Nightmares every single night... help please!

Kaliopia
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 68
Spelled Number: 280
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaliopia Amethyst Rayne
Zodiac:

I agree with the others advice but keep in mind that not everything is paranormal. I always consider if something could be medical or logical before concluding to paranormal.

I went through a period of about 2 years when I was in high school where I had horrifying nightmares every night. Like Alys was saying, as soon as I started taking antidepressants the nightmares stopped. I only took them for a few months, but the nightmares never returned.

So, just make sure you rule out a medical cause.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

It may sound terribly obvious but take a look at your diet (what you have been putting into your body and when), nutrition, and energy level or reactions as related to this.

Also consider your environment beyond the evident stressors that may exist, but the things you surround yourself with that may not be thought twice about.. how your bed is positioned, the colours of your room and bedding etc, the scent of the room, the temperature.. what they evoke for you cognitively, emotionally. A lot can imprint itself upon your sleep.

If you are not opposed to interacting with deities I might also suggest asking for guidance from a divinity who rules over dreamscape such as Morpheus.

And finally.. if you haven't already, try confronting and dissecting the subject matter of the nightmares. Even if they seem senseless, resolution of dreams causes consciousness alteration and is likely to shift the nature of them.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:It may sound terribly obvious but take a look at your diet (what you have been putting into your body and when), nutrition, and energy level or reactions as related to this.

Also consider your environment beyond the evident stressors that may exist, but the things you surround yourself with that may not be thought twice about.. how your bed is positioned, the colours of your room and bedding etc, the scent of the room, the temperature.. what they evoke for you cognitively, emotionally. A lot can imprint itself upon your sleep.

If you are not opposed to interacting with deities I might also suggest asking for guidance from a divinity who rules over dreamscape such as Morpheus.

And finally.. if you haven't already, try confronting and dissecting the subject matter of the nightmares. Even if they seem senseless, resolution of dreams causes consciousness alteration and is likely to shift the nature of them.
As usual with Noc, all that! ^

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I agree with the advice given here, and I will say in particular Noc's is something I have been taught to look for. Often it's not something complex.

If they persist though, let us know

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Is there something that bothers you during the day? Some anxiety, irritation? Also sometime when we become more sensitive, we pick up on stuff. I would talked to the person you dreamed about...maybe something is on their mind.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

I had super horrible nightmares almost every night as well. I ended up adopting a Baku (dream eater) and he has helped so much! I still get random nightmares but not as often or as severe. Perhaps look into them to see if they would be a good fit for you and your spirit family :)

ImageImageImage
K0KIRI
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucia

Alys wrote:First, the mundane: I find that when I have a lot of nightmares that my depression/anxiety medications need adjustment. If you are on any or have other symptoms of depression and/or anxiety, then you may want to explore that avenue.

Second, the supernatural: I find that banishing, grounding and shielding before bed is helpful as is asking members of your spirit family to assist you in getting restful sleep. As a practical matter, because I am almost always dreaming while asleep and very aware of it, I have gotten some CH bindings with "tuners" on them that I turn to zero before I go to bed. That helps tons.

Good luck and e-hugs. Bad sleep blows.
Hi!

Thanks for your advice.

I'm not taking any medication as I try to deal with my anxiety (I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety, but I do have panic attacks and freak out often and overthink every day) through meditation and other forms, so I don't think that's the problem.

Could you please explain to me what the tuners are??

Thanks!

K0KIRI
new here
new here

AmethystRayne wrote:I agree with the others advice but keep in mind that not everything is paranormal. I always consider if something could be medical or logical before concluding to paranormal.

I went through a period of about 2 years when I was in high school where I had horrifying nightmares every night. Like Alys was saying, as soon as I started taking antidepressants the nightmares stopped. I only took them for a few months, but the nightmares never returned.

So, just make sure you rule out a medical cause.
I don't think I have depression, but I have been going through a lot of stress and anxiety recently.

I'm glad to hear your bad dreams have stopped.

K0KIRI
new here
new here

Noctifera wrote:It may sound terribly obvious but take a look at your diet (what you have been putting into your body and when), nutrition, and energy level or reactions as related to this.

Hi Noctifera,

My diet and exercise level is pretty good. I tend to eat healthy good, and have a few snacks / cheat meals here and there.

I will try contacting Morpheus, thank you for your advice!! My bedroom seems pretty light and refreshing at the moment. All your advice is very helpful.

K0KIRI
new here
new here

Samsara wrote:Is there something that bothers you during the day? Some anxiety, irritation? Also sometime when we become more sensitive, we pick up on stuff. I would talked to the person you dreamed about...maybe something is on their mind.
Hi Samsara,

Yes, I have a lot of anxiety at work and recently with a relationship (the relationship is peaceful at the moment though). The things I dream about are about people dying, random people from highschool I don't speak to anymore and random horror type events.

Return to “General Questions”