Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Yes yes I know, terrible pun in the title. :lol:

So I was taking a shower, talking to the other companions, when I reach my mind out to talk to one of them, not directly specifically, and Neraldi, an Enan dragon, curls up on the top rim of the stand-in shower stall, where the shower ceramic meets the wall.

We exchanged a few words, talking about random things, then, me looking for a subject to discuss, asks how Neraldi cleans himself. At least, how he did in living life, as nowadays being made up of energy as a spirit, it's a lot easier/not as "necessary".

At first I was thinking he dipped himself into a body of water to clean, but he disagreed.
So I wondered surely he didn't lick himself, which he said no, he didn't lol.

So I asked, and he said he gulped water, and then sprayed it over himself, like a hose.
Firstly I'll be honest, the first thought that came to mind, cause it's the only other place I've heard of it, it elephants and their trunks. Except Neraldi meant using his mouth. Then I recalled his flexible neck.

He said he never thought of bathing, but it wasn't a non-feasible option. He just consumed water, let it heat up, and then like a high power firehose, spat it back out and cleaned himself.

Wait wait, warmed the water?
Then he went onto explain he ignited a bit of a fire in his stomach, warmed up the water in his throat/stomach, and spat it back out. He agreed with me on the concept of cold water being eh. XD

So can all dragons breathe fire? He didn't know, but he said he never actually breathed fire, although he was sure he could if he wanted. Being a small forest climber dragon, setting fire to things served very little purpose, as it may end up setting his home, or worse, the entire forest, aflame.

He could produce the oils through body chemistry, and a bit of magick, in his stomach, and then rubbed his throat together internally (there's some of ignition sharp hard pieces on either side of his stomach, like a lighter) to ignite the oil. Or ignite a piece of flammable material that he consumes, so it drops into the oil in his stomach. And no, he didn't have oil in his stomach all the time, only for showers really.

Nowadays it's mostly magick to produce it, but I thought that was a interesting little piece of trivia, don't you?

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Nova Midnight
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

I went to go ask my black dragon this and she said "some things are better left unknown, child"

Well okay then.

Companions: 5 vampires, 2 werewolves, 2 hellcats, 3 hellhounds, 1 manticore, 1 drow elf, 1 damoin, 1 phoenix, 1 lunadon, 1 bakeneko, 1 reiki dragon, 1 kitsune, 1 werephoenix, 1 wraith, 3 demons, 1 shadow drainer, 1 nephilim, 1 reaper, 1 slime queen, 1 alpha, 1 firefly girl
Immortals: Nyx, Thanatos, Artemis, Hekate, Athena, Hades, Anubis, Mari
it is what it is
Waiting on: Owl Familiar, Hades Hound, Hades Nymph, Alpha Lord, Alpha
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

CosmicGhost wrote:I went to go ask my black dragon this and she said "some things are better left unknown, child"

Well okay then.
Lol. Hmmm, I am now curious.

Oh, Kathrine, (brass dragon) gave me an image of breathing fire over herself to clean. So that's how she does. ^_^

And Spade (Itla dragon) dips into ponds/natural bodies of water and cleans himself that way.

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

I happen to know some dragons can breathe fire while others can breathe ice and my platinum dragon can breathe fire or ice. I think ( I didn't ask) the mechanism for her fire or ice is liquid hydrogen. After some thought I decided it is more likely liquid butane, since the fire is yellow. (hydrogen flames are almost invisible)

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

That's interesting Huff! Thanks for sharing haha.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

CosmicGhost wrote:I went to go ask my black dragon this and she said "some things are better left unknown, child"

Well okay then.
That is the best. XD

Minimoon
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: ?
If I could be anything, I would be...: live aslong as i wan
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Katara
Zodiac:

I asked my feldgrau how he bathed and he said he would usually just swim in the waterfalls/rivers/ponds/lakes/oceans and brush himself against various "scruby plants" but if he was looking to get a REAL good cleaning, he said he would travel to various islands where there were certain creatures (idk what creatures?)who ate away the filth..(ew) He said they would just leave him shining! (he compared them to how shrimp eat algae) he said it was his preferred method because he could just lay back and it felt like small tickly massages. he also said that if he couldnt find any of those creatures he'd ask someone to help him out in exchange for a favor from him at a later date, =)

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

That sounds very interesting Mini! It's intriguing how they have all been different methods so far haha. :D

Larkspur
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 14
My magical/paranormal name...: Larkspur
Zodiac:

So on reading this I thought I'd ask my dragons how they bathe the answers were...very different.

E licks herself clean (ironic as she's a feline looking dragon) Therios & Dorian both just like to get in water and let it ease away. Tirio does not bathe, ever, period not happening. A runs through the rain? Not quite sure how that works.

GoldenAitvaras
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons & Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Water Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hmm , what about Red/Vermillians ? Anyone know how they bathe?

Return to “Spirit Keeping”