

Saying Abrahamic deity is a thoughtform opens the possibility that all deities from other pantheons are thoughtform. Similarly, saying one is a villain opens opens the possibility that others are villainous as well, e.g. when viewed from certain perspectives : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

That's just it. Nobody is making value judgements on any of the other deities (nor do I think they should). Not even Satan gets called a villain on these forums.

So why should JUST the Abrahamic God, and Jesus, get described as invented, as thoughtforms, as a villain, etc.?

Look, I understand that a lot of members here have had horrible treatment at the hands of people who claim they follow Abraham's God and Jesus. If it's any consolation, I am Christian myself and I don't condone bad treatment like that. I can see how bad experiences would leave a negative opinion of the folks pursuing an Abrahamic path, and of the path itself.

But if you don't want to be on the path of worshipping any particular deity, that's not a reason to denigrate the deity OR the path that follows Him. Just live and let live, just as you do with all the OTHER possible paths that you are opting not to pursue. If you wouldn't speak in that way to an adherent of Roman, Greek, Egyptian, Celtic, Norse, Voodoo, Wiccan, or other paths, then kindly give the Abrahamic path and its followers equivalent respect. I say this because the Abrahamic folks on here are *already* granting the same respect to the followers of the countless other paths represented here.

Fair is fair.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

WhimsicalSage wrote: I certainly don't think God is a thoughtform, but I wasn't trying to be disrespectful in saying God is a villain. It's just he really is a villain, honestly. Immortals do become villains now and then in their myths. Zeus, Poseidon, Seth (probably), Kali (probably), Lilith have all rushed into decisions at some point in their history. This means they've also done rushed decisions on humans. Now god is essentially one of the immortals who has done more rushed decisions than anyone and has done them recently in modern times.

I want to reiterate that I don't mean to offend you or your beliefs, but god really is, at least to me, a villain somewhat. I don't hate god, i'd just be lying if I said he was a good god.
^^^ Emphasis added by me. My point is not to highlight any one poster in this or other threads, but to shed light on the trend I'm seeing. It's not shocking to me that not every member here wants to be BFFs with every deity mentioned in these forums. And that's fine.

But we never see posts about "Oh Zeus, that rapist! Look what he did to all those human women!" Or "Set, that murderer! He killed and dismembered his own brother!" Nor should we. People who started threads of that incendiary nature would find the discussions swiftly archived and themselves getting warnings in their inbox. And that would be the correct way to handle the situation, because disrespect to people's paths is not tolerated here.

So, again, I'm going to state that what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, and ask that ALL paths be granted equal respect: Abrahamic and non-Abrahamic alike. I think that's a reasonable request to make.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Archangel Mason
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: We are Arcturian :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Sage Mason and Sadie Magnolia
Zodiac:

Lol! I have been reading about Athirat (Ashera) and her husband El, for a few days now! There's ancient Canaanite writings and statues of these two. I think many people forget that God has a wife. I've been Googling like crazy, and there's a lot of information if you look for it! Don't forget about Ashera! The two of them are quite a pair! El and Ashera were both worshipped way before Christ was born! ;)

1ht Love and Light!
Our spirit family currently consists of:
3 Court winds, 2 Cherubs, 2 Tampi, 4 different faeries, 1 Unicorn, 2 Pegasus, 1 Chinese fox, 1 Arkan sonney, 2 Leprechauns, 3 Merfolk, 2 Ichthyocentaurs, 4 Immortal Goddesses, 1 Immortal God, 2 Blue dragons, 1 Chinese teacher dragon, 1 Nalsy dragon, 4 Gnomes, 1 Maiden,1 Idelkyth elf, 4 Marid djinn, 2 Volkh, 2 Krendarkar packs, 2 Psy vampires, 2 Wraiths, 1 Lubba, 3 unbound human children, and 1 unbound Nowhere Man!
Sorenia
new here
new here

Erszebet wrote:I have found the Bhagavad Gita on the web and downloaded it, and it's really interesting.
I wonder if anyone knows it. According to that, Krishna is the true God Creator . Any imput is welcome in this thread, I wish to know from you: who is the true God Creator in your opinion? please share what you think about this. Thanks 1ak
If you were to ask me personally, who MY "true God Creator" is, it is God Himself (I am a Catholic). The thing is, we are all made differently, and we see and interpret things differently. Some people believe in the same God, they just have a different way of practicing those beliefs. Others believe in an entirely different God, such as what you say about the Bhagavad Gita and Krishna being the "true God Creator". Who is wrong and who is right? Well this is my personal view: If your own interpretation of God motivates you and guides you in a positive way, that is what matters most and it can't be labeled wrong.

JackOLantern2170
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2556
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Count Lucarda
Zodiac:

I can tell you who God is, he is the same man that is the Father of Jesus Christ, who is my Lord and Savior, and a God is a man who has helped me out so many times than I can name, along with his son, that I feel grateful to them both.

He is the man that made humans to be friends with them. And he will also be the man to do something huge in my life, something so important that it will make me forever indebted to him.

I'll try to be a bit of a dork and goofball for a change.. (Sticks Tongue Out.) ;*D

But in all seriousness, work hard in your life, earn your place, and have fun in life, but do the right thing.
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

Speaking for myself, I believe that Yahweh is an Immortal (like any other) who was chosen by a lot of the population to be taken to an extraordinary level of recognition and worship. Do I believe he is the "ultimate God"? Not personally, no.. above and beyond Yahweh, I believe there is a Neutral source of creation, who created Yahweh and all other Immortals as well as everything else within existence. And this is where I become Agnostic, because to me, "the source" is unknowable right now. Yet, I recognise that it is out there.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I pretty much agree with Feranox.

I hide no fact that I don't care for religions and I have particular grudge with christianity and their god. That religion was brought to my country with violence and death.
But I am quite curious about the followers of the Abrahamic path, how do they view the vengeful god of the old testament and how does it factor into their workings?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:But I am quite curious about the followers of the Abrahamic path, how do they view the vengeful god of the old testament and how does it factor into their workings?
One reasoning can be seen here:
http://christianthinktank.com/madgod.html
It's an academical reasoning, although unfortunately not all follow the thought process : \

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Immortals”