Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucia

Hi everyone,

I just meditated for about an hour and a half lying on my back and body went numb, and I just couldn't get to that vibration stage, so I flipped myself over onto my stomach. I have never been able to astral project before.

As soon as I did that my mind started playing "This is Halloween" from Nightmare before Christmas in my head (not sure why) and I started feeling this HUGE vibration and tingling and felt like I was floating, but a door would bang or a ferry outside would make a noise and the vibration would start to falter, I think the sudden noise just scared me.

Then I tried to calm myself and my mind (possibly in a dream like state) started to show me all these colours and flowers and I was in this strange land and I started to giggle in real life, but saw all this imagery in my head with rabbits and flowers and interesting creatures. I think I then fell asleep and started to dream.... and in this "dream" I was in my room outside of body and away from the bed on the floor, and something was grabbing me by my legs and twirling me around on the carpet. It felt so real, almost like a lucid dream, but I was definitely not fully conscious or aware like you are meant to be when astral projecting.

Am I getting close? Does anyone have any tips? I am trying to astral project because I haven't been able to see my spirits yet or fully feel them.

Thank you!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mm just a tip: don't forget protective measures, just in case : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
K0KIRI
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucia

darkwing wrote:Mm just a tip: don't forget protective measures, just in case : )
I ask my spirits/ spirit guides for protection and imagine golden light surrounding me. Is this enough?

Also, is sleep paralysis a requirement before you project? I hate sleep paralysis as I always have bad experiences with it / feel a bad presence. Is there some way to project without this step?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

K0KIRI wrote: I ask my spirits/ spirit guides for protection and imagine golden light surrounding me. Is this enough?
Mmm it should be enough, for now : )

K0KIRI wrote: Also, is sleep paralysis a requirement before you project? I hate sleep paralysis as I always have bad experiences with it / feel a bad presence. Is there some way to project without this step?
It is necessary not to feel anything in the physical body for full immersion when projecting. Sleep paralysis is the effect when the physical body is so relax that it becomes numb everywhere. Thus, for full immersion that one leaves the physical body, it is important.

Although, there is projection that is not full, i.e. the person still feels the physical body to some extent.

And one thing you can try: how about projecting while sitting straight, instead of laying down? : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Sounds like you had a measure of success.

My two cents are as follows. FWIW. ;)

1.Protection. Before intentionally doing any magick work, I do the following:
a. Banishing. I use the sword banishing ritual in Damon Brand's book Magickal Protection. I'm
sure you can find others around if you need one.
b. Grounding and centering. Lots of easy to find ways to do this. Personally, I picture myself as a
tree whose roots go all the way through the earth and whose branches go all the way up till
they touch the web of light. I breathe in and think "I take what I need from my roots." I breathe
out and think "I send back what I don't." Also through my roots. I do this until I am fully at peace
and in a meditative sort of place. Then I focus energy to my center.
c. Shielding. This is an approach I intuitively developed on my own, so your mileage may vary. I
come from a Christian background, raised to think of the greatest forces as "faith, hope, and
love." Now I no longer identify as Christian so much as a polytheist with a devotional
relationship with Jesus. So I thought of what was more powerful to me than "faith," now that I'm
not a...."blind faither," so to speak. And I thought, "Peace." And while love is VERY powerful, it
is also quite volatile. So I start with peace. I picture peace as white, so I picture drawing up
white peace energy on the inhale and amplify it on the exhale until I feel so much of it I can
project a bubble of it around me and think-say, "I protect myself with the power of peace. I do
the same with love and hope, in that order. Love being pink, and hope being green like growth.
In case you are interested, I struggle the most with hope. If you are someone who experiences
depression or anxiety, this protection regimen has helped me with that to the point where I can
calm down or perk up enough to walk into work or a party or something else challenging. The
bubbles are spherical for me, but some people really gravitate toward pyramids, I've heard.
d. I think/say, "No one may enter this protection unless I invite them." Then I invite whom I wish.
Always include your protection team on that invitation list, if you have a protection team. If
you do not have a protection team, build one, stat.
2. Sounds to me like you experienced some measure of success. Personally, I go through either a
feelings-state like the giddy bunnies and flowers experience or a travel state, like viewing
yourself from outside your body or viewing someone else where they are at the time.
3. Spinning. I have never felt like I was grabbed by my feet and spun around, but I experience
a spinning sensation as my ability to stay in the astral or in a meditative state is petering out. I
usually try to fight this by re-centering. Sometimes I am successful, but usually I am not because
the spinning is jarring enough to knock me out of the state fully.

AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 52
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

You are very close, next time try not to pay attention to the images, sometimes they can be a part of your body trying to get you to sleep(sounds to me you were half and half) it happens to me sometimes but I've seperated the two, one eye sees visions or dreams, the other eye sees astral. This only happens to me sometimes. Focous more on what you are feeling not what you see. The easiest thing to do is go into a lucid dream from astral and when people try to project and travel for the first time they often go into lucid dreams. Honestly though the first time I ever went to astsral it just happened. I felt vibrations and I heard my name in a hundred whispers and I also heard tones, I've been lucid dreaming all my life though, astral opened itself up to me when I was in the third grade (granted I had no idea that's what it was) but you are going very well, keep at it. Try short meditations also. I think it's more affective. It helps you to be more aware of your body which makes the separation easier for astral. Like when you mind is awake but your body isn't.

The way I do it is I focus on the sounds around me, I listen in on them, and I get completely relaxed, then I feel my energy, next thing I know my body is asleep but my mind is still fully conscious. When this happens practice using ur mind. A lot of times in this state ppl see visions, hear spirits, or hear beautiful music (this is like the waiting room state before you enter astral) but it's a good idea to practice hearing from ur spirits in this state. When you are comfortable with this I think it makes things easy plus you learn how to do extra things yah know. Everyone's goal is astral yes? But don't forgot everything else you can do while you're trying to reach that goal.

Hope to hear more about your experiences sweet heart xoxo

D(Bronwyn Angel)A(Sterling Angel)N(Merman)Y(Sanguine Vampire)D(Courtwind Angel)N(Courtwind Angel)F(Fallow Dragon)H(Moss Dragon)F(Gregori)D(Red Demon entity)K(custom kitsune alpha)A(Seraphim Angel entity)Z(slime girl alpha)S(micro bug girl)M(fallen angel)M(Demon-Neb Djinn) L and J(werewolves)J(Concuan)R(DemonVampire)P(Fallen angel entity)R(Succubus Queen)M(Vampire Prince)E(Incubus)D(nympho)
3 spirit guides,DionysisDelinquent(A)ElementalDemon(A)

~Knowledge is at my fingertips~
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Hey, cool thread! :D ::included::

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”